Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow DLC Dated

• 57 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

It’s been a long time since our last news bit on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and its impending DLC releases, so here’s a refresher. Back in 2010, Konami promised that two additional content packs would hit the game in 2011. “Reverie,” the first pack, will have you returning to the game’s world as Gabriel in an attempt to aid a vampire handmaiden named Laura. The other pack, “Resurrection,” perhaps the bigger and more meaningful of the two, takes place following the events of the original game and features a “showdown with a very notorious enemy.” The latter pack still hasn’t been dated, but the former? Oh, it’s got a date: March 30, 2011 in Europe and “near that date” (via Joystiq) elsewhere.  

The cost is familiar. Reverie will debut at 800 MSP on Xbox Live and for $10 on the PSN Store. What’s unusual is its connection to the next DLC. According to Konami, this DLC will “segue into the next DLC pack’s stunning conclusion...” That means you don’t want to miss it, right? 

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow hit the Xbox 360 and PS3 back in October 2010. Here’s ye olde Quick Look in case you’re wondering what the game is all about:        

#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

It’s been a long time since our last news bit on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and its impending DLC releases, so here’s a refresher. Back in 2010, Konami promised that two additional content packs would hit the game in 2011. “Reverie,” the first pack, will have you returning to the game’s world as Gabriel in an attempt to aid a vampire handmaiden named Laura. The other pack, “Resurrection,” perhaps the bigger and more meaningful of the two, takes place following the events of the original game and features a “showdown with a very notorious enemy.” The latter pack still hasn’t been dated, but the former? Oh, it’s got a date: March 30, 2011 in Europe and “near that date” (via Joystiq) elsewhere.  

The cost is familiar. Reverie will debut at 800 MSP on Xbox Live and for $10 on the PSN Store. What’s unusual is its connection to the next DLC. According to Konami, this DLC will “segue into the next DLC pack’s stunning conclusion...” That means you don’t want to miss it, right? 

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow hit the Xbox 360 and PS3 back in October 2010. Here’s ye olde Quick Look in case you’re wondering what the game is all about:        

#2 Posted by jackdawkins (10 posts) -

could be cool

#3 Posted by limey0 (11 posts) -

nope

#4 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Haters gonna hate. I liked Lords of Shadow!

Can't wait for the DLC!

#5 Posted by limey0 (11 posts) -

then yes!

#6 Posted by MisterMouse (3531 posts) -

wow didnt know they were going to support this with DLC.

#7 Posted by JackSukeru (5819 posts) -

I've been wondering what happened to this, thought it was set to come out in January at first, nice to see that it's on track. 

I liked Lords of Shadow enough that I'll probably get both of those, at least that's my gut reaction. Still need to see what they'll actually do in terms of gameplay.

#8 Posted by Zoombini (64 posts) -

Too late Konami, I traded this game in like 2 weeks ago. I have no complains against Lords of Shadow, in fact I rather enjoyed it. But by this point I am gonna wait for all its dlc to be out before I consider reacquiring it.

#9 Posted by ESREVER (2580 posts) -

Nice, Lords of Shadow was awesome. 
Just add it to my tab, PSN. I'm spending so much money on you this months its not even funny. 

#10 Posted by isles (232 posts) -

isn't it a bit too soon for dlc for this?

#11 Posted by Bwast (1334 posts) -
@isles said:
" isn't it a bit too soon for dlc for this? "
Too soon? It came out Oct. 5th last year.
#12 Posted by shinluis (426 posts) -

I'm a hater --  well, more like a very disappointed dude. 
I was hoping the DLC would do something like "now you can move the camera!!!" but no. Again, disappointed. 

Also I would pay 10 bucks to be able move my Castlevania camera with the right analog stick.

#13 Posted by isles (232 posts) -
@Bwast said:
" @isles said:
" isn't it a bit too soon for dlc for this? "
Too soon? It came out Oct. 5th last year. "

wow.
#14 Posted by Sammo21 (3039 posts) -

Didn't like the main game, so I doubt the DLC is going to change my mind.  Interview with the vampire can be wasted on someone else.

#15 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Loved the game.  Gonna be picking up both DLC packs eventually.

#16 Edited by JackSukeru (5819 posts) -

Here is my guess on how this first DLC will segue into the next DLC as well as how it's connected with the ending of the game itself: 

Either way I'm really interested to see where they'll take it from here. And I hope a sequel will let them adress a few of the complaints I had with the first game, so long as they recognize them as actual issues, which I'm not convinced of.
#17 Edited by Eujin (1294 posts) -

While I'm greatly anticipating this, I want the Resurrection DLC with the force of 1000 suns. 

Edit: Fixing my inability to spell.

#18 Posted by oysteinBrenne (284 posts) -

after 5 min with the demo i almost did  fall asleep

#19 Posted by Tomeh (66 posts) -

I'm really pumped for this DLC, really enjoyed Castlevania: LoS.

#20 Posted by Zaapp1 (654 posts) -

There goes my S rank...

#21 Posted by Scodiac (450 posts) -

I heard a bunch of negative stuff about this game around release. Yet, the more I hear from the people that liked it the more I wanna buy it. I like lengthy games so that helps.

#22 Posted by lordgodalming (158 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree: " Haters gonna hate. I liked Lords of Shadow! " 

Seconded.
#23 Posted by spiralsin (156 posts) -

One of my favorite games last year. Looking forward to these.

#24 Posted by yyZiggurat (991 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" Haters gonna hate. I liked Lords of Shadow!  Can't wait for the DLC! "
Hey, same here.  It wasn't a great game but not a bad one either.
#25 Posted by lovecreep (166 posts) -

yes! i have been waiting for more news on this for awhile!
#26 Posted by Xealot42 (263 posts) -

I enjoyed Lords of Shadow.  I'll probably pick up this DLC.    

#27 Posted by Neoimperialist (7 posts) -

I actually bought the thing and quit halfway through because of that forced camera perspective BS.  Never again.

#28 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -

Hell, I don't even know if I want to finish the base game itself.  It's so goddamn boring and un-Castlevania in the beginning that I just don't feel like dragging my sorry ass through all of it to get to the parts that are supposedly awesome.  I mean, seriously...what the FUCK is a druidic type doing in my Castlevania game?! 

Plus...the story totally wreaks of Kojima.  I fucking hate Kojima.

#29 Posted by StarvingGamer (7582 posts) -

I should finish this game.

#30 Posted by Spiritof (1988 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
" I should finish this game. "
I should buy this game.
#31 Posted by UsbCable (234 posts) -

I wasn't a fan of the game at first but after beating the first main boss the game picked up for me. Some of the things they do in this game is flapping crazy.

#32 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

Oh look fuckin spammers excellent.

#33 Posted by Chaos_Bladez (140 posts) -

I bought it for $20 new a couple months ago and haven't gotten to play much yet. :(
I just got too many games but I really want to get back to this and get the DLC

#34 Edited by CptBedlam (4441 posts) -

I loved the game and I'll sure get this. It felt way more Castlevania-ish than the last few DS additions to the series (too much Anime in my Castlevania).

It's kinda hilarious how many people on GB hate the game ... it's of course - like many other times - mostly because the crew didn't like it and crapped on it in the QL. Just sad how many users are up the crew's *ss.

To the people who are on the fence about the game: Buy it (it's cheap now) and don't let the first 3 levels fool you - this game is pure Castlevania after that.

#35 Edited by CptBedlam (4441 posts) -
@Clenchmask: Looking at your achievements you idiot played about 5 mins of the game so stop calling people who liked the game mentally retarded. Claiming that sh*t just makes you look mentally ill.
#36 Posted by xXwindoverXx (290 posts) -
@CptBedlam said:
" @Clenchmask: Looking at your achievements you idiot played about 5 mins of the game so stop calling people who liked the game mentally retarded. Claiming that sh*t just makes you look mentally ill. "
hahahhahahah get destroyed!
#37 Posted by steevl (184 posts) -

It really is a shame that the game starts off kind of slow. I can understand why people don't give it a chance. It really does pick up about 2 chapters in,. I liked the game a lot and am looking forward to the DLC.

#38 Edited by AstroCow (73 posts) -

Most disappointing title I've played since K&L 2. Traded it in after 2 hours of gameplay.

#39 Posted by MindChamber (332 posts) -
@steevl:  

I agree.  that game is 20 hours long. 

2 hours in, is just scratching the surface.
#40 Posted by EgoCheck616 (782 posts) -

Can't wait for this to come out. Been sitting on my copy since I beat it a few weeks after launch.
Will probably play through it again on the harder difficulty setting.

#41 Posted by CptBedlam (4441 posts) -
@AstroCow: Then you haven't seen the game. The first 3 chapters are kinda lame, after that it picks up and feels really like Castlevania - even more so than the last few DS titles.
#42 Posted by soupbones (258 posts) -

One of my favs last year - tho i'll have to re-buy it for the DLC.

#43 Posted by Sin4profit (2873 posts) -
@Clenchmask said:
"This game was about as interesting as sex with an ex-girlfriend, yeah it's alright in the heat of the moment, but it is never good. "
wait, what? ex-girlfriend sex is the best! you either get the "see what your missing" performance or you don't give a shit that yer knee is holding down her hair and do whatever ya want...this comparison seems factually inaccurate to me.
#44 Posted by Clenchmask (62 posts) -
@CptBedlam: Own it still, want it? Be happy to mail it to you. Played through it on my friends 360, presume much? Ass.
#45 Posted by HighPriest (88 posts) -

Lords of Shadow is a decent game, but not impressive enough to really want to go back to it.

#46 Posted by Maluvin (259 posts) -
@Sin4profit: I gotta agree with you.  One of those things where it's extra good because it's extra wrong lol...
#47 Posted by AstroCow (73 posts) -
@CptBedlam: I think it was a combo of things that I couldn't get past. The lack of camera control and god awful graphics (PS3). 
#48 Edited by CptBedlam (4441 posts) -
@AstroCow: The graphics of the game are awesome and in many places even surpass God of War 3. Unfortunately you'd only know that if you played beyond the first two levels.
#49 Posted by AstroCow (73 posts) -
@CptBedlam: I completely and wholeheartedly disagree. But to each his own.
#50 Edited by CptBedlam (4441 posts) -
@AstroCow: You barely played the game so you are not in a position to judge. This game looks gorgeous. Period.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.