Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castle Crashers

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 27, 2008

Grab three other knights and storm enemy forces in this downloadable beat-em-up with RPG elements, complete with smoothly-drawn graphics.

Characters getting erased when playing on different consoles?

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Gregomasta

I started playing CC on my home console as soon as it came out(3am Chicago time) and the day after, I had a level 8 grey knight by the time I was done playing on my console and I did not start playing till later on this evening when I brought my profile over to my buddy's place and we played on his system, he had not purchased the game.  Of course we were able to play on his system no prob(his console is connected to the internet) but when we started my chars were all at level 1 and I had NO grey knight, now I assumed since we were playing on HIS console this would be normal, eventho when I checked to see if I needed any game data to bring over on my MU not counting the actual game, and the only thing on my HD that had Castle Crashers attached to it was the game itself, so I thought it was funny if everything is saved to my profile yet my none of my earlier game data was brought up on his counsole.  So, anyway, I recently got back home and I started the game up again(its sorta like a drug?) and now...its identical to what we were playing at his place, I do have the grey knight, but we unlocked him back over at his place(you unlock him early) but he's at level 1, I had used blue knight and gotten him to 18, and that is what I'm seeing here....on my console, all the places we unlocked at his place are ALSO on my console.  So my two part question is, where did my first game save go, and has this happened to anyone else?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Jeff was having a problem with his saves getting corrupted since he moves his hard drive around to different consoles.  Sounds like this is related.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gregomasta

ah jeez, I'm bringing my MU over to my buddy's house again today......I hope this problem magically goes away because I can totally see this problem ruining CC for me.

Rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Rob

Yeah I had this problem aswell, I took my hard drive over to a friends and when I came back I had lost my level 11 red knight :-( It definately seems best to avoid this until they get it patched - didn't Braid have some problems with using your hard drive on another console aswell? It's weird how this has cropped up again.

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By JDUB_XL

Yes Behemoth, Please fix

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By suneku

I've been playing on my friend's console, so I'm hoping mine won't get erased when I have to move back to my console.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gregomasta

A Fix?

I think I have a fix, listen up Ryan Jeff and anyone else.  So continuing from my first couple of posts, I got to my buddy's apt today fully aware of this lost save data glitch.  I loaded in my MU, sync'd my controller with his console and restarted the console with my controller as first player.  I started up CC and got to the char screen, there it was....all 4 knights at level one...I was pissed people.  Eric, my friend, then pressed A, which prompted him to log in which he did, and his chars all showed up, the grey knight AND his lvl 20 knight....I was even more pissed.  So I exited back to arcade and force him to startup the game with him being in the first player position, now HIS chars were back to level 1 and he also had no grey knight I then laughed.  So he in turn made me startup the game, now it was back to the first situation my chars were level 1 and he had his 20 red knight back.  So in a fit I signed out in my char screen, then signed in, it took me back to the start screen, I started up single player again, and BOTH my chars and his chars were back to normal, we then continued to play.  I just started up CC at my place and my chars are still there, this might be a temp fix or just a lucky fluke since I'm still missing my first game save which I assume is never comming back.  Don't lose the faith people I'm so sure Tom Fulp will fix this.
    jinkywilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By jinkywilliams

I can confirm, at least for myself, that Gregomasta is on the right path. The problem is not erasure of the data, it's the retrieval of it. I had a level 9 knight who seemed to disappear when I moved the hard drive to my friend's 360. So I played again up to level 29, and then it seemed to be erased again when I moved it back. I played a third time to level 21, and when it disappeared again, I was about ready to give up on CC until they fixed it. But I liked the game too much to do it. My friend said "try to log out and in again". I couldn't see why this would make a difference, but I did it any way. And it worked! Woohoo. So, while I'm unhappy about losing 38 levels, I am glad that it's not something I have to wait for a fix for.

So, if you find your knight at level 1 again, just log out and in again (while still in the game).

evilmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By evilmonkey

awsum tht works a treat thnx mate

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.