Catherine

#1 Posted by TeamJersey (388 posts) -
OK then, Whose ready for it?  I am all down for crazy looking lambs and what not, but this one...well...we may just have to see.  

Hey, where's the text???

With Atlus and their particular track record who knows what kind of bizarre antics we could have in store for us?

What do you think, Zack?
#2 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

I'm excited for it, and I'll probably pick it up as soon as it comes out in NA.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14789 posts) -

I'm super excited about this. It seems right up my alley. I love the art style, and dreams are an awesome thing to incorporate into a game.

My desktop: 

#4 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  That's awesome.
#5 Posted by TeamJersey (388 posts) -
@SpiralStairs:   Yeah I really think I will make it a day one purchase.
#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -

This thread is really not necessary when we already have the Catherine forums.  Flagged.

#7 Posted by TeamJersey (388 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:   Yeah the style grabbed me, as well.  nice background.
#8 Posted by TeamJersey (388 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ:   Whoa, wait.  What?  I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes...just posting some stuff about a game I'm interested in.  I didn't know I was going to get FLAGGED.

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@TeamJersey: And you couldn't post your opinions in the appropriate forum?
#10 Posted by Jost1 (2225 posts) -

It looks fucking awesome as hell, what else can I say

The trailer is so stylish is hurts

#11 Posted by MysteriousBob (6262 posts) -

And people wonder why I hate anime.

#12 Posted by JJWeatherman (14789 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @TeamJersey: And you couldn't post your opinions in the appropriate forum? "
 It can easily be moved to the proper forum. Not a big deal.
#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
 It can easily be moved to the proper forum. Not a big deal. "
That's kind of what I'm saying.  I thought that's what the "flag" button was used for—to contact mods so they could move/lock threads?
#14 Posted by Marmaladebrat (353 posts) -
#15 Posted by TeamJersey (388 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:   I honestly didn't know there was a forum for this game yet.  Call me NOOB if you will, but I really am new at this, having not been on the site that long.  If I need to change it I will.  Not sure that I know how to move it...*sheepish grin*
#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@Marmaladebrat said:
" The art style kind of looks like the "Welcome to the NHK." anime. "
I really disagree with that, but that's just me.
#17 Posted by TeamJersey (388 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  Awesome.  Any way I can expedite that, I will.
#18 Posted by JJWeatherman (14789 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
 It can easily be moved to the proper forum. Not a big deal. "
That's kind of what I'm saying.  I thought that's what the "flag" button was used for—to contact mods so they could move/lock threads? "
I always relate the flag button to a thread that needs to be locked or deleted. I suppose it could be used for a thread that needs moving though. There's no way to tell the mods that through a flag, so I usually just PM them for that stuff, or post in the thread ans wait for them to find it and move it.
#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@TeamJersey said:
" @FluxWaveZ:   I honestly didn't know there was a forum for this game yet.  Call me NOOB if you will, but I really am new at this, having not been on the site that long.  If I need to change it I will.  Not sure that I know how to move it...*sheepish grin* "
Every game, franchise, concept, location, object, person or character has their own appropriate forum on this site.  You just search for the page in the handy search bar at the top of the website, click on it and to the left there will be a tab called "Forums".
#20 Posted by Marmaladebrat (353 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Maybe it is just the one scene when the main charater Vincent has his eyes all bugged out that made me think that it looked like "Welcome to teh NHK."  But yeah, I can also agree with you, a different anime studio is doing the movies for Catherine, Studio 4c.
#21 Posted by TeamJersey (388 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:   Thanks, man.  Helpful info to have.
#22 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -
@MysteriousBob: You hate tits and cartoon sheep?

I don't see what's to hate about that really.
#23 Edited by Mikemcn (7387 posts) -

Coming into this post and seeing animated breasts for no apparent reason has made me hate Anime more than ever, I hope this game sinks like the fucking titanic, and I hope anyone who buys it hits their head and forgets they ever loved anime.

#24 Posted by bonbolapti (1702 posts) -

I look at the first post and realize that I'm not in the demographic to play the game that will play this game. lol

#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@Mikemcn: @bonbolapti: Guys, actually read up on the game.  There's more to it than anime tits. 

This is why I think Atlus is making some sort of mistake in the marketing.  Or maybe not, maybe the Japanese like their games sexier or something.
#26 Posted by bonbolapti (1702 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:  Don't get me wrong, I'm aware of what the game is.
That doesn't change the first post.
#27 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1663 posts) -

If i say anime is for jerks am i kewl like everyone else?

#28 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: It's definitely not for everyone. Although some people's reactions are pretty fucking weird :\
#29 Posted by wefwefasdf (6730 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" If i say anime is for jerks am i kewl like everyone else? "
Dear god, I will imagine killing you if you do. :P
#30 Edited by Mikemcn (7387 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

" @Mikemcn:  @bonbolapti: Guys, actually read up on the game.  There's more to it than anime tits.  This is why I think Atlus is making some sort of mistake in the marketing.  Or maybe not, maybe the Japanese like their games sexier or something. "

Tell the OP that, his opening post kinda screams 'HEY GUYZ LOOK BOOB PICTURES, THIS IS WHY I LOVE ANIME",  and maybe theres more to it than that (In my mind, There isnt) but thats clearly what they want it to be all about.

And don't hate me, i really.... REALLY dislike anime.
#31 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Mikemcn: @bonbolapti: Guys, actually read up on the game.  There's more to it than anime tits.  This is why I think Atlus is making some sort of mistake in the marketing.  Or maybe not, maybe the Japanese like their games sexier or something. "
Tell the OP that,  and maybe theres more to it than that (There isnt) but thats clearly what they want it to be all about. "
It's one picture, dude.  I like to think I know all of the information that's been made public about Catherine and even though they're promoting it as a game with a lot of erotica, there's still more going on.  What, you think this is some hentai dating sim?  Do you even know what Atlus does as a developer?  They're above games like that and all of their games (except for the Trauma Center ones as I haven't played much in the series) have relatively deep psychological and mythological value and it would be naive to think that their focus has now transitioned to games for the sole purpose on sexual content. 

Don't make it as if there's not more to the game.  Fine if it doesn't seem to appeal to you, but don't degrade it because of your simple and uneducated opinion on the game.
#32 Posted by Catolf (2788 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:

" @Lemoncookie01 said:

" If i say anime is for jerks am i kewl like everyone else? "
Dear god, I will imagine killing you if you do. :P "
Same... Murder you with a sheep's decapitated head.. "Bahhhh" XD

@MysteriousBob said:

" And people wonder why I hate anime. "

And yet we wonder why you post to every SING anime type thread.. just to say you hate it, your a troll, go cull up in a ball and be hateful.  

@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Mikemcn said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Mikemcn: @bonbolapti: Guys, actually read up on the game.  There's more to it than anime tits.  This is why I think Atlus is making some sort of mistake in the marketing.  Or maybe not, maybe the Japanese like their games sexier or something. "
Tell the OP that,  and maybe theres more to it than that (There isnt) but thats clearly what they want it to be all about. "
It's one picture, dude.  I like to think I know all of the information that's been made public about Catherine and even though they're promoting it as a game with a lot of erotica, there's still more going on.  What, you think this is some hentai dating sim?  Do you even know what Atlus does as a developer?  They're above games like that and all of their games (except for the Trauma Center ones as I haven't played much in the series) have relatively deep psychological and mythological value and it would be naive to think that their focus has now transitioned to games for the sole purpose on sexual content.  Don't make it as if there's not more to the game.  Fine if it doesn't seem to appeal to you, but don't degrade it because of your simple and uneducated opinion on the game. "

This.
#33 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

What do you think the thing in this game tahts killing people will be? i think it will be nightmares. And i think the junes of that game will be the bar or his bed.

#34 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -
@scarace360: It reminds me of the cowardly mayas from Persona 3.
#35 Posted by bonbolapti (1702 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Mikemcn said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
It's one picture, dude.  I like to think I know all of the information that's been made public about Catherine and even though they're promoting it as a game with a lot of erotica, there's still more going on.  What, you think this is some hentai dating sim?  Do you even know what Atlus does as a developer?  They're above games like that and all of their games (except for the Trauma Center ones as I haven't played much in the series) have relatively deep psychological and mythological value and it would be naive to think that their focus has now transitioned to games for the sole purpose on sexual content.  Don't make it as if there's not more to the game.  Fine if it doesn't seem to appeal to you, but don't degrade it because of your simple and uneducated opinion on the game. "
FluxWaveZ, stop knee jerk reacting! yes anyone with half a brain can deduce what the game is about. We both made a comment on the Poster and not the game it's self.
#36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@bonbolapti said:

" FluxWaveZ, stop knee jerk reacting! yes anyone with half a brain can deduce what the game is about. We both made a comment on the Poster and not the game it's self. "

Oh yeah?  So what does this mean, exactly: 

Tell the OP that,  and maybe theres more to it than that (There isnt) but thats clearly what they want it to be all about.     

#37 Posted by natetodamax (19415 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: It would have been easier to just flag the thread and then move on instead of getting people riled up.
#38 Edited by CaptainObvious (2990 posts) -

This game will lead to a lot of awkward moments where a member of my family walks in to my room when I'm playing Catherine and she is spreading her legs in a cutscene or something. 

#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@natetodamax: Refuting the arguments of others = riling people up?  Okay.
#40 Posted by RTSlord (1227 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: thats just freaking awesome.

But this game just looks crazy to me, like "crazy-ass batshit" crazy
#41 Posted by NathHaw (2848 posts) -

The game looks awesome; I can't wait to play it.

#42 Posted by bonbolapti (1702 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:  get over it, atlus doesn't need you defending a game that a lot of poeple know very little about. If he really wanted to, he would look it up and take back his comment. You're just baiting yourself to argue.

So we might as well lock this thread.
#43 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@bonbolapti: I'm just saying there's more to the game than just sex.  A lot of people see these screens and just come to the assumption that "this would never be released here, it's too crazy" or "cartoon pussy in full effect".  Maybe you weren't claiming it was like that, but others were and I'm saying that it's not the case.
#44 Posted by bonbolapti (1702 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: that's going to happen yes. but you're going to have to let the internet run it's course. (after all this news just came out)
#45 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@bonbolapti: Sure... I guess I'm more excited about this game than I thought as I did get a little too defensive there.  Oh well.
#46 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -
@SpiralStairs: That would be funny.
#47 Posted by TobyD81 (1286 posts) -

I have no idea what's going on in this game, but it looks amazing. I definitely want to know more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.