Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate is a long ass name!

#1 Posted by RichieJohn (527 posts) -

I've been calling it CasLosMof! Anyone want to join me?

#2 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1803 posts) -

I just like that they used "something of something" in the title twice. Sounds really dumb. Then again I thought the same thing about "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and that turned out to be legitimately great.

#3 Posted by MikkaQ (10329 posts) -

Was the original Lords of Shadow so successful that it was worth keeping the subtitle? Cause this is basically the dumbest title for a game I've seen in a while.

Still, yeah I'm with you, OP. CasLosMof is a great way to put it.

#4 Posted by RichieJohn (527 posts) -

@MikkaQ: The quote from Konami is always 'the best selling Castlevania ever' I've got no idea how true that is.

I've not finished LOS but I'm loving it so far. Excited to play the next ones.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -
@MikkaQ

Was the original Lords of Shadow so successful that it was worth keeping the subtitle? Cause this is basically the dumbest title for a game I've seen in a while.

Still, yeah I'm with you, OP. CasLosMof is a great way to put it.

Lords of Shadow is its own thing now. They use the subtitle to distinguish this universe from the older universe.
#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

I should play Lords of Shadow. May be up my alley.

#7 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

I wish the LOS DLC would go on sale, I want to check it out.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

There may be longer.

#9 Posted by Abendlaender (2865 posts) -

Castle of Vania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate

#10 Posted by Morningstar (2225 posts) -

@RichieJohn said:

I've been calling it CasLosMof! Anyone want to join me?

I'm in.

#11 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4866 posts) -

@RichieJohn said:

@MikkaQ: The quote from Konami is always 'the best selling Castlevania ever' I've got no idea how true that is.

I've not finished LOS but I'm loving it so far. Excited to play the next ones.

It is true when you consider before LoS the highest selling Castlevania title was, I believe, Dracula's Curse? One of them cracked a million units sold and that's the most Castlevania had ever done until Lords of Shadow.

Which did somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1.5-2.5 million lifetime sales.

#12 Edited by believer258 (12081 posts) -
#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#14 Edited by EarthBowl (164 posts) -

I like calling it Mirror of Fate. Using the last segment of the title to associate it quickly and effectively when conversing about the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.