Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 25, 2014

Play as the vampire lord Dracula and wreak vengeance against your enemies in this continuation to the Lords of Shadow reboot of the Castlevania franchise.

LoS 2 Demo

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Anyone else play this yet? Well as of now you could only be playing it if you bought MoF HD. It is pretty much the E3 demo, but man this game feels great to me. Looks great, which I expected since the first LoS game looked really good. The combat feels way more fluid and a bit faster maybe? Hard to say though cause I haven't played the first one in a while. Platforming felt a bit better as well.

Overall the game feels and looks a lot better as a whole, really excited for this game. The trailer after the demo had me getting a bit hype as well.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@sanious: I don't have the HD pack but I'd be interested to try it when it becomes more widely available. Do you have elemental powers now? The trailers make it look like each if his weapons has a certain elemental characteristic like a fire whip or the ice sword.

Maybe post some screens if you can.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The HD pack is out already? Man I gotta get on that... Really looking forward to LoS2.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@sanious: I don't have the HD pack but I'd be interested to try it when it becomes more widely available. Do you have elemental powers now? The trailers make it look like each if his weapons has a certain elemental characteristic like a fire whip or the ice sword.

Maybe post some screens if you can.

@esrever said:

The HD pack is out already? Man I gotta get on that... Really looking forward to LoS2.

Mirrors of Fate HD was released early, not the Lords of Shadow collection. For Xbox the digital only version of it was released yesterday, the psn version comes out next Wednesday because they only update on Wednesdays.

@humanity Well, both of those are what is the light and dark magic power now. Instead of just having the whip, when switching to light power it is the sword and when you hit people with it, it heals you, like the first game. Dark power is the same in where it is powerful, but the weapon is a gauntlet. The whip in the demo at least didn't have a different elemental thing to it, it just looked different because he is Dracula now. I am sure you're going to unlock combat abilities for the sword and gauntlet as well as whip, so clearly the combat will have a lot more potential and variety than the first one.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@sanious said:

Anyone else play this yet? Well as of now you could only be playing it if you bought MoF HD. It is pretty much the E3 demo, but man this game feels great to me. Looks great, which I expected since the first LoS game looked really good. The combat feels way more fluid and a bit faster maybe? Hard to say though cause I haven't played the first one in a while. Platforming felt a bit better as well.

Overall the game feels and looks a lot better as a whole, really excited for this game. The trailer after the demo had me getting a bit hype as well.

I had just finished Mirror of Fate HD, which I ended up really liking. Reminded me of the unique atmosphere that Lords of Shadow was able invoke.

And yes, this demo felt excellent. Combat was solid, but I was incredibly impressed by the presentation. The first had some bad frame rate problems and this one was very fluid (with a bunch of crazy shit happening on screen). Looks like they're going all out. This could be as impressive as God of War II was, with a developer completely maxing out current systems while the next-gen is just getting started.

This just jumped to the top of my list for upcoming 2014 games. I can see that they're on the right track with the technical aspects, but it's the story that I'm mostly intrigued by. Just seeing Gabriel evolve has been expertly put together. Mirror of Fate was just a sneak peak of this new persona.

On a side note, I like how the light/dark magic is tied to a weapon since it'll make the combat even more tactical. The only unknown for me is how the new exploration aspects will be handled.

zzzellyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did anyone else have an issue where the climbing section broke on the Titan? Dude shows up and starts shooting arrows, but neither the controller nor my keyboard could climb in a straight line. I could only go diagonally and only in one direction so I eventually wound up stuck against the edge. I could keep dodging arrows, but it was impossible to actually get up so the game kept focusing the camera saying 'hey, go up here' and I fucking couldn't. That also sadly tells me that this game will continue the seriously annoying trend of spending 5-10 seconds going HEY DO THIS THING.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Nubster

@weaponboy: I didn't have that issue, but I did notice the game likes to point stuff out a lot to you. it's a shame, because their design is very natural-looking while still letting you know where you need to go and what you need to do, so the extended tutorial cutscenes aren't even really needed.

I think this convinced me to pick the game up. I didn't care much for what I played of the first game, but the visuals are pretty amazing in this game and the combat feels much more fluid and focused. It seems it's less about God of War-style sweeping attacks against 15+ enemies at a time and now about tighter, focused battles against 2-5 enemies at once. The moving platforming was a neat touch, as well, and navigating around and through the gears was a cool touch. I hope the rest of the game holds up, but I'll probably nab this when it releases and if the reviews are good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.