Which platform?

#1 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

Ok. I am kinda sold on this. Should I get it on the PS3 or the Xbox 360. I heard the 360 had framerate issues. How about the PS3?

#2 Posted by RavenX302 (258 posts) -

I have not seen the PS3 version in motion, but the Xbox version really does run pretty spotty in places. I thought I had heard that the game was developed on the PS3 or something and ported to the 360, but that could be some other game. To be safe, I would go with the PS3 version unless you prefer the 360 controller and/or achievements.

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11007 posts) -

PS3 version runs pretty well (in my use), and unlike the 360 version, the PS3 one is on one disc, so no disc swapping. 

#4 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

PS3 version. Never experienced any problems

#5 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (438 posts) -

I haven't had any of the frame rate issues others have experienced on the 360 with the game installed to the hard drive but YMMV.

#6 Posted by badwhodo (248 posts) -

No issues with PS3 version for me.  and its only one disc.

#7 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

I'm playing on the PS3 and it looks great and so far i haven't run into any issues. I haven't seen the game on 360 or PC.
#8 Posted by Vitor (2821 posts) -
@Bouke said:
" I'm playing on the PS3 and it looks great and so far i haven't run into any issues. I haven't seen the game on 360 or PC. "
I haven't seen the game on PC either, which is a damned shame as I'd love for them to actually make a PC version...
#9 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11007 posts) -

PS3 = 1 disc. 

360 = 2 discs.  

#11 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

Well basically it will be up to your own preferences. Only real reason I played the PS3 version cause I don't have an x360 but so far I didn't encounter any problems as today. Though it doesn't  maintain a constant framerate it does not hamper the gameplay nor the experience at all. 

#12 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -
@Vitor:
Developer Mecurysteam has made a PC game before; but i don't know if they have plans to bring this title to the PC. These kind of action based adventure / platformers (with a combo system) are more a controller the keyboard/mouse game. Although Darksiders also just got a PC release...
#13 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (438 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" PS3 = 1 disc.  360 = 2 discs.   "
This is becoming somewhat of an annoyance.  As everyone probably know by now, you obtain certain abilities in the latter half of the game which allow you to reach areas in levels in the first half of the game that you otherwise could not reach. So when you want to go back to some of the earlier levels to explore you have to re-insert disc 1 and then go back to disc 2 when you decide to get back to the main quest.

Even with both discs installed on my hard drive it requires switching discs, kind of annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.