Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

First Catherine Screenshots

• 121 results
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By ReyGitano

EVIL SHEEP!!! Somehow my interest in this game is increasing with every piece of news.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @FizzleNizzleBear said:
    " Ya its not horrible spam but you didn't say anything or add opinion about the content. You just posted a bunch of pictures and a link. To some who don't know what this is they wouldn't be able to find out without entering the given link. "
    True.  I admit, I wanted to write some stuff to compliment the images, even as a 2nd post to the 1st post that was the images, but I thought that everyone would ignore the text and see only the images therefore I decided to write my thoughts as replies to other peoples comments.  But you're right, it would have been better to post some sort of commentary to go along with the screenshots.
    thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By thordain

I have a hard time believing that a Japanese salaryman would have that kind of great hair.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Thordain said:
    " I have a hard time believing that a Japanese salaryman would have that kind of great hair. "
    It's because he's an awesome Japanese salaryman.
    FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By FateOfNever

I have a feeling that by the time this game finally gets close to coming out here I'll practically be throwing my money at Atlus in an attempt for it to be released faster.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#56  Edited By AndrewB
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    "

"
    Wait a minute... 

No Caption Provided
    Those are Yukiko's boobs!
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By shirogane
    @AndrewB:
    Shadow yukiko? Real Yukiko isn't quiote so endowed... 

Sheepies!
    dieguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By dieguy

Isn't this supposed to be a horror game? Boobs and sheeps just don't seem that scary. 

Edit: But what does scare me is Catherine's mannequin looking face in the first screenshot.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#59  Edited By AndrewB
    @Shirogane: Ah, yes. I forgot that Yukiko is bizarre-o Yukiko at that point.
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#60  Edited By metalsnakezero

Let see...
    Cel-shaded HD look - Check
    Very little blocky shapes - Check 
    Clean bright colors - Check

Now I just need to see it in motion and I can confirm that this is a HD game. 
     Also what is up with those sheeps?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#61  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator  Online

The humanoid rams are kind of brilliant.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By m1k3

If it does get localized, my wish is for it to allow an option for JAP voice ENG subs, and also i hope it doesnt get gimped.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#63  Edited By Pepsiman
    @Icemael said:

The game begins when Vincent, a vegetarian who has no ambition in work or love (I'm not sure if he's literally a "vegetarian," or if the term "vegetarian" is some sort of metaphor for his personality) runs into the mysterious Catherine one day. At night, he has nightmares.

This clarification isn't really all that important in the grand scheme of things in this thread, but the term used for "vegetarian" in Japanese tends to carry certain colloquial meanings that don't literally refer to not eating meat (at least assuming my thinking is right on what the phrasing in the original article probably was). Essentially terms like vegetarian are, for whatever reason, a modern way to describe a certain type of guy with tastes and physical appearances that are traditionally somewhat feminine and run contrary to the normal expectations of Japanese "manliness," if you will. If you think metrosexual, you're more or less on the right track. That's not to say that Vincent there is flamboyantly feminine, as the Japanese terminology doesn't really encompass that, but that's more or less what I imagine the original Japanese is referring to when they call him a vegetarian. He's a guy that likes to look classy and keep up a decent appearance, which is what the term is really all about.

It's weird stuff. I know the wording isn't actually vegetarian in Japanese to prevent any confusion, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head. Hmm....
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#64  Edited By jacksukeru
    Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#65  Edited By Pepsiman
    @RockmanBionics: That's the term! Thank you! I knew I'd recognize it as I saw it elsewhere, but couldn't for the life of me remember what it was. Much obliged.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66  Edited By Hailinel
    @m1k3 said:
    " If it does get localized, my wish is for it to allow an option for JAP voice ENG subs, and also i hope it doesnt get gimped. "
    Atlus has been very good about keeping all of the content in their localized games as of late.  Even the Persona remake on the PSP retained all of the material that was cut from the PS1 version.  However, they have not kept the Japanese language tracks for their games traditionally, so don't expect them to start now.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Supermarius
    @Hailinel said:
    " @m1k3 said:
    " If it does get localized, my wish is for it to allow an option for JAP voice ENG subs, and also i hope it doesnt get gimped. "
    Atlus has been very good about keeping all of the content in their localized games as of late.  Even the Persona remake on the PSP retained all of the material that was cut from the PS1 version.  However, they have not kept the Japanese language tracks for their games traditionally, so don't expect them to start now. "
    man, english dubbed anime dirty-talk is the worst!
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Atlus are my heroes.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By m1k3
    @Hailinel said:
    " @m1k3 said:
    Atlus has been very good about keeping all of the content in their localized games as of late.  Even the Persona remake on the PSP retained all of the material that was cut from the PS1 version.  However, they have not kept the Japanese language tracks for their games traditionally, so don't expect them to start now. "
    i hope they do it for their first venture into the PS3 and 360. They could fit the Japanese voice track on a blu-ray, and im pretty sure they can fit it onto a 360 DVD. Its one thing i really loved Sega for doing on Valkyria Chronicles.
    rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By rapid
    @FluxWaveZ:  If they got the voice of Cowboy Bepop that would be awesome
    Now the  serious question   Persona 5 ER or Catherine ER.... DUN DUN DUN
    OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By OmegaChosen
    @Rapid said:

" @FluxWaveZ:  If they got the voice of Cowboy Bepop that would be awesome Now the  serious question   Persona 5 ER or Catherine ER.... DUN DUN DUN "

Why not both?

This looks like it's going to be quite interesting. I really like the look of it and it's getting me even more excited about a Persona game hitting the HD realm sometime in the future. A word of advice for Vincent:  You need to go deeper. O.O

INCEPTION
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ghostiet

Tits + crazy-ass sheep.

Day one purchase.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By InfiniteGeass

This game has a very interesting looking style to it and the story seems interesting too. I really, really hopes this gets localized some day because I think I'd like to play it.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mutha3
    @m1k3 said:

" @Hailinel said:

" @m1k3 said:

i hope they do it for their first venture into the PS3 and 360. They could fit the Japanese voice track on a blu-ray, and im pretty sure they can fit it onto a 360 DVD. Its one thing i really loved Sega for doing on Valkyria Chronicles. "
    There was plenty of space on the ps2 discs as well. Persona 4 in its entirety used a sixth of the disk's space or something like that.

I remember NichM posting on neogaf that the translation team is not pleased at all with how some of their fanbase is treating their work(undubs, basically). 

I don't see why you'd want JP voice acting in the first place. The P3 dub was on par with the original and the Persona 4 dub was leagues better in English.
      @InfiniteGeass said:

" This game has a very interesting looking style to it and the story seems interesting too. I really, really hopes this gets localized some day because I think I'd like to play it. "

It'll get localized. This is Atlus we're talking about.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Supermarius
    @mutha3: maniacal hatred of quality english dubs and translations is an excuse that pirates use to legitimize pirating games that they claim to be huge fans of. They can say "oh this us dub so bad i have to play a pirated patched version. I'm making a stand for the purity of the original translation and voice acting." No your not, not unless you also bought the regular retail version.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mutha3
    @Supermarius said:
    " @mutha3: No your not, not unless you also bought the regular retail version. "
    Weeeeell....you'd still be kind of a jerk for pretending that Rise and Teddie's Japanese voices aren't the worst thing ever made.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By m1k3
    @mutha3 said:
    " @m1k3 said:

" @Hailinel said:

" @m1k3 said:

i hope they do it for their first venture into the PS3 and 360. They could fit the Japanese voice track on a blu-ray, and im pretty sure they can fit it onto a 360 DVD. Its one thing i really loved Sega for doing on Valkyria Chronicles. "
    There was plenty of space on the ps2 discs as well. Persona 4 in its entirety used a sixth of the disk's space or something like that.

I remember NichM posting on neogaf that the translation team is not pleased at all with how some of their fanbase is treating their work(undubs, basically). 

I don't see why you'd want JP voice acting in the first place. The P3 dub was on par with the original and the Persona 4 dub was leagues better in English.
    its not that im putting down the quality of the dub. i still played the English version of P4, and i also am playing the English verison of P3P right now. Im with you when you say the quality of the dub is on par or even better, But there is nothing wrong with having the option to switch between english and japanese. I watch A Lot of Anime, and hearing japanese voices from something that is originally in japanese is just something i prefer. Its not much of a make or break thing for me. still, this game has my interest.
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Cornman89

These screens are incomprehensible in a way that I'm totally cool with.

Also, breasts. And bipedal sheep. And breasts.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mutha3
    @m1k3 said:
    its not that im putting down the quality of the dub. i still played the English version of P4, and i also am playing the English verison of P3P right now. Im with you when you say the quality of the dub is on par or even better, But there is nothing wrong with having the option to switch between english and japanese. I watch A Lot of Anime, and hearing japanese voices from something that is originally in japanese is just something i prefer. Its not much of a make or break thing for me. still, this game has my interest. "
    There's nothing wrong with preferring a language(and I'm sure the translation team doesn't have qualms against people that just like Japanese). But the sad reality is: when people get the option between English and Japanese VA, most people would instantly choose JP VA because they expect a dub to be terrible. And when you look at the quality and effort that went into P4's dub, I can understand their frustrations.

I don't we'll ever see an Atlus game with JP VA, I'm afraid...But hey, atleast they know how to dub stuff, right?
    ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ch3burashka

Them HD graphics look uber-sexy. I could have done without the overly explicit boobies, though. I hope that them "aiming this for adults" is more about intellectual discussion rather than boners. 

The screenshot of the sheep in the red room really reminded me of Deadly Premonition's red rooms. If the GB crew does indeed choose this as their 3rd ER season, it'd be really fucking cool. The familiarity of the Japanese influence + the craziness of Swery = SWEET! 

Also, sheep's eyes creep me the fuck out. Why the fuck do they have rectangular pupils?!

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Supermarius
    @CH3BURASHKA said:
    " Them HD graphics look uber-sexy. I could have done without the overly explicit boobies, though. I hope that them "aiming this for adults" is more about intellectual discussion rather than boners.  The screenshot of the sheep in the red room really reminded me of Deadly Premonition's red rooms. If the GB crew does indeed choose this as their 3rd ER season, it'd be really fucking cool. The familiarity of the Japanese influence + the craziness of Swery = SWEET!  Also, sheep's eyes creep me the fuck out. Why the fuck do they have rectangular pupils?! "
    im pretty sure it is boner related. I'm thinking maybe its about the existential angst of trying not to succumb to some crazy temptress person. I don't know how you make that into gameplay though. Quicktime events? "rapidly press X to think about baseball"?
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TwoLines
    @mutha3:  Rise's Japaneese voice made me want to shoot myself in the foot.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mutha3
    @TwoLines said:
    " @mutha3:  Rise's Japaneese voice made me want to shoot myself in the foot. "
    ....what about Teddie?
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By m1k3
    @mutha3 said:
    " @m1k3 said:
    its not that im putting down the quality of the dub. i still played the English version of P4, and i also am playing the English verison of P3P right now. Im with you when you say the quality of the dub is on par or even better, But there is nothing wrong with having the option to switch between english and japanese. I watch A Lot of Anime, and hearing japanese voices from something that is originally in japanese is just something i prefer. Its not much of a make or break thing for me. still, this game has my interest. "
    There's nothing wrong with preferring a language(and I'm sure the translation team doesn't have qualms against people that just like Japanese). But the sad reality is: when people get the option between English and Japanese VA, most people would instantly choose JP VA because they expect a dub to be terrible. And when you look at the quality and effort that went into P4's dub, I can understand their frustrations.   I don't we'll ever see an Atlus game with JP VA, I'm afraid...But hey, atleast they know how to dub stuff, right? "
    I look at who the cast of seiyu's are for the japanese versions. and Atlus has been good at casting some of my favorites. i dont really know many english VA's. the only person that comes to mind is, Nolan North (yea i know, hes good, but everywhere). 
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TwoLines
    @mutha3:  Annoying, still better than Rise.
    And hey, both were annoying in the English version as well.
    Just 100x less.
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Castro

First off, this game looks wicked slick. I was sold when I saw the sheep/ram things. Regarding the localization, I think that I would prefer an English voice cast as well. "Get Bent!" wouldn't be as humorous if it were in Japanese with English subtitles.

I should also say that I was totally stoked for the original Yakuza until it was announced that the American version wouldn't have the original Japanese dialogue. As a big fan of Yakuza films, I was looking for the authentic experience. I'm not too concerned when it's something like this.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Supermarius

I'm just impressed that with a sexy atlus game like this, noone has made a terribly inappropriate "portal to the meat dimension" joke.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By m1k3
    @TwoLines said:
    " @mutha3:  Annoying, still better than Rise. And hey, both were annoying in the English version as well. Just 100x less. "
    I think they screwed up the casting on the Japanese side. Her seiyu has different ranges, but they made her do the voice that she is famous for. and it didn't fit Rise at all, image and personality wise.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty cool.  I'm kind of thinking they decided to do this on HD platforms so the Persona team gets experience working with HD platforms before they do P5 for HD platforms.  Which makes me really happy.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By landon

Atlus is probably my favorite developer at this point.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mutha3
    @TwoLines said:
    " @mutha3:  Annoying, still better than Rise. And hey, both were annoying in the English version as well. Just 100x less. "
    wat

Teddie's English VA was awesome, sod off>:(

RIse was okay, I guess.
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By TwoLines
    @mutha3:  Hah, it got a little annoying in battle. But that may be due to his repetitiveness.
    Same goes for Rise I guess.
    SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#93  Edited By SumDeus
    @AjayRaz said:
    " it looks beautiful "
    So I see you still like breasts...
    Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Lawrens

I thought it was going to be a serious horror, but it looks hilarious.

Day 1 regardless, if it comes to NA that is.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Some of the textures look off.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By foggel

No Caption Provided

Sold.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#97  Edited By damswedon

What the hell did I just see?

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jasta

Looks funkeh.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By CaptainObvious

Demon rams? Tits? This game looks wack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.