Solid Snake playable in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

#1 Posted by Forcen (1804 posts) -

With the release of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow this week, a secret character will be playable after meeting certain conditions within the game.

Following the end of the game, fans of Solid Snake will be happy to know he will be playable. Simply go to the Extras menu and you will be able to play as Solid Snake instead of Gabriel Belmont. You can choose whether Snake can wear a bandana or not.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2010/10/04/play-as-solid-snake-in-castlevania-lords-of-shadow/

The question now is, will David Hayter voice him?
#2 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

I wonder if it's just a skin, or a whole other character.

#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85 said:
" I wonder if it's just a skin, or a whole other character. "
I'm guessing just a skin.
#4 Posted by ESREVER (2666 posts) -

Thats pretty rad. But I'm not really surprised. 

Is there an unlockable Jehuty too?

#5 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3014 posts) -

God damn it Kojima.  I'm already tired of Solid Snake.

#6 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @wolf_blitzer85 said:
" I wonder if it's just a skin, or a whole other character. "
I'm guessing just a skin. "
In past Castlevania games you could usually play as another character after the main game is completed. Unlike the main character the unlockable ones would usually have a predetermined move list and there would be no upgrading or any other kind of progression. 

Then again with how the video game industry seems to work nowadays, it's probably just a skin. We could all be pleasantly surprised though.
#7 Posted by Toms115 (2315 posts) -

i want an unlockable otacon.

#8 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

This pleases me.

#9 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

I want to play as Veronica Belmont instead.

#10 Posted by ImpendingFoil (555 posts) -
Color me pleased
#11 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Goddamn reading the comments on that article almost gave me a tumor.

Solid Snake skin is awesome.  Do want.

#12 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -

I don't know why but I am a sucker for things like this.

#13 Posted by Simmse (135 posts) -

You don't play as Snake, its Gabriel Belmont in a Solid Snake outfit. Also their is a option to wear the bandanna or not.

#14 Posted by JohnnyAutoFire (353 posts) -

I'd rather be able to unlock an old-school version of Simon Belmont.  I just can't see Snake using a chain whip, it's not the stealthiest of weapons.

#15 Posted by McSmunions (582 posts) -

so i just beat it, and i saw the option to turn on the bandanna and the solid eye, but the skin is still definitely Gabriel...but with an eye patch. am i missing something here?

#16 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

nice somebody needs to post a screenshot
#17 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
Its just the Eyepatch and Bandanna. Which sounds kinda lame at first but It strangely makes Gabriel's armor look more complete.
#18 Posted by adoggz (2037 posts) -

it's not actually solid snake. its nudie snake solids great great ancestor.

#19 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Awww.  I wanted Gabriel in that skin-tight Solid Snake suit.

#20 Posted by Legxend (124 posts) -

Sorry for the bad quality had to take it with my phone you can wear each one indervidually so that made me wonder if they actually do anything or have any affect but i havnt noticed anything so far

#21 Posted by BBQBram (2200 posts) -

That's pretty awesome. Why do people bitch about these things? It's clearly just for the sake of being silly and referential.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.