Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 04, 2010

Take control of various protagonists from the series's history in this downloadable 2D platformer featuring both online co-operative mulitplayer (for up to six players at a time) and extremely large levels.

Shanoa glyphs help?

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By dvdhaus

So I've been playing as Shanoa for little under 2 hours and still haven't gotten any new glyphs.  Does anyone know how to capture any?  Right now my fire spell is at level 3, about half way to four. 

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By TheMasterDS

There are Green Skeletons on level 5 which you can get a beam spell from, and there's a glowing witch that levitates around who casts two more spells you can get. That is all the spells you can get far as I know. I've heard that there are some weapons to be found, but I dunno where to find them. 

Oh, also, the spells seem weaker than the fireball or at least level with them. 

I just looked into it. Apparently weapons are only dropped by bosses. Fucking great. I have to grind bosses to get any fucking progression out of one of the best characters in the goddamn series.

infestedandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By infestedandy
    @TheMasterDS: Are you serious? Gah, that's damn disappointing...

@dvdhaus: Yeah, you have to wait for certain enemies to start casting their magic and a little, usually triangular, glyph comes out. You only have a second to react by pushing the up button or stick. Once you do so you'll absorb the spell and all you need to do is use it to level it up!

The lightning spell is insanely powerful as it homes in on targets automatically. Level that sucker up and watch enemies literally disintegrate before you.
    Infamousn89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Infamousn89

Just picked up that lightning spell and you are right my friend! It rocks.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMasterDS
    @infestedandy: Actually, I've gotten a feel for Shanoa now that I've put two rings which boost MP recovery on her. Means I can spam lightning, which is a load of fun. Plus I like how fast she can attack with her swords.
    liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By liquid3600
    @TheMasterDS:  Dang what rings are those?  I burn through MP with Shanoa like crazy.
    TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMasterDS
    @LiQuid3600: Dunno, I just was looking through my inventory and came across them. Equipped both, didn't look back. Dunno if they stack, but everything else does so I don't see why it wouldn't. To tell you what they were I'd have to turn on my 360 and boot up the game so I'll get back to you on that if you can find out if you have them yourself.
    dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dvdhaus

Thanks guys, I did notice on some enemies that glyph so now I know what to look for. 

liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By liquid3600
    @TheMasterDS said:
    " @LiQuid3600: Dunno, I just was looking through my inventory and came across them. Equipped both, didn't look back. Dunno if they stack, but everything else does so I don't see why it wouldn't. To tell you what they were I'd have to turn on my 360 and boot up the game so I'll get back to you on that if you can find out if you have them yourself. "
    Found them!!  They're called Sage Rings.  I didn't even realize I had two of them too!  Guess I need to pay closer attention to those item descriptions and not just the stats!
    dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dvdhaus

That lightning spell is AWESOME!...Now I need to find the 2 weapons for her.

Bahamutduo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Bahamutduo

What enemy has the lightning spell, and on what level, sounds like I need that ASAP

dvdhaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dvdhaus
    @Bahamutduo:  Level four. Those same witches from which you get the Ice blast spell.  The ones that are floating in the "white starbursts"  And also in the later levels from the green skeletons you can get that purple beam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.