Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 04, 2010

Take control of various protagonists from the series's history in this downloadable 2D platformer featuring both online co-operative mulitplayer (for up to six players at a time) and extremely large levels.

Has anyone tried the new DLC stage?

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By rjaylee

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried this yet and what boss it features. I'm also curious to know what kind of loot can drop in this stage or if it adds any.

SpenceKratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SpenceKratos

yep its pretty snazzy kinda forgot to put in the drops but i'll add them in a bit 
     http://www.giantbomb.com/castlevania-harmony-of-despair/61-31137/chapter-7-thoughts-boss-guide-spoiler-ridden/35-453926/#1

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Shadow

It's pretty shitty.  It's just one new map with 3 new enemies and 4 new items (all of which suck) for 1/3 the price of the game.  I love the game itself, but this DLC is worth maybe $2.  And that would be pushing it.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By kevinski

There's one new regular enemy (Mummy) and one new boss (Astarte). There aren't many worthwhile new drops, although Charlotte can absorb Delta Spark from Astarte, and Soma can get souls from Astarte and Mummy. I'd say that the map is worth the money, but I'm the sort of person who's gotten far more replay value from HD for the money. I've just played the game a lot more than any other game on Xbox 360 (even games that I paid $60 for), so paying $5 for a new level that changes things up a bit is worth it for me. 

For the record, Astarte requires significantly different tactics when compared to any other boss, and she pretty much neuters Alucards and Somas who spam Valmanway/Yasutsuna. She has some excellent drops, including Winged Boots (Hard), as well as Lapiste and Pneuma (any difficulty) for Shanoa. I've heard that she also drops Valmanway (Hard).

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.