Catherine Japanese box art released

• 134 results
#1 Posted by endaround (2145 posts) -

The final box art is out and the big thing is that the box art is different for each version and not just the usual "Two because the PS3 box is smaller" thing.  The PS3 box art features Vincent sliding into Catherine's cleavage: 

While the X360 art has Vincent climbing over  Katherine's lower back: 

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Yep, that's definitely Japanese.

#3 Posted by Asger (198 posts) -

That is awesome! 

#4 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I've got to say, I prefer the 360 art. Still getting it for PS3 though, that art is also sweet.
If it comes out in America.
And if it still has the same box art. I kind of doubt it will, for some reason. But I could be wrong.

#5 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Okay. If they're going to use that box art in North America, I'm going to have to lock up the box and make sure no one sees it.

#6 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

If this is ever released outside of Japan my girlfriend will wonder what the fuck I'm buying. Not to mention feeling like a pervert in the store.

#7 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2721 posts) -
@CrazyChris: The EU and US box arts are probably going to be different.
#8 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

I have no idea what is going on in those box arts or even what this game is about, but color me intrigued.

#9 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3484 posts) -

Truly amazing^^

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13200 posts) -

I definitely prefer the PS3 box art here, she's not making the "I'm getting reamed in the ass right now and it sucks" face.

#11 Posted by Jeust (10650 posts) -

Yeah baby! 

#12 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

More or less exactly the vibe I was expecting from the Japanese box art.

#13 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

I like the 360 cover more:( Too bad I sold mine.

#14 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk said:
" @CrazyChris: The EU and US box arts are probably going to be different. "
Thankfully. I like the covers and all, but I'm worried the game would bomb in sales here in the west with those covers.
#15 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@Aragorn123 said:
" I have no idea what is going on in those box arts or even what this game is about, but color me intrigued. "
If I had to guess..  It's a typical anime plot about a socially awkward teen who is repeatedly placed in unlikely and erotic situations with attractive young females.
#16 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @Aragorn123 said:
" I have no idea what is going on in those box arts or even what this game is about, but color me intrigued. "
If I had to guess..  It's a typical anime plot about a socially awkward teen who is repeatedly placed in unlikely and erotic situations with attractive young females. "
You guessed entirely wrong.
#17 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@mutha3:   I was basing that assumption on the box art and the two screenshots I saw.
Was I at least close?  ;)
#18 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Has there been any confirmation whether this game will be released outside of Japan? 
Because, if not, I'm really going to have to work hard during japanese class...

#19 Posted by Pie (7099 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @Aragorn123 said:
If I had to guess..  It's a typical anime plot about a socially awkward teen who is repeatedly placed in unlikely and erotic situations with attractive young females. "
You guessed entirely wrong. "
Sick burn
#20 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @mutha3:   I was basing that assumption on the box art and the two screenshots I saw. Was I at least close?  ;) "
Nope. 

Well... 

There's bipedal sheeps and shit in this game, so its pretty Japanese, yeah.
#21 Posted by endaround (2145 posts) -
@mutha3: They would have trouble getting in stores with those covers, especially the 1st..  Now if Atlus only expects to move under 50K units, likely not to be a problem.  But if they want large numbers they likely need some retail space.
#22 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@enderound

I don't think they're aiming for 50K seeing how its from the biggest team in Atlus and there's been a lot of anticipation from western fans.

@Pie

said:

" Sick burn "

thanks dawg
#23 Posted by endaround (2145 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @mutha3:   I was basing that assumption on the box art and the two screenshots I saw. Was I at least close?  ;) "
No-the lead is in his his early 30s and is one of the women, the other is in her early 20s.  The situations are erotic and awkward but not in the way you think.  See he's caught cheating with on the early 20s girl by his girlfriend the early 30s women.  So yeah awkward..
#24 Posted by august (3845 posts) -

Those covers are pretty awesome.

#25 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@endaround said:

" @WinterSnowblind said:

No-the lead is in his his early 30s and is one of the women, the other is in her early 20s.  The situations are erotic and awkward but not in the way you think.  See he's caught cheating with on the early 20s girl by his girlfriend the early 30s women.  So yeah awkward.. "
Then you get the whole nightmare sheepworld part where he gets stuck with his pillow and has to escape buttmonsters, robot fetuses and demonic versions of the girlfriend  he knocked up.

Game of the Year, people.
#26 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

Man...I just want to know what the hell this game actually is.
#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19340 posts) -
@SonicFire said:

" Man...I just want to know what the hell this game actually is. "

Honestly, people saying this really need to check out our wiki page on the game. We actually have a pretty good idea what the game will entail, now. 

@TooWalrus said: 

" she's not making the "I'm getting reamed in the ass right now and it sucks" face. "

That's true, but Katherine > Catherine so I've got to say I prefer the 360 art anyways. 

The boxarts are a little too... explicit for the North American audience so I do hope they change it when it releases here, even though I personally have no problem with them.
#28 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @SonicFire said:

Honestly, people saying this really need to check out our wiki page on the game. We actually have a pretty good idea what the game will entail, now. 

@TooWalrus said: 

" she's not making the "I'm getting reamed in the ass right now and it sucks" face. "

That's true, but Katherine > Catherine so I've got to say I prefer the 360 art anyways. 

The boxarts are a little too... explicit for the North American audience so I do hope they change it when it releases here, even though I personally have no problem with them. "
Seriously. I would feel really creepy buying this game if the boxart stays the same.
#29 Posted by papercut (3499 posts) -

Yeah, that's about right.

#30 Posted by Synaptic (310 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @SonicFire said:

@TooWalrus said: 

The boxarts are a little too... explicit for the North American audience so I do hope they change it when it releases here, even though I personally have no problem with them. "
Seriously. I would feel really creepy buying this game if the boxart stays the same. "
Agreed. And Katherine all the way, forget the tramp.
#31 Edited by coaxmetal (1619 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:

" If this is ever released outside of Japan my girlfriend will wonder what the fuck I'm buying. Not to mention feeling like a pervert in the store. "

You should probably order it from amazon. I plan to. Also, It says PSN on the PS3 box? is it coming out on PSN or what?
#32 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Riboflavin said:
" @CrazyChris said:

" If this is ever released outside of Japan my girlfriend will wonder what the fuck I'm buying. Not to mention feeling like a pervert in the store. "

You should probably order it from amazon. I plan to. Also, It says PSN on the PS3 box? is it coming out on PSN or what? "
The leaked achievements revealed there's some weird -ass "VS mode"...so I guess Catherine actually has an online mode?

There's way more game in there then people have anticipated so far.
#33 Posted by TurkeyFried (21 posts) -

Whew, good thing I bought an Xbox!  I'm more of an ass man...

#34 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
"If this is ever released outside of Japan my girlfriend will wonder what the fuck I'm buying. Not to mention feeling like a pervert in the store. "

Indeed. I will be buying online :D
#35 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind:
Next time basse your guesses on the fact that it's an Atlus game (ie: the makers of Persona)
#36 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Come on be the same in the north american version.

#37 Posted by MisterMouse (3554 posts) -

haha great stuff.

#38 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@Pie said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @Aragorn123 said:
Sick burn "
You really consider that a "burn" because I made a joke about a game and genre I obviously have no interest in?
Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19340 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
"  genre I obviously have no interest in? "
You don't like Action-Adventure or Puzzle games?
#40 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @Pie said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @Aragorn123 said:
Sick burn "
You really consider that a "burn" because I made a joke about a game and genre I obviously have no interest in? Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. "
I'm pretty sure he was joking as well

Actually, if I had to wager a guess, I'm pretty sure he's poking fun at me:(

eh, whatever i'm hungry.
#41 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind
@Pie said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @Aragorn123 said:
Sick burn "
You really consider that a "burn" because I made a joke about a game and genre I obviously have no interest in?
Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
Haha defensive much? XD
#42 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
@LordAndrew
Okay. If they're going to use that box art in North America, I'm going to have to lock up the box and make sure no one sees it.
Heh, wrap it in opaque foil. That'd be hilarious.
#43 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

I really hope they have a reversible cover for the USA release like most anime today is shipped. That way, we could flip the cover art to a bit more racy or to the art they used in Japan.

#44 Posted by Pie (7099 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
" @Pie said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @Aragorn123 said:
Sick burn "
You really consider that a "burn" because I made a joke about a game and genre I obviously have no interest in? Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. "
Your silly
#45 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

I could see them changing the box art when the game comes to the States, even though I don't have a problem with it.  Anything even remotely erotic or sexual in a product puts the moral guardians here in a shitstorm even when they have no idea about the product.
#46 Edited by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@benjaebe said:

" I've got to say, I prefer the 360 art. Still getting it for PS3 though, that art is also sweet. If it comes out in America. And if it still has the same box art. I kind of doubt it will, for some reason. But I could be wrong. "

I hope not, just the process of buying this game would be awkward. 
EDIT: Didn't notice, the pink background is made up of hearts.
#47 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I think we have our potential game cover of the year.

#48 Posted by Weltal (2273 posts) -

Very interesting covers. The colors really jump out and would draw attention on a normal game shelf full of bland, dark, and colorless game covers.  
Too bad we'll never see that box art in America.

#49 Edited by pekoe212 (449 posts) -

The box art is perfect for this game. I really don't want them to change it for international release, but they probably will. The names are starting to weird me out a little bit... my middle name is Kathryn. After my grandmother. And every time I hear it spoken it reminds me of my great-grandmother because she always called me Catherine (it was her middle name and she thought my parents named me after her....they didn't).  And I have two close childhood friends named Katherine/Katharine. TOO MANY KACATHERARIRYNS.

#50 Posted by XenoNick (1408 posts) -

Nice. Still wonder how long till I can play that here in the UK.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.