Remember the Granfalloon in SOTN?

#1 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

In Symphony of the Night, there was a boss called the Granfalloon. It was one of the most memorable boss battles ever. You know, the giant orb of dead bodies? Well, I was playing through the PSX version again recently and realized that there is a commentary within the boss fight. Upon looking up Granfalloon, which means "a society of people who claim to have a shared purpose." Taking the boss fight as being a society, you'll see that hacking apart all the dead bodies (or members of society) makes the beast stronger. In order to beat the society, you have to attack the head the center without harming the members, who don't mean anything, and only serve as a buffer between you and the center.

Fascinating, eh?

#2 Posted by TwoLines (2811 posts) -

Interesting.
From all the bosses in that game- I remember him best.
Great concept, and it looked terrifying.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

That's awesome, that game is deep. I remember that boss, it was one of the better ones. Castlevania rocks.

#4 Posted by McPaper (255 posts) -

Yep I remember that boss, I certaintly didnt care for the bodies however.

#5 Posted by liako21 (522 posts) -

yea i got trapped in the corner and bodies kept coming lol

#6 Posted by xyzygy (9993 posts) -

This exact same boss is also in Portrait of Ruin. I don't remember if that's what he's called though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.