nixelplex's Catan (Xbox 360 Games Store) review

• nixelplex wrote this review on .
  • nixelplex has written a total of 3 reviews. The last one was for Catan

Great Console Board Game

I remember playing Catan when I was in college with some friends of mine.  Loved the game back then.  Now on XBLA it's just as good and more accessable.  There is no worry when it comes to board set up and rules.  This is a great game to play when you just want to wind down and you don't feel like getting into a huge story arc.   Great game and a must buy.

Other reviews for Catan (Xbox 360 Games Store)

Does the board game justice 0

I am a fan of the board game, so I was super excited to find out that the game was coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace. I wondered how the game would translate to the virtual world, but I was not disappointed. It offers streamlined gameplay that I never found difficult to understand. The computer AI's offered a good challenge to the experienced player, but their "attitudes" can get annoying at times. Overall, I feel that if you like the board game then you'll love this, and if you've never playe...

Great If You Like This Sort Of Game 0

Catan for XBLA is an adaptation of the popular board game Settlers of Catan created by Klaus Teuber. This game is not for everyone. if you spend all you time fragging users online in Call of Duty or Halo, you can stop reading now, because you won’t like this game. I on the other hand absolutely loved it! The game is fairly simple. There are 3 to 4 players that must compete for resources on a honeycomb shaped board (see screenshots below). Each piece of the honeycomb is attributed a number and...