Catherine has Online Multiplayer

#1 Posted by endaround (2142 posts) -

In one of  the bigger surprises, the new Famitsu has Catherine having an online component that consists on online tower climbing segments. 
via Andriasang

#2 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Oh god.

#3 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Colosseum is a competitive mode where two players challenge the game's action stages simultaneously. As you climb up a tower, you'll need to think about both speed and methods for hindering your opponent. The person to win two rounds of play first wins the match. You'll unlock this mode once you've cleared Golden Theater mode. 

Damnit. This game just keeps getting better and better.
#4 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

DUDE WHAT!?

#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Yes.

#6 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

It also has some other online connectivity that sounds pretty interesting. Just little stuff, but it'll be interesting to see how people respond. Seems like there are a lot of interesting gameplay modes in this game.

The other area is a bit more interesting. Previously, we detailed the Confession Room, an area you encounter when you reach the top of a stage. Here, you're asked a multiple choice question, and your response determines how you advance. If you're connected online, you can see graphs showing how other players responded. Based of the screens in Famitsu, it seems that you can select to see how different genders responded.

#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5816 posts) -

I don't really care as long as the SP's good.

#8 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

@endaround:  Actually, we've already known this for a while.

#9 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

oh god lady venus sounds awesome i want to see her right now

#10 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

This game gets crazier every day.

#11 Edited by Otogi (249 posts) -

Play the cast of Persona 4 as DLC, only  €49.99!

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -

Oh wow, I had totally forgotten that there was a rumored online component. Awesome.

#13 Posted by Yummylee (21496 posts) -

Well that was unexpected.

#14 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -
@Otogi said:
" Play the cast of Persona 4 as DLC, only  €49.99! "
I would play call of duty with the SMT style so hard
#15 Edited by Otogi (249 posts) -
@Laketown: How would that even work? 

Seriously, how would it? I want to know!
#16 Posted by SpacePenguin (476 posts) -

Just when i thought this game couldnt get any wierder o.0

#17 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4388 posts) -

Nice try Atlus. You can't bribe me anymore than you already have. I already said I'd buy the game when I first saw a half-naked chick in pink lingerie was one of you main characters.

#18 Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

How is this going to work? Well whatever, I say its a nice addition.

#19 Posted by endaround (2142 posts) -
@mutha3: I thought all we knew was that there was an online component meaning perhaps leaderboards or something
#20 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@endaround said:
" @mutha3: I thought all we knew was that there was an online component meaning perhaps leaderboards or something "
Nah, the leaked achievements already spoke of a VS mode of sorts. 
#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -
@endaround said:
" @mutha3: I thought all we knew was that there was an online component meaning perhaps leaderboards or something "
I think there was some kind of online multiplayer mention at some point, but that's about it.
#22 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

Sounding like epic game is going to be epic.

#23 Posted by ChrisTaran (1583 posts) -

I'm not normally one for online multiplayer anything, but for you Catherine, I shall make an exception.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.