Which is better? Castlevania SOTN on XBLA or PSN ?

#1 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

With the release of Castlevania Lords of Shadow, when you buy it at bestbuy (sorry not trying to advertise it) you can get a download voucher for Catlevania SOTN. Obviously you get to download it for the same console that you will be buying the new Castlevania LOS game for. 

My question is: Are the XBLA and PSN versions of Castlevania SOTN different ? 

on XBLA, because of the size limits back then, they removed the fmv cut-scenes and added achievements and leaderboards
on PSN I think it is a PS1classic, so it is like playing the original disc, you get cut-scenes (I think), but you get nothing new no trophies, no filtering ...  

I might be missing some information about either or both games so .... which is better in your opinion ?
#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5257 posts) -

The PSN one cause the cutscenes and I don't have a 360 so I don't care about the achievement/trophy system.

#3 Posted by Jeust (10644 posts) -

Sega Saturn. 

#4 Posted by Stepside (511 posts) -

If you have a PSP, it's worth getting Dracula X.  It offers a full version of SOTN - cutscenes included.  No trophies though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.