Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fates of the descendents of Gabriel Belmont are revealed in this 2D platforming follow-up to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Game isn't half bad

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering if anyone else decided to give this a rental or buy it? I'm almost finished with the game and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. After playing the demo, it seemed very...weird and unpolished. After playing a couple of hours, I finally understood what they were going for and didn't do too bad. Definitely not a game I would want to own, but nevertheless, it has been a fun few hours. What did you all think?

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By egg

I was pretty impressed with the demo. Out of all the 3DS demos I played the two I liked the most so far were Mirror of Fate and Theatrhythm.

With the demo I got the impression that they were trying to merge the GBA/DS formula with Lords of Shadow. And dang well succeeded. The only thing I found lacking was the music.

I was intrigued by the premise of being able to play as 3 different heroes. It's like "Castlevania Series in a Box". Even better in a way since each character goes through the same castle so there is even greater sense of continuity and intrigue. But this may just be speculation and wishful thinking so I will stop typing now..

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

I have played it and finished it. There is a bunch to like about it, but it does have problems, especially with the frame rate. It has beautiful music some cool cutscenes and some pretty great set pieces (even if they are glorified quick time events) I couldn't understand the IGN review that made it out to be some kind of crime against humanity as I had fun with it for the ten or so hours it took to finish.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, the frame rate is terrible and the 3D (albeit looks nice) makes it chug even more. The music and sound was great, but if I had the game at full volume, it sounded like it was blowing my speakers up. Loved the story and the twist and watched the secret ending on YouTube (only got 85% completion in a 7 hour playthrough) and thought it was a useless ending. Can't wait to see LoS 2 later this year!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.