Give me a pillow..I need to beat sheep (rams) with it!

#1 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

Seems Famitsu is doing a DX package with the help of it's publisher, coming with three posters, cell phone card and a handy little pillow for you to either rest your head or keep close to your heart, along with the art book and CD that comes standard with the game preorder copy. The pillows are yet to be shown but the posters are like that of the Xbox 360 and Ps3 boxarts which would look great on any wall. (I'd rather a wall scroll myself)

This And the fact you can beat sheep with pillows is some awesome news, to bad we most likely won't see the pillows/poster and cards over here. (I want a pillow!) But with a demo announced and release on the horizon I can safely say i'm pretty pumped.

That has to be one magic pillow.. of doom
#2 Posted by DonutFever (3514 posts) -

Hmm, I don't like the idea that we'll be killing the sheep, because those are other people just trying to survive like he is. Kind of a dick move, Killin' them sheep.

#3 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

WHERE'S MA WESTERN RELEASE YOU FUCKRAGS?!

#4 Posted by EuanDewar (4509 posts) -

I REALLY don't like how the gameplay in this looks. Visually it looks appropriately  creepy and disturbing but as far as I can tell you just climb forever and occasionally slowly hit stuff.
#5 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19145 posts) -
@DonutFever said:

" Hmm, I don't like the idea that we'll be killing the sheep, because those are other people just trying to survive like he is. Kind of a dick move, Killin' them sheep. "

You're not killing them. From what I gather, those trapped in the nightmares are actually competing with each other to get to the top as they value their own lives and Vincent will have to use tools and his pillow in order to knock the sheep who block your way.
#6 Posted by DonutFever (3514 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @DonutFever said:

" Hmm, I don't like the idea that we'll be killing the sheep, because those are other people just trying to survive like he is. Kind of a dick move, Killin' them sheep. "

You're not killing them. From what I gather, those trapped in the nightmares are actually competing with each other to get to the top as they value their own lives and Vincent will have to use tools and his pillow in order to knock the sheep who block your way. "
But from what I've read the sheep push you, so you fall down the stairs and die. But when you hit them with the pillow, aren't you doing the same thing to them, pushing each other so you can stay alive (Assuming hitting them with the pillow kills them)?  
#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19145 posts) -
@DonutFever: I'm not sure Vincent actually kills them, though.
#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -
@DonutFever said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @DonutFever said:

You're not killing them. From what I gather, those trapped in the nightmares are actually competing with each other to get to the top as they value their own lives and Vincent will have to use tools and his pillow in order to knock the sheep who block your way. "
But from what I've read the sheep push you, so you fall down the stairs and die. But when you hit them with the pillow, aren't you doing the same thing to them, pushing each other so you can stay alive (Assuming hitting them with the pillow kills them)?   "
Someone'll eat 'em. Sheep can be tasty! 

Man the japanese love them their pervy pillows. 
#9 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@Catolf said:
"Seems Famitsu is doing a DX package with the help of it's publisher, coming with three posters, cell phone card and a handy little pillow for you to either rest your head or keep close to your heart, along with the art book and CD that comes standard with the game preorder copy. The pillows are yet to be shown but the posters are like that of the Xbox 360 and Ps3 boxarts which would look great on any wall. (I'd rather a wall scroll myself)

This And the fact you can beat sheep with pillows is some awesome news, to bad we most likely won't see the pillows/poster and cards over here. (I want a pillow!) But with a demo announced and release on the horizon I can safely say i'm pretty pumped."
Considering the posters, I don't think that pillow is for either of those uses......
#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (13970 posts) -

...Yup, seems about right.

#11 Edited by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@melcene said:

" @Catolf said:

(I said blahblahblah)
Considering the posters, I don't think that pillow is for either of those uses...... "
XD aww come on, how dosen't wish for a sexy pillow.

@EuanDewar said:
" I REALLY don't like how the gameplay in this looks. Visually it looks appropriately  creepy and disturbing but as far as I can tell you just climb forever and occasionally slowly hit stuff. "

I have a feeling with the time limit and the shit chasing you I doubt it will be a slow climb, more like a frantic pace, apparently after a little use the blocks under you try and give way..
#12 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" WHERE'S MA WESTERN RELEASE YOU FUCKRAGS?! "
#13 Edited by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@melcene:  Its an armrest pillow. I highly doubt its going to be intented for masturbational purposes, they would have gone the body pillow route if that was the intent. Vincent's beats up monsters with his pillow, so I assume it'll just be a miniature version of that.

@DonutFever said:
Maybe not all sheep are actually people? there's that one screenshots where we see two fat-ass sheep staring at each other blankly in the middle of the stairs(Vincent, like any gentleman would, casts a lighting spell on them and they explode in a inappropriately gory fashion)

oh, and.....
@Aus_azn said:

" @eroticfishcake said:

" WHERE'S MA WESTERN RELEASE YOU FUCKRAGS?! "
"
#14 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@mutha3 said:  
@DonutFever said:
Maybe not all sheep are actually people? there's that one screenshots where we see two fat-ass sheep staring at each other blankly in the middle of the stairs(Vincent, like any gentleman would, casts a lighting spell on them and they explode in a inappropriately gory fashion)
And the one of a sheep that looks like 'death' with his scythe and spikey hair. He just get's knocked off and falls to his doom. That and with the fact you can't stay on the block 'stairs' long before the crumble I wouldn't have time to feel to bad about sheeple that are trying to knock me off too XD
#15 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@Catolf said:
" @mutha3 said:  
@DonutFever said:
And the one of a sheep that looks like 'death' with his scythe and spikey hair. He just get's knocked off and falls to his doom. That and with the fact you can't stay on the block 'stairs' long before the crumble I wouldn't have time to feel to bad about sheeple that are trying to knock me off too XD "
I don't think that's even supposed to be a sheep, it just looks like a straight up bird-like monster to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.