The King Pack is Here!

#1 Posted by marcusfriendly (87 posts) -

The long awaited DLC for Castle Crashers is finaly here and at only around 160 microsoft points(which is just $2). The King Pack will offer two new characters: an open faced Gray Kinght and The King,3 new weapons: Lollipop Gold Sword, and Kings Mace, 2 new animal orbs Peltor, and the Seal, and also new magic called Kings Healing. For only 2 dollars this is a great deal! Oh and it is also said(dont qute me) that there will be a Chainsaw in the DLC for those Gears Of  War Fans.

#2 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Yeah I played CC for the first time in months last night (the online co-op works great now!) and I see everyone has a new golden looking weapon.

I know two bucks isn't much, but for 2 characters and 3 new weapons (two of which I wont even use) it sounds a bit steep.

#3 Posted by jollywhitegiant (54 posts) -

Has anyone picked this up yet? Any impressions?

#4 Posted by ieatlions (708 posts) -

its alright a bit  steep but they don't get to pick the pricing and 2 dollars was as cheap as it goes

#5 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

long awaited? theres a couple stupid new characters and the game wasn't very good to begin with.

#6 Posted by ieatlions (708 posts) -
RedSox8933 said:
"long awaited? theres a couple stupid new characters and the game wasn't very good to begin with."
this game was amazing to begin with
#7 Posted by tokyochicken (849 posts) -

Nice,I might need to get back into that game and now that the online has been patched apparently I see no reason why I shouldn't give the game another shot.

#8 Posted by mugugipan (376 posts) -

I got both the game and the king's pack

I want to know, does the king's pack make things way too easy?
I am asking because it seems like it does.

#9 Posted by BBQBram (2212 posts) -

Is this worth it for those who weren't avidly collecting weapons and animal orbs in the first place?

#10 Posted by Sponge (41 posts) -

Got it when it came out. The King has some very different magic, you can heal yourself and any ally near you. The open-faced gray knight is pretty much just a different looking gray knight. The two new weapons are very good and one of them is level one and adds 6 strength. Makes the first couple levels insanely easy. If you like to play the game at all, the pack is worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.