what happend this game is horrible

#1 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

This isn't a castlevania game did konami pull a Silent hill the room on me???

why isn't this game ANYTHING like castlevania??

#2 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

Reviews and previews exist for a reason, y'know.

#3 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1766 posts) -

Because Konami isn't Nintendo. 

#4 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

What, is it 3D or something? Weird, I thought it was just another expanded look at the-

Sigh.

#5 Posted by Scott757 (71 posts) -

I dont understand the hate people have for this game.  I quite enjoyed it!
#6 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
@Scott757 said:
I dont understand the hate people have for this game.  I quite enjoyed it!
Me too.
#7 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

The game is great you're just wrong.

#8 Posted by Chaoskiller2000 (306 posts) -

I enjoyed it. I do see where the disappointment comes from because it does not feel like Castelvainia when compared to the 2D ones.

#9 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -

You're right, it's not like the Castlevania series to take an existing gameplay style from another game and just place it in their universe. 

*cough*symphonyofthenight*cough*

#10 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

yeah i don't know it was pretty disappointing not at all what I expected but also totally what I expected is this sentence hard to read at all?

*ugh* punctuation

That's all.

#11 Posted by believer258 (11914 posts) -
@SoldierG654342 said:
Because Konami isn't Nintendo. 
I could write a paragraph long answer, but this pretty much sums it all up. 

Konami tried to do something different, that's all.
#12 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

@TheFreeMan said:

@Scott757 said:
I dont understand the hate people have for this game. I quite enjoyed it!
Me too.

Same here as well. Sure it's a lot different from the older games, but different isn't always a bad thing.

#13 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5266 posts) -

I loved it.

#14 Posted by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

@Juicebox: The game is a more Castlevania-ish game than any of the 2d DS releases with their weird Anime shit. It's just not apparent in the first 2 or 3 chapters.

Also, it's a great game.

#15 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

@CptBedlam:

Everyone knows that the game was never meant to be a Castlevania game already .

they just added the Castlevania title to doup the idiots that would fall for it . Glad i didn't buy this subpar game.

#16 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

@Juicebox said:

@CptBedlam:

Everyone knows that the game was never meant to be a Castlevania game already .

they just added the Castlevania title to doup the idiots that would fall for it . Glad i didn't buy this subpar game.

You're a moron and you obviously know nothing about the game. This game started out as a different game but was put on the Castlevania track very early on in development. And the finished product surpassed every single DS castlevania with their stupid Anime shit in Castlevania-ness.

And once again: it's a fucking great game. Even if it wasn't so Castlevania-ish.

#17 Posted by DarkShaper (1335 posts) -

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game right now and I will admit that it's a really fun game but I just don't see the point in calling it Castlevania. In terms of both the story and the atmosphere it just doesn't feel like a Castlevania game.

#18 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

@DarkShaper said:

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game right now and I will admit that it's a really fun game but I just don't see the point in calling it Castlevania. In terms of both the story and the atmosphere it just doesn't feel like a Castlevania game.

To it felt more like a Castlevania game than any of the 2D releases on the DS. It finally had the same European feeling that the first Castlevanias had and you spend most of the game in Castles and medieval villages. Also, LoS digs quite a bit into the original Castlevania mythology (Gandolfi, the order, etc) and ignores that stupid Anime shit and idiot white haired characters like Soma Cruz etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.