Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Difficulty Differences

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By matpaget

What are the differences between the difficulties? 
    Are all of the puzzles the same? Do you just get more continues on lower difficulties and "Rewind" on Easy? 

I've been having troubles starting this game because I'm afraid I'll choose a mode that's too easy or too hard. 
    I'm pretty into puzzle games and I do alright when I play them. Which mode is for me that won't take away from the story?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By mutha3

You can change the difficulty at any time and the puzzle layout changes inbetween the difficulties.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By matpaget
    @mutha3: You, my friend, win my heart! I can now enjoy this game without being afraid I'll be stumped!
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Normal has rewind too, I don't know why all the reviews made it seem like it was exclusive to Easy.

Also they kept saying you could rewind one move back but you can rewind multiple moves at once.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By matpaget
    @LordXavierBritish: In game it says "In Easy Mode..." and when I tried rewinding in Normal it showed a Rewind icon crossed out.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By benjaebe
    @MatPaget said:
    @LordXavierBritish: In game it says "In Easy Mode..." and when I tried rewinding in Normal it showed a Rewind icon crossed out.
    Funny, since I've rewound multiple times on Normal.
    matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By matpaget
    @mutha3:  
    It won't let me change my difficulty either =/

@benjaebe
    : I don't know what to tell you because when I did it in normal, it wouldn't let me. 
    dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By dillonwerner
    @MatPaget said:
    @benjaebe: I don't know what to tell you because when I did it in normal, it wouldn't let me. And it won't let me change my difficulty either =/
    Throw your Xbox out the window, I hear it helps!
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mutha3
    @MatPaget said:
    @benjaebe: I don't know what to tell you because when I did it in normal, it wouldn't let me. And it won't let me change my difficulty either =/
    Correction: You can change the difficulty in the stray sheep and inbetween the floors of a level. Check the options screen.

And the reason it didn't let you rewind was probably because you didn't push a block before you pressed it. Because, Benjaebe is totally right about that one.
    matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By matpaget
    @mutha3: Makes sense! It was on the first level and I was just testing it out to see if it worked! 

@DillonWerner: Not playing it on the Xbox. I'm playing it on my Commodore 64
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

@mutha3 said:

@MatPaget said:
    @benjaebe: I don't know what to tell you because when I did it in normal, it wouldn't let me. And it won't let me change my difficulty either =/
    Correction: You can change the difficulty in the stray sheep and inbetween the floors of a level. Check the options screen. And the reason it didn't let you rewind was probably because you didn't push a block before you pressed it. Because, Benjaebe is totally right about that one.

You can definitely change difficulty in the bar, but maybe since I started on normal, I cannot change the difficulty on the landings in between levels. The option is there, but it is greyed out and I cannot select it. So I don't know. Not a big deal though, I kinda want to try and struggle my way through this game, as it is already getting pretty tricky but it feels pretty good when you get through a stage.

DumbFounded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By DumbFounded

Quick question...Firstly I suck at these puzzles, dont laugh! Well im raging at one in particular now, But im already playing on easy, but does the very easy mode from the main menu translate into saved games or just if you go into a new game?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @DumbFounded: According to gamespot, you have to input the code every time you load or start a game.

I'm assuming that means it works on saved games too then.
    sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By sixtyxcelph
    @DumbFounded: So, I keep hearing about this Very Easy mode... did I miss something?  Where is it?  I mean, by my second playthrough I was good enough to gold every stage on Easy at least, but, I certainly would have played it on Very Easy to begin with if I had that option.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @SixtyXCelph: I believe the method to play in Very Easy mode is holding select on the difficulty menu and pressing "Easy".
    DumbFounded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DumbFounded

Thank goodness for that! Ive already ragequit out for now!, but ill be back into very easy then if it works! Cheers!

And very easy is, basically highlight the first mode on the main menu and hold select until you hear a noise, then you get little perks in the levels that let you jump higher and stuffs.

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By sixtyxcelph
    @FluxWaveZ: Interesting!  Moot point now, though, haha.  Is that explained anywhere?  Probably in the manual, huh?  I should really read those more often, at least the games that have them.
    DumbFounded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DumbFounded

@SixtyXCelph: It does say about the mode in the manual and what to do to activate it....It just forgets to tell you where you need to be to activate it!

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Junpei

the biggest difference between medium and easy I found is that on easy they make some blocks immovable to lead you towards the proper path easier whereas on Medium or Hard you have to piece it together on your own.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20  Edited By natetodamax

Very Easy modes spawns Super Energy Drinks every few steps or so. These let you instantly climb 3 blocks at a time and lasts about 15 seconds. You can clear practically every stage in the game in about 30 seconds.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Junpei

Just started another play after getting all golds on Normal, working on Hard now. Hard mode changes the layouts of the blocks two. There are a lot more immovable blocks and there is a lot more strategic movements to deal with. I actually am really enjoying it on hard but I can understand why a ton of people would get pissed off and irritated with it. Lots of restarting and head scratching (especially if going for gold runs).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.