Is this game fun alone?

#1 Posted by Arceion (203 posts) -

For 5$ on steam I guess I cant go wrong in getting it, but is it fun alone? is there online at all? Thanks :)

#2 Edited by djou (875 posts) -

You can play it alone but its not much fun. I would recommend at least one other player but four is a lot of fun. The gameplay gets repetitive fast, the fun is found in charging through the levels with friends, maximizing power ups, and fighting to get the best animal companions. I had a blast dueling friends for the princess kiss and fighting through insanity.

edit: ughh... fixed my poor phrasing.

#3 Posted by ShaggE (6456 posts) -

@djou said:

I would recommend at least one player

THAT is good advice. Zero player Castle Crashers is painfully dull.

:P

#4 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

Is it better with more than one person? Yes. Is it still a really great beat-em-up when played solo? Also yes.

#5 Posted by Ben_H (3361 posts) -

Absolutely. It is a ton of fun no matter what. The music is great too.

#6 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1975 posts) -

This game was disappointing for me, I would not recommend it, and that was playing with friends.

#7 Posted by BBAlpert (1475 posts) -

Having played through most of the game solo myself, I'd say that it's worth playing, but probably not worth trying to beat on your own. The game really feels like it was balanced for 3-4 players, though it isn't too much of an issue until some of the later levels. Not that the game becomes particularly demanding, but enemies just take a lot longer to kill since they're built to stand up against 4 players' attacks.

#8 Posted by SeanCoughing (269 posts) -

I played through alone until I got to a boss I couldn't beat. I had a blast with it, still need to get back to it.

#9 Posted by Cubidog1 (228 posts) -

Don't buy if you aren't going to play with frends.

#10 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -
@Cubidog1 said:

Don't buy if you aren't going to play with frends.

#11 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I played it through, it's pretty fun and awesome but it gets a little stale near the end. It's a cool game though, I don't regret my purchase at all.

#12 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Played it by myself and I enjoyed it. So yea take that nay-sayers for I have the amazing gift of a differing opinion!

#13 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

If you're looking for a game to play with friends, drop a few extra bucks on Magicka. I played through Castle Crashers and didn't have half as much fun as I did with the chaos that is Magicka.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.