Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 04, 2010

Take control of various protagonists from the series's history in this downloadable 2D platformer featuring both online co-operative mulitplayer (for up to six players at a time) and extremely large levels.

The First DLC?

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kevinski

Destructoid has posted a rumor that the first batch of DLC will include Julius and Maria as playable characters, as well as a pyramid level based on the Egyptian levels in Portrait of Ruin. It looks pretty convincing. Interestingly, it looks as though Julius will be able to swing from those metallic things that're usually reserved for use with Shanoa's magnetic ring (whatever the Hell it's called), similar to how Simon Belmont could in IV. 

Bear in mind that - based on the screenshots - these do appear to be separate DLC items. I'm hoping that characters aren't more than 80 MSP.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, now we know why a six player game only had five playable characters. 

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By BunkerBuster

That piece of shit game is getting DLC? I bet its a 200kb unlock.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kevinski
    @BunkerBuster said:
    " That piece of shit game is getting DLC? I bet its a 200kb unlock. "
    The sprites and assets involved for the sprites probably ARE that large. :P
    liquid3600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By liquid3600

For my $15 bucks, I've already gotten my monies worth of this game at about 15+ hours of enjoyment and will continue to love it for a long while, so I'm way into DLC.  Hope it's reasonably priced, and by that I mean I hope it doesn't throw my MS point total off of multiples of 400, haha.

BTW, oh man, the article mentions Grant Danasty.  I never even thought about him!  How would wall climbing effect the current game?  I wouldn't think it would be too breaking.  Most of the bosses (excepting the first one) have a full radius of fuck up zone.

The possibilities...  I really hope they don't stop expanding this game for a long time.  The foundation is there to add as many new characters (and especially chapters!) as they want.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kevinski
    Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ulong

With how bad this game's lobby system is, i'm kind of scared that you'll buy the dlc level and never be able to use it because someone joined your team that didn't buy it.

Philva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Philva

I heard the Download will be 4 megs. so I imagine your getting new sprite art and not unlocking previously downloaded assets.  i hope....

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ulong

I would hope that it's a required 4meg update, and then you pay to unlock it so people without the dlc can play with them, this game does not need a player devide on dlc vs no dlc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.