Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 04, 2005

The first Castlevania game for the Nintendo DS, continuing the tale of Soma Cruz and his ability to absorb the souls of fallen enemies for use in combat and utility.

In Defense of Gamestop.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

Edited By Captainlunchbox

For as much as I've complained about the trade-in program at Gamestop, lately things have been looking up. Their new program, I feel, is definitely a step in the right direction. I don't know if they're using the term "beta" as a gimmicky term to draw more people in, but I'd say so far so good. It's cool that my purchases are tracked and that the points actually translate into deals and offers.
    The real reason that i'm writing though is that, occasionally, having a used games specialty chain really comes in handy. Most of the really rare recent-old-gen games that I've looked for I've found reasonably priced at Gamestop. If I don't wanna pay 200 bucks for a copy of Tactics Ogre on ebay, I have an option. That option was to send the only copy for 100 miles from across the state to a local GS where I picked it up for less than 10 dollars. I'd call that a win. Recently, I've scored copies of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Advance Wars Dual Strike, and Contact for cheap. Again. WIn.
    No need to seek out garage sales, craigslist, ebay, anything sketchy.
    I'm currently giving the "pickup@store" thing a try. More on that as it develops. The game in question is Castelvania Dawn of Sorrow- which, since its disonctinuation has become exceedingly rare. I will say that I wish the stock info was updated more regularly.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

For as much as I've complained about the trade-in program at Gamestop, lately things have been looking up. Their new program, I feel, is definitely a step in the right direction. I don't know if they're using the term "beta" as a gimmicky term to draw more people in, but I'd say so far so good. It's cool that my purchases are tracked and that the points actually translate into deals and offers.
    The real reason that i'm writing though is that, occasionally, having a used games specialty chain really comes in handy. Most of the really rare recent-old-gen games that I've looked for I've found reasonably priced at Gamestop. If I don't wanna pay 200 bucks for a copy of Tactics Ogre on ebay, I have an option. That option was to send the only copy for 100 miles from across the state to a local GS where I picked it up for less than 10 dollars. I'd call that a win. Recently, I've scored copies of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Advance Wars Dual Strike, and Contact for cheap. Again. WIn.
    No need to seek out garage sales, craigslist, ebay, anything sketchy.
    I'm currently giving the "pickup@store" thing a try. More on that as it develops. The game in question is Castelvania Dawn of Sorrow- which, since its disonctinuation has become exceedingly rare. I will say that I wish the stock info was updated more regularly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

What?

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Mrskidders
    @InfamousBIG said:
    " What? "

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

I haven't been to GameStop since I quit last December. Amazon has better deals. All GS has is fat nerds, and the store smells weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.