Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

In this reboot of the beloved Castlevania franchise, Gabriel Belmont goes on a quest to defeat the sinister Lords of Shadow, who are preventing the souls of the departed from passing on to the afterlife, in order to obtain from them a magical mask that will bring his murdered wife Marie back from the dead.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - But enough talk, have at you!

bluerei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By bluerei

The latest in the Castlevania series, Lords of Shadow was announced at Konami's press conference at E3 which came as quite a surprise in many ways. The rumor of this first came when the title of Lords of Shadow came up during a conference at TGS, which many believed to be tied to a new Castlevania. Then at E3 is was confirmed. The big shocker was learning that the 'Mask' teaser on Kojima Production's website was in fact, the new Castlevania project and that Kojima Productions would be at the helm of this project with production by Mercurystream.

The trailer surprisingly started out with narration provided by Captain Jean Patrick-Luc Stewart Picard of the USS X-Menterprise, followed by Scottish actor Robert Carlyle, who you may remember as the zombie/father in '28 Weeks Later' playing the hero, Gabriel (Belmont perhaps?). Also casted is Jason Issacs who played the sinister Lucious Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies, and Natasha McElhone (Ronin, The Truman Show). So far, so good. Hopefully you have all seen the trailer. If not, check it out here.

The trailer gives some insight to the story of Lords of Shadow – Gabriel, seeks revenge and retribution against the evils of the land that killed his wife Marie, by gaining the power of the Lords of Shadow to purge the land of evil and seek a powerful device only known as 'The Mask' that may possibly bring his dead wife back to life.

Personally would love to have a true sequel to Symphony of The Night and the Castlevania series to me has and should always be that 2D, action game we've all ben enjoying since the times of Simon back in '87, but if Konami insisted on creating one in 3D, the Lords of Shadow trailer showed me that they got it right this time. Lords of Shadow displayed a spectacular cast of my favorite actors, fantastic cinematic music and an intriguing story set in one of the most fascinating world in all of video games. This looks very promising and I can't wait to see more. A Castlevania with proper storytelling and without the "Tribute?! You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" cheesy acting? (Yes, I can repeat the entire dialogue word for word.) it gives me chills.

My hopes for this game? I hope it plays more like Devil May Cry than God of War. I also would love to see the musical themes of the series done properly and implemented into the game with the same treatment as the music shown in the trailer. Keep a few of the iconic foes. I just hope they keep the feel of Castlevania, while trying to make this their own that pushes the brand, drives the story and makes me feel for the characters involved which would be a HUGE step in the world of Castlevania. Emotional connection to the characters. After that, a sequel to SoTN would suffice.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will be reborn sometime in 2010 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

bluerei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bluerei

The latest in the Castlevania series, Lords of Shadow was announced at Konami's press conference at E3 which came as quite a surprise in many ways. The rumor of this first came when the title of Lords of Shadow came up during a conference at TGS, which many believed to be tied to a new Castlevania. Then at E3 is was confirmed. The big shocker was learning that the 'Mask' teaser on Kojima Production's website was in fact, the new Castlevania project and that Kojima Productions would be at the helm of this project with production by Mercurystream.

The trailer surprisingly started out with narration provided by Captain Jean Patrick-Luc Stewart Picard of the USS X-Menterprise, followed by Scottish actor Robert Carlyle, who you may remember as the zombie/father in '28 Weeks Later' playing the hero, Gabriel (Belmont perhaps?). Also casted is Jason Issacs who played the sinister Lucious Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies, and Natasha McElhone (Ronin, The Truman Show). So far, so good. Hopefully you have all seen the trailer. If not, check it out here.

The trailer gives some insight to the story of Lords of Shadow – Gabriel, seeks revenge and retribution against the evils of the land that killed his wife Marie, by gaining the power of the Lords of Shadow to purge the land of evil and seek a powerful device only known as 'The Mask' that may possibly bring his dead wife back to life.

Personally would love to have a true sequel to Symphony of The Night and the Castlevania series to me has and should always be that 2D, action game we've all ben enjoying since the times of Simon back in '87, but if Konami insisted on creating one in 3D, the Lords of Shadow trailer showed me that they got it right this time. Lords of Shadow displayed a spectacular cast of my favorite actors, fantastic cinematic music and an intriguing story set in one of the most fascinating world in all of video games. This looks very promising and I can't wait to see more. A Castlevania with proper storytelling and without the "Tribute?! You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!" cheesy acting? (Yes, I can repeat the entire dialogue word for word.) it gives me chills.

My hopes for this game? I hope it plays more like Devil May Cry than God of War. I also would love to see the musical themes of the series done properly and implemented into the game with the same treatment as the music shown in the trailer. Keep a few of the iconic foes. I just hope they keep the feel of Castlevania, while trying to make this their own that pushes the brand, drives the story and makes me feel for the characters involved which would be a HUGE step in the world of Castlevania. Emotional connection to the characters. After that, a sequel to SoTN would suffice.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow will be reborn sometime in 2010 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.