Can I get some help from the Castlevania Veterans?

#1 Posted by Irishranger (249 posts) -

I just bought the XBLA version of this because I never got the chance to try the Castlevania games growing up.  Then Lords of Shadow caught my eye and I intend on getting that when I get the cash, but I thought I'd try to experience some old school Castlevania beforehand. 

My problem is that the Arcade version leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to instruction for a newbie.  No reprinted manual available and the how to play topic in the options is a joke.  Can someone point me in the direction of a good resource to teach me how the game mechanics work and so forth.  I don't even know what all the HUD items are :-p 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
#2 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -
@Irishranger said:

" I just bought the XBLA version of this because I never got the chance to try the Castlevania games growing up.  Then Lords of Shadow caught my eye and I intend on getting that when I get the cash, but I thought I'd try to experience some old school Castlevania beforehand.  My problem is that the Arcade version leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to instruction for a newbie.  No reprinted manual available and the how to play topic in the options is a joke.  Can someone point me in the direction of a good resource to teach me how the game mechanics work and so forth.  I don't even know what all the HUD items are :-p  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance! "

http://guides.ign.com/guides/846656/   try this one

I agree, it's a bit obscure and hard to learn but STICK WITH IT. It's a fucking outstanding title.
#3 Posted by Irishranger (249 posts) -
@josty81:
Thanks. Looks like just what I needed.  Much appreciated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.