Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

In this reboot of the beloved Castlevania franchise, Gabriel Belmont goes on a quest to defeat the sinister Lords of Shadow, who are preventing the souls of the departed from passing on to the afterlife, in order to obtain from them a magical mask that will bring his murdered wife Marie back from the dead.

Giantbomb needs to do a quick look on castlevania los asap...

delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By delusionaltool

Giant bomb i would love for you guys too do a quick look of this...PLEASSSSSSSSE!!!! ....Thank you that is all!!!

p.s. make sure you play the ps3 version as there is no frame rate / slow down issues that are plaguing the 360 version....

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

I'm sure we'll get one eventually. 

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By papuccino1

Yeah I just came to this site to check if they had a review up for it. Gamespot is giving it a 7.5 but I trust them as much as I trust the drug dealer from the corner.

garc4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By garc4475

eww no , go play some real castlevania not this devil make us wanna cry  clone
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

I would like to see some of this bad puzzle/platforming I keep hearing about, all the trailers and shit show is the fighting (which looks fine I guess) but if everyone's deducting shit because of these other elements, someone should bother to show them.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CptBedlam
    @delusionaltool said:

"play the ps3 version as there is no frame rate / slow down issues that are plaguing the 360 version.... "

According to the devs these issues are not present in the final version.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64
    @delusionaltool said:
    " Giant bomb i would love for you guys too do a quick look of this...PLEASSSSSSSSE!!!! ....Thank you that is all!!!  p.s. make sure you play the ps3 version as there is no frame rate / slow down issues that are plaguing the 360 version.... "
    From what I've read, the frame rate issue is only with the review copy of the game and not the retail version.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#8  Edited By Jazz

Whats the point? People have already made their minds up based upon absolutely no personal experience. It'll be like LP2 all over again. Fuck that..just download the EU demo and make your own mind up about it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwho
    @Jazz said:
    " Whats the point? People have already made their minds up based upon absolutely no personal experience. It'll be like LP2 all over again. Fuck that..just download the EU demo and make your own mind up about it. "
    So no quick look because people made up their mind (not sure how that's relevant, QL's aren't marketing tools or reviews), then they play a demo and make up their own mind? Did you just have a stroke?
    garc4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By garc4475

Its jerico hack n slash with stickers of kojima and castlevania all over it ,this is a gamethat is best forgotten. And  i'm so gladits getting negative reviews and no coverage i hope it sells like shit.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jazz
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Jazz said:
    " Whats the point? People have already made their minds up based upon absolutely no personal experience. It'll be like LP2 all over again. Fuck that..just download the EU demo and make your own mind up about it. "
    So no quick look because people made up their mind (not sure how that's relevant, QL's aren't marketing tools or reviews), then they play a demo and make up their own mind? Did you just have a stroke? "
    You honestly think people don't treat QLs as either marketing tools or if not reviews, previews which people base their preconceptions upon? Have you had a stroke? Thats all they are. 
     Read the post below yours...people have already made up their minds. It's not another SOTN therefore it's a piece of shit...playing a demo yourself which is already available is preferable to having one of GB either praise or shit all over a game. It may seem harsh, but I am sick to death of people shitting on this game based upon absolutely no hands on experience. Your point about the exploration system is valid, as it's not in the demo..but everything else certainly is and it works very well.  If you're saying hands on experience is comparable to watching someone else play it then I'd seriously disagree with you. 

@garc4475 said:
    " Its jerico hack n slash with stickers of kojima and castlevania all over it ,this is a gamethat is best forgotten. And  i'm so gladits getting negative reviews and no coverage i hope it sells like shit. "
    Yeah all those 90+ reviews must really be getting the team down.  
    Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Lautaro
     I think it looks pretty sweet, the demo was pretty cool also.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Oldirtybearon

It was a tough choice between Dead Rising 2 and this for Tuesday's purchase. Then the quick look and everyone confirming that Dead Rising is still shit cinched it for Castlevania. 

So uh, yeah, bring on more Castlevania coverage.

delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By delusionaltool

Well honestly, what can you do to make castlevania 3d and not end up copying god of war, devil may cry, shadow of collosus or any of those... honestly its a game where you kill stuff level up and find stuff...and have a story...

to put those in 3d and have it be realistic and dark this is the path that would be taken... if you played darksiders its also a copy of god of war - legend of zelda and other games but damn if it wasn't a blast to play, it was always fun and had a wicked good story for what it was... 

the ign review is terrible , first he is a bias castlevania fan boy, which is ok however it effects the review, he says its a blast to play but it doesnt feel like castlevania... So does that mean if it wasn't called castlevania it would get a higher score?

Well its 3d now its a fresh coat of paint on a next gen castlevania a reboot so to speak, its not supposed to be like the old 2d games... 

their are alot of positive reviews - the gamespot/ign 7.5 lower reviews ( i guess they didnt get paid enough to give it a higher review)  however its 89 percent on metacritic at the moment.... alot of good positive reviews out there... you either are gonna love it or hate it....people who are castlevania fanatics are gonna bitch and moan since its not EXACTLY like their castlevanias they are used too, god forbid if their is one change everyone FREAKS OUT....

im all about a game that 8 hours in you haven't even scratched the story , its not gonna be a short 6-8 hour game you can rush through.... and if the game has a great story im all about it!

i honestly am very excited for this game, i knew from the trailers and all the announcement's it was not gonna be your typical castlevania game...  it looks like a clone of other games, so what if its fun and it puts a smile on my face then im all about it....

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By JJOR64
    @delusionaltool:   David Cox, the dude behind this game, thought the IGN review was crap as well so you aren't the only one you thought the review is terrible.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Raymayne
    @garc4475 said:
    " eww no , go play some real castlevania not this devil make us wanna cry  clone "
    gtfo. OT: Yeah I hope there is a ql.
    delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By delusionaltool

WOW  , he sums it up perfectly and that is what i am talking about...this is why i prefer reviews from giant bomb, or the smaller sites cause their not forced to write negative crap if the company does not pay them and lie and make things positive and raise the score if they are paid....a review should be about opinion if the game sucks then the game sucks, like gerstmans fiasco with kane and lynch and gamespot  it shows how bad the big sites have gotten....

http://www.giantbomb.com/castlevania-lords-of-shadow/61-23704/reviewing-a-game-for-what-it-isnt-rather-than-what-it-is/35-453774/#64
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

It'll happen, they can only do so much haha 
    Look at all the new QL's we have gotten these past 2 days. 
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By ProfessorEss

Yeah I'd love to see a quick look of this one too.

delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By delusionaltool
    @Bloodgraiv3:  i know hahah, im just at work and would love it to pass the time!!!!! - highly excited for this game looks freaking awsome.... a god of war / dmc / shadow of colossus with castlevania flavor and story with no high fructose corn syrup!!!!
    Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Inresurrection
    @garc4475 said:
    " Its jerico hack n slash with stickers of kojima and castlevania all over it ,this is a gamethat is best forgotten. And  i'm so gladits getting negative reviews and no coverage i hope it sells like shit. "
    How mature of you. Mercurysteam put their hearts and souls into this game. It's getting excellent reviews from a ton of different media outlets - the worst its gotten is a 7.5. Grow up, man. You have no idea what you're even talking about. Jericho Hack 'n' Slash? What the hell?
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    Here's the thing. 

Castlevania existed before Symphony of the Night, and there is a key difference in the fanbase. There are those of us who were there, boots on the ground, for the beginning. Then there are those who showed up around SotN and didn't know any better. 

The Metroidvania games aren't bad, per se, but they aren't real Castlevania games to me. They always felt like Metroid mods. The thing is, IGA has had a terrible iron grip on the franchise since SotN, and now that his style of gameplay is passe and quite frankly considered dull, he has slowly but surely been phased out of the Castlevania franchise. Good. Let Mercurysteam have a crack at it, and if they can make this game as good or better than Lament of Innocence (the first true Castlevania game since Super IV/Bloodlines, in my opinion), then I'll be throwing up celebratory horns.  

So uh, yeah. If you like the Metroidvania games, just keep buying IGA's rehashes for the handhelds.  

As a side note: It's About Goddamn Time that Castlevania centered around a Belmont again. Seriously, guys, nobody kicks it like a Belmont kicks it.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ryanwho
    @KingWilly said:
    " Here's the thing.  Castlevania existed before Symphony of the Night, and there is a key difference in the fanbase. There are those of us who were there, boots on the ground, for the beginning. Then there are those who showed up around SotN and didn't know any better.  The Metroidvania games aren't bad, per se, but they aren't real Castlevania games to me. They always felt like Metroid mods. The thing is, IGA has had a terrible iron grip on the franchise since SotN, and now that his style of gameplay is passe and quite frankly considered dull, he has slowly but surely been phased out of the Castlevania franchise. Good. Let Mercurysteam have a crack at it, and if they can make this game as good or better than Lament of Innocence (the first true Castlevania game since Super IV/Bloodlines, in my opinion), then I'll be throwing up celebratory horns.   So uh, yeah. If you like the Metroidvania games, just keep buying IGA's rehashes for the handhelds.   As a side note: It's About Goddamn Time that Castlevania centered around a Belmont again. Seriously, guys, nobody kicks it like a Belmont kicks it. "
    What does the original game that played like dozens of other NES games have to do with this reboot that plays like a dozen other GOW clones? You pine for the days when Castlevania lacked an identity of its own? okay retard.
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @ryanwho: I pine for the days when Castlevania was fun. It's selfish and subjective, I know, but the NES and SNES/Genesis versions of Castlevania represented what was the most fun about the series to me. If that makes me retarded, fantastic. I'll gladly display my retard-itude while I'm enjoying the piss out of gameplay and style that interests me.  

And whether or not this Castlevania title plays like a dozen others, that's still a dozen other games I haven't played. Whether you like it or not (I'm thinking not), I'm going to have fun.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Enigma777
    @garc4475 said:
    " eww no , go play some real castlevania not this devil make us wanna cry  clone "
    Cause Harmony of Dispair turned out so well, right? 

I'll take what I can get! 

Hopefully Konami wakes up and smells the coffee before it's too late and gives us a true HD successor to SOTN.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@papuccino1: His prices are fair and you get exactly what you pay for. 

waidaminut!
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TwoLines

@delusionaltool: Umm.. Castlevania Lament of innocence wasn't a GoW or Zelda clone, and I liked it. But I seem to be in the minority here..

@KingWilly:  Yeah, I don't like the NES era Castlevania. Not enough Metroidvania type games. I love those!
    I have enough GoW type games to last me a lifetime. Or at least couple of years.

@Enigma777:  Well.. it wasn't good cause they re-used all the sprites and made it multiplayer.
    They re-used the old DS and PSX sprites for a HD Xbox360 game, and made a game about exploration multiplayer! Who.. Who thought this was a good idea?

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jazz

1UP's review of the game elaborates on the platforming problems within the game if anyone is interested. It's a very positive review otherwise.. 

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Every time I see a new video of this game I get more and more excited.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#30  Edited By sammo21
    @Jazz: I can't make up my own mind as there is none of the exploration or platforming in the demo. Those 2 things are what broke previous 3D Castlevania games. 
    SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SaFt

I tried the demo, and it seems like a good game. Really the only thing i didn't like was that it didn't seem to be any weight in the attacks, didn't really feel like i hit the enemies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.