Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 25, 2014

Play as the vampire lord Dracula and wreak vengeance against your enemies in this continuation to the Lords of Shadow reboot of the Castlevania franchise.

Who's picking up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2?

• 111 results
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I've been playing LoS2 nearly all day and I am way more than satisfied with this game. Its pretty fantastic so far. I think I'm only bout 40% through the main story.

Everything about it feels great, looks great, sounds great. Terrific package all around!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Castlevania of War May Cry?

Feels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Feels

@esrever said:

I've been playing LoS2 nearly all day and I am way more than satisfied with this game. Its pretty fantastic so far. I think I'm only bout 40% through the main story.

Everything about it feels great, looks great, sounds great. Terrific package all around!

Yeah, you know what? I'm 5 hours in and deeply enjoying my time with the game. It's a completely different beast than the first, but it all comes together for me in a messy sort of way. I dig it. And furthermore, I've actually enjoyed playing in the modern city. Certainly not as much as the segments taking place in the past, but I'm not quite seeing what the negative fuss is all about it. Not yet anyway.

Had unbelievably high hopes for LoS2 and while it hasn't blown me away quite yet, it hasn't disappointed either. It's slowly creeping up on me I guess. Gonna have to see how it all wraps up, but I'm pleased with it as of right now.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Nearly done the first one and I'll need at least a year off to forget how angry I wad at the camera sometimes

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Stats screen says I'm 64% complete with the game (collectibles and exploration and what not), and I think I'm about 70%-80% through the story. Having played the majority of the Castlevania 2 now I can't understand what the reviews were complaining about. I also can't understand how a stealth section in this game took someone five hours to complete. They're pretty easy. Far easier than I would have thought going in.

Ultimately, CV2 is essentially a more robust, greatly expanded upon Lords of Shadow. I don't think that's a bad thing at all considering how much I loved the first game.

Also, the city is pretty tight. I really dig the neo-gothic aesthetic. It definitely feels modern, but it's also got an otherworldly atmosphere. I think mercurysteam have outdone themselves this time.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be picking it up eventually. I just need to clear my backlog first and acquire the ultimate edition of LoS 1 and continue where I left off.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I'm 9 hours in. And I got it yesterday. And I'm a working man, and I have a girlfriend and I don't usually spend lots of time on games nowadays. This pretty much points out how fun Lords of Shadow 2 is. It is totally a slowburn, though, and started losing a bit of interest when chasing for the antidote. Right after that, my interest sky-rocketed again. I really like the journey so far, and the story is FAR from being an absurd mess like IGN made it sound, saying it was a rejection of Capcom's worst Resident Evil ideas.

I love the combat, the INCREDIBLE soundtrack, I love the super-slick UI, the boss fights and the traversal/platforming. Not a fan of the over-the-shoulder view, though, but luckily, it adjusts itself in combat.

Feels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, beat the game. Maybe sometime soon I'll write up my full impressions, but for now I'll keep it short:

Despite the reviews, the recent news about the troubled development and general dislike for the series, I had a blast with the game. To be blunt, it's not as good as the first nor as cohesive. It's a fine sequel nonetheless, with unfortunate missteps in pacing and narrative. To quickly touch upon that, I think removing stealth (which played fine by the way and didn't happen to frustrate) would have improved the pacing. As for the plot, I enjoyed the story LoS2 told despite it being all over the place, but felt rather disappointed and unsatisfied with how it ended. Perhaps I just wanted more finality. I definitely wanted a better last boss encounter in terms of difficulty, design and variety. That the last encounter was still fun to play through is a testament to the improved combat system. I'd recommend the game and I'm most likely going back for seconds with New Game +.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

After UPF I can't keep ignoring this game. "Spell of confusion" had me laughing so hard I immediately bought the first game from what will probably end up being a shady Steam key reseller, played 3 hours of it immediately and am going to probably be enjoying my insomnia through this game for the next 6 hours before classes start. I've enjoyed Castlevania off and on throughout the years. Definitely helps that I love, looooooooooove the aesthetic here. Warrior-priests are probably one of the coolest concepts in fantasy, and warrior-priest turned greatest evil is MEGA cliche but still really fun.

This game is definitely mad dumb, but in a great way. Minus the camera sometimes - that can go eat a dick. Awesome to hear that a lot of the mechanical goofs are cleaned up for LoS2.

Edit: Well, this Chapter 2 boss fight is making me reconsider everything positive anyone's ever said about this thing. Just wow. The first titan was all right I guess, but this is terrible.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

After UPF I can't keep ignoring this game. "Spell of confusion" had me laughing so hard I immediately bought the first game from what will probably end up being a shady Steam key reseller, played 3 hours of it immediately and am going to probably be enjoying my insomnia through this game for the next 6 hours before classes start. I've enjoyed Castlevania off and on throughout the years. Definitely helps that I love, looooooooooove the aesthetic here. Warrior-priests are probably one of the coolest concepts in fantasy, and warrior-priest turned greatest evil is MEGA cliche but still really fun.

This game is definitely mad dumb, but in a great way. Minus the camera sometimes - that can go eat a dick. Awesome to hear that a lot of the mechanical goofs are cleaned up for LoS2.

Edit: Well, this Chapter 2 boss fight is making me reconsider everything positive anyone's ever said about this thing. Just wow. The first titan was all right I guess, but this is terrible.

Yup, I liked Lords of Shadow on the whole but definitely always hated that second titan fight, just really horrendous design.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#111  Edited By Humanity

@meatball said:

@siroptimusprime said:

Yup, I liked Lords of Shadow on the whole but definitely always hated that second titan fight, just really horrendous design.

One thing the second game does a lot better is getting rid of those awful "get 4 of X to open Y" objectives. There is literally only one of those segments for the main objective. I really loved some of the later levels in the original Lords of Shadow but they quickly outstayed their welcome by forcing you to repeat the same action numerous times - in retrospect I'll take the wonky stealth sections over collecting 3 cranks, 3 shards, 3 jewels, 3 keys.. any day.

Feels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Feels

@meatball said:

@siroptimusprime said:

I dunno, first time playing around it was more of an impatience thing but they really are quite easy. In retrospect, the first two titans are designed just fine and are super easy. I have gripes with the third, which is more of the same but the fact that you can fall off when jumping in-between certain ridges even when it's not shaking and you aren't prompted to hold on was annoying. I feel like that was bad design.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.