Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 04, 2010

Take control of various protagonists from the series's history in this downloadable 2D platformer featuring both online co-operative mulitplayer (for up to six players at a time) and extremely large levels.

What are the chances of Castlevania HD coming to PSN?

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Jaktajj

According to Gamasutra:
     http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/31658/InDepth_Xbox_Live_Arcade_Sales_Analysis_October_2010.php

Castlevania has sold 90,000 units on XBOX Live (and according to that link - that number is based on online figures and lower than the actual size of sales. The creator of Castlevania has said it will come to PSN if it sells well - would those 90, 000 be considered a good sale? I am not sure what numbers consist 'sells wells' on the Downloadable games market.

Despite the negative reviews - I still want to play this REAL bad!

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By 02sfraser

That isn't very high sales but I don't see why they wouldn't bring it to PS3. It will just increase there sales and wouldn't take that long to do.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

Still you're not losing much by not playing it. 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

I don't think that 90,000 is good enough sales, but who am I to judge. But still this game is really only for hardcore Castlevania fans.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Go download a Castlevania game that doesn't suck, like SoTN. Or play the new 3D one. It's pretty good. But don't pay them for Castlevania HD. It's a cheap attempt on their part to scam you out of money for what amounts to nothing more than pre-existing content hastily thrown together.  

Well, I suppose the layout of the levels is different, but all the characters, enemies, and environment designs are taken directly from other games. 

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jaktajj

I would indeed call myself a hardcore Castlevania fan and yes, I'm aware that a lot of people wouldn't like this game or don't consider it to be very good. Still, I know enough about it to know that I would really enjoy this. The music is enough for me! ;)

Here's the thing I noticed is that Castlevania's 90k seems to be fairly up there with Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light and Deathspank - and they both got dual platform releases. So we should be seeing Castlevania on the PSN, right? Is there anything missing in my logic?

Codariocalyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Codariocalyx
    @el_tajij: Your logic would make sense if  L ara Croft & the Guardian of Light and Deathspank were originally one console games that got ported due to sales....but they weren't
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By carlthenimrod

I'm pretty sure they will port it eventually at some point. Maybe with the DLC packed in.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jaktajj
    @TorresLFC:  Crap...............that IS a good point! :(

@carlthenimrod: I like the way you think. I'm going to get my hopes up and assume you're the most correct in this whole thread so far! =D
    coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By coaxmetal

If you really want to play a castlevania HD, play Harmony of Dissonance for the GBA. That game was pretty good.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jaktajj
    @Riboflavin: Played and completed it, my friend. :) Like I said, I'd call myself a pretty hardcore Castlevania fan, I've played and completed all of the 2d (GBA + DS titles) since SotN, and have completed that as well! Have played through a lot of the older ones - I'm just hungry for 2d castlevania on my Playstation! ;)
    0zymandias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By 0zymandias
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    Go download a Castlevania game that doesn't suck, like SoTN. Or play the new 3D one. It's pretty good. But don't pay them for Castlevania HD. It's a cheap attempt on their part to scam you out of money for what amounts to nothing more than pre-existing content hastily thrown together.   Well, I suppose the layout of the levels is different, but all the characters, enemies, and environment designs are taken directly from other games. 
    Did you play the game at all before typing that message? I love the game and would buy a ps3 release and all it's dlc day one.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By CptBedlam

@MooseyMcMan said:

Go download a Castlevania game that doesn't suck, like SoTN. Or play the new 3D one. It's pretty good. But don't pay them for Castlevania HD. It's a cheap attempt on their part to scam you out of money for what amounts to nothing more than pre-existing content hastily thrown together. Well, I suppose the layout of the levels is different, but all the characters, enemies, and environment designs are taken directly from other games.

Exactly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.