How much does it pick up pace?

#1 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

Im about halfway through chapter 2 right now and honestly, it's starting to become a bit of a slog. Im wondering exactly how much does the pace/variety pick up, as ive seen topics saying once you get to chapter 3 it gets much better. But i purchased Vanquish and thats kept my attention much better, and now I don't seem to have the incentive to go back to Lords of Shadow. I definitely didn't hate the game, it was a decent amount of fun, but it was just a bit 'meh'.

#2 Posted by xyzygy (9617 posts) -

Are you serious? I just S-Ranked this bitch and I still feel like I need to go back in a play it again.  

Well, To be honest I thought the 2nd chapter was awesome. But keep going. The 2nd chapter does have a lot of the same setting and architecture, but that's only because it's all set around the same area as is every chapter. Wait until chapter 4 when you're on the Mountain Castle, or even chapter 3 in the heart of the Lycans territory. But man definitely keep going, this game is phenomenal. Wait until you get some more experience adn unlock more moves, and you get new equipment, and new moves from them.

#3 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (436 posts) -

Keep going.  I think Chapter 4 is where it really starts to pick up.  The environments and enemies are all quite varied from chapter to chapter.  There's some truly great puzzles and various things in the environment that you can use to your advantage later in the game.

#4 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@DelroyLindo: do not stop playing, combat gets deeper and more fun. the places you see are just beautiful. plus, the ending is well worth playing through the game.
#5 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (436 posts) -
@defaulttag said:
" @DelroyLindo:  plus, the ending is well worth playing through the game. "
I just found this out a few minutes ago.  Holy...Shit...

Off to the spoilers thread
#6 Posted by jkz (3956 posts) -
@OneAndOnlyBigE said:
" Keep going.  I think Chapter 4 is where it really starts to pick up.  The environments and enemies are all quite varied from chapter to chapter.  There's some truly great puzzles and various things in the environment that you can use to your advantage later in the game. "
This. The pace really picks up in Chapter 4, and while it does dip in places (it's true that some judicious editing would have helped the game), it's still well-worth playing all the way through.
#7 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

ill definitely go back to it once im done with vanquish then (which people should play, its the most fun ive had playing a game in ages)

#8 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

It definitely picks up a lot. i didn't care for the first 3 chapters that much due to the obvious collect "x of x"  to continue and the blatant hey look I bet you totally need to wait for this monster to spawn to break down the barrier in front of you.There is very little of that after those first 3 chapters.

#9 Posted by mrfluke (4836 posts) -
@DelroyLindo: the endgame stuff really redeems the game in the end

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.