Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Better on PS3 or 360?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

Simple question, just wondering if anyone knows the better platform.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I think they both run smoothly. PS3 feels like it's the home of all Atlus game though.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Cathryn

Not sure -- I just assumed that the PS3 version would likely be the best and pre-ordered that. I think the demos that have been done so far have all been on the PS3 version, so the 360 version is still a bit of a mystery, though I could be wrong about that :/

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

I thought I played the Japanese demo on the 360? Maybe I am misremembering. Oh well, I really don't see there being much of a difference.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By OllyOxenFree

PS3. Better D-Pad and no Bink video compression.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake

I think it's safe to say that most games these days perform more or less the same on both consoles but... 
    @OllyOxenFree said:

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By OldGuy

I like the Katherine cover better... so I went with XBOX, but I bet they look remarkably the same...

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By demontium

@OllyOxenFree said:

Aight then ps3.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Probably PS3. 
    Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Wacomole
    @demontium said:
    Better on PS3 or 360?
    Yes.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By benjaebe

PS3, but I bought both anyway. Take my money, Atlus. Take it all.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I'm trying to decide this as well. I prefer playing games on Xbox (achievements, better controller), but this seems like a game that would be more at home on PS3.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Catolf
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

I'm trying to decide this as well. I prefer playing games on Xbox (achievements, better controller), but this seems like a game that would be more at home on PS3.

I'll tell you both as far as graphics and so on make either a good bet, but controller wise... ehhhh.... I really can't play games like this (you'll be using the directional pad over the analog during the tower portions, i say this cause the directional pad is FAR more accurate.) and for me the ps3's directional pad is supreme when it comes to things like this. But to each his own. Try demos on both the ps3 and Xbox and see what is a better fit for you I'd say.
    jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By jkuc316

I assume it's the PS3 version, because they played the PS3 version in the QL EX vid

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By stubbleman

For my money, the anti aliasing is better on the 360, but there's less compression on the video in the ps3 version. The thing is, half the cut-scenes are in engine, so you should keep that in mind too.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sooty

DId anybody else notice that the anime cutscenes were way louder than the in-game ones? It was that way on PS3 for me and I have no idea why.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Ygg said:
    DId anybody else notice that the anime cutscenes were way louder than the in-game ones? It was that way on PS3 for me and I have no idea why.
    Someone else mentioned the same thing on NeoGAF and considered that it might be a bug. I haven't played the NA demo but I know that it wasn't like that for the PS3 Japanese demo.
    InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By InfiniteGeass
    @Ygg said:
    I also noticed this on the PS3 demo. Can any confirm if the 360 demo has audio issues like this? Hopefully it's not like that in the full game.
    SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By SlasherMan

Oh, the demo's released?! I should go check it out.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sooty
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @Ygg said:
    Someone else mentioned the same thing on NeoGAF and considered that it might be a bug. I haven't played the NA demo but I know that it wasn't like that for the PS3 Japanese demo.
    @InfiniteGeass said:
    @Ygg said:
    I also noticed this on the PS3 demo. Can any confirm if the 360 demo has audio issues like this? Hopefully it's not like that in the full game.
    Ah ok good! Thought something was going wrong with my sound settings somewhere. :)
    Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Atari 2600

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Questionable

This is theyr first next gen title so considering the 360 is known for being allot easier to program for than the ps3 it is pretty much guaranteed to be superior.
     Having that said, this game hardly looks like its trying to push the graphical ladder by any means, so  just go with your preferred controller.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Questionable said:
    This is theyr first next gen title so considering the 360 is known for being allot easier to program for than the ps3 it is pretty much guaranteed to be superior.  Having that said, this game hardly looks like its trying to push the graphical ladder by any means, so  just go with your preferred controller.
    The PS3 seems to be their primarily platfom seeing as how that's the version of the game that's been shown the most in the media surrounding it and there have been reports of the 360 version's cutscenes quality suffering from compression compared to the PS3 version.
    sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By sixtyxcelph
    @InfiniteGeass & @Ygg - Having played both demos, yeah, it's an issue in both the 360 and PS3 versions of the demo.  With any luck, though, that's not something they could really miss and it was fixed for launch tomorrow.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

@SixtyXCelph said:

@InfiniteGeass & @Ygg - Having played both demos, yeah, it's an issue in both the 360 and PS3 versions of the demo. With any luck, though, that's not something they could really miss and it was fixed for launch tomorrow.

Hey just wanted to chime in. Played the retail version for about 20 minutes, and it includes the opening scene from the demo. Didn't really notice any sort drastic volume difference between videos and in engine/gameplay stuff. This is on the 360, ran through an HDMI cable. There were a couple instances of the volume dropping between characters during some conversations, but subtitles fixes that problem. I guess I can't really tell though since I stayed away from the English demo and only played the Japanese demo to avoid text and story that I can understand, but I didn't notice a volume problem there either.

Also all I hear is Kanji, Teddy, (I think, in the dream world) and Yosuke. Fucking awesome.

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By sixtyxcelph
    @wolf_blitzer85: Yeah, I definitely see Kanji's face the entire time he's talking.  XD  And now that you mention it, that totally is Teddy's voice in the dream world, isn't it?  XD  LOVE IT.

I'll come back after I play my retail copy and see if that volume difference is fixed from the English demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.