I know virtually nothing about this and couldn't be more excited

#1 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -

I don't know what it is about it. There's just something there. Maybe it's the visual style or pure mind-fuckery of what I've seen so far, but I'm truly excited to get my hands on this. I'm also incredibly glad that it's going multi-plat on the current-gen systems. I can't wait to see more from this game.

#2 Posted by natetodamax (19171 posts) -

Every time I see the girl I always think she's a robot. It's the hair, it's just so....... robotic to me.

#3 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Stoked.

#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

im so stoked i might import it.

#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

If only I could read Japanese...

#6 Posted by faustyn (615 posts) -

same here. i don't speak japanese so i have basically no idea what's going on in the trailer, but i'm still excited. i really hope that they will release this game in europe.

#7 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I'm also excited, if not a little worried about it being a little too "sex centric".  But I'm excited for it because: 
 

  1. It's Atlus.  They make great stuff.
  2. It's something new from Atlus; not an RPG.
  3. It's Atlus' first game on the HD consoles, so I'm excited to see how it turns out and is received.
  4. The art style appeals to me immensely.
  5. The "nightmare" concept of the game also appeals to me.
  6. Vincent seems like a rather cool character, though we don't know much about him yet.
 
I can't wait to see more of the game.
#8 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: I echo your sentiments exactly. In all honesty, the amount of seemingly gratuitous sex turns me off a little to the game, but as we learn more about it, maybe it will make sense in context. Or maybe it's just Atlus getting their erotica on. Either way. I'm excited to see how this will turn out.
#9 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" I'm also excited, if not a little worried about it being a little too "sex centric". 
My only worry.
#10 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1087 posts) -

It's Atlus, so the quality will be there, but what kind of game is it?  Such a mysterious reveal.

#11 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@xobballox said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" I'm also excited, if not a little worried about it being a little too "sex centric". 
My only worry. "
Why would you be worried about that. It shows that Atlus is trying to tell a mature story.
 
Are you chaste or something?
#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @xobballox said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" I'm also excited, if not a little worried about it being a little too "sex centric". 
My only worry. "
Why would you be worried about that. It shows that Atlus is trying to tell a mature story. Are you chaste or something? "
Boobs + Vaginas + Dildos + Sex = Mature story?  We're not afraid of the sexual content in the game, we're afraid of how it's handled.  Sex as a "mature" subject for "mature" storytelling can be badly handled and rub off as immature and stupid as well.
#13 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: No, I really want to play it, but if there's a full-nude sex scene every twenty minutes, that'll be awkward to play in front of my 12 year old brother (I'm 17, almost 18 and have to share a room with him : /)
#14 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @LordXavierBritish said:
" @xobballox said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" I'm also excited, if not a little worried about it being a little too "sex centric". 
My only worry. "
Why would you be worried about that. It shows that Atlus is trying to tell a mature story. Are you chaste or something? "
Boobs + Vaginas + Dildos + Sex = Mature story?  We're not afraid of the sexual content in the game, we're afraid of how it's handled.  Sex as a "mature" subject for "mature" storytelling can be badly handled and rub off as immature and stupid as well. "
We must be watching two different trailers then because i was under the impression the Atlus knows what it is doing.
#15 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I'm interested to see how well this game is received by individuals like you but I have no interest in this game whatsoever.

#16 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: Nobody's implying that Atlus doesn't know what they're doing -- simply that extreme sexual content doesn't immediately equate to a mature story. It's rare to see sex in a video game used in a way that is both 'adult oriented' and 'mature'. But I'll give them credit. If I have faith in anyone to pull off something like this, it'd be the good folks at Atlus. 
#17 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

I'm getting it as soon as it comes out, and I have no idea what's going on in any of the pics or the trailer either.

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" We must be watching two different trailers then because i was under the impression the Atlus knows what it is doing. "

  1.  Slightly embarrassing, potential box art for the game in Japan


  2.  Gratuitous boob shot in the first trailer.  Shortly after this screenshot, text is written on both breasts


  3.  Do I really have to explain why this is questionable?

If those 3 images fit your definition of "mature", then fine.  You'll have no worries as to what kind of content this game could possibly have relating to sex.  But for those of us who are worried that Atlus might take things a little too far, these 3 images I posted justify that.  We have not seen enough to see if the sexual content will actually be implemented in a tasteful matter, but these 3 images can make us think otherwise.
#19 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@xxizzypop: I just don't see the reason for hesitation in the first place it isn't like the trailer is all like  "WHOA YOU GUYS ARE TITS AWESOME. MAN I SURE LOVE TO SEX WOMENZ. PENISES ARE HILARIOUS!" 
 
@FluxWaveZ:  And I might believe you if there obviously wasn't some type psychological drama underlying all the hyper sexuality.
#20 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:

" it isn't like the trailer is all like  "WHOA YOU GUYS ARE TITS AWESOME. MAN I SURE LOVE TO SEX WOMENZ. PENISES ARE HILARIOUS!" "

And again, I point you to the 2nd pic I posted.  Of course, the trailer doesn't consist of boob shots everywhere and all the time, but stuff like that can make it seem destined for a really specific and unconventional audience. 
 
@LordXavierBritish said: 

" And I might believe you if there obviously wasn't some type psychological drama underlying all the hype rsexuality. "

What? 
#21 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: The game doesn't focus exclusively on sex, it is an element of a greater whole.
#22 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

I think this game looks like the epitome of why 99.9% of anime is complete and utter garbage to me, but I can see where the appeal for some audiences might be.

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: Ah, I see.  Yeah, there seems to be much more to the game than just sex.  It's just how the marketing is handled and making the erotic aspect such a big deal that makes me wary, but I have faith in Atlus.
#24 Posted by xxizzypop (577 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: Without a doubt, there is an indication of it being something larger. But as for myself, I can't especially tell how it will play into the game, whether or not it is going to be an over-exaggerated element, or how tastefully it will be done. It's simply an aspect to consider pre-release -- will it be a necessary and relevant aspect, or vaguely reminiscent of some sort of Japanese porn game? Atlus hasn't given me any reason to doubt them thus far with the Persona series, but it's simply a questionable and risky piece. 
#25 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@xxizzypop: Maybe the pre-order will be a love pillow with Catherine on it. 
 
Wouldn't that be fun.
#26 Edited by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:

" @xxizzypop: Maybe the pre-order will be a love pillow with Catherine on it.  Wouldn't that be fun. "

I'd buy that...
 
I enjoyed that Agarest Wars has a boobie pillow and i am still using it. ^^ Along with pillow case, I'd like a full length body pillow, I think they're neat, BUT I'd rather Vincent be on it...
 

 HEHEHEHEHEH....yeah....
#27 Posted by Turambar (6675 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:  Well, its marketing meant to grab as many eyeballs outside the usual "Atlus makes damn good games and this one will be engaging and crazy" crowd.  What did you expect?
#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@Turambar: Well, I didn't expect much of anything since I didn't know (still don't know) much about the game.  But yeah, I think it's still just for marketing purposes, as well.
#29 Posted by InTheEnd (268 posts) -
@xxizzypop said:
" @LordXavierBritish: Without a doubt, there is an indication of it being something larger. But as for myself, I can't especially tell how it will play into the game, whether or not it is going to be an over-exaggerated element, or how tastefully it will be done. It's simply an aspect to consider pre-release -- will it be a necessary and relevant aspect, or vaguely reminiscent of some sort of Japanese porn game? Atlus hasn't given me any reason to doubt them thus far with the Persona series, but it's simply a questionable and risky piece.  "
You know what? I think they want to fool you. They want you enter the game thinking "Well, this is going to be fucking raunchy!", but as the story progresses you'll find it to be deeper than they'd have you believe. That was my experience with the Persona games; I mean try explaining one of those games to your average joe! The response would probably be along the lines of: "Hahaha, that totally sounds fucking dumb, you're a faggot."
#30 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@InTheEnd said:
" @xxizzypop said:
" @LordXavierBritish: Without a doubt, there is an indication of it being something larger. But as for myself, I can't especially tell how it will play into the game, whether or not it is going to be an over-exaggerated element, or how tastefully it will be done. It's simply an aspect to consider pre-release -- will it be a necessary and relevant aspect, or vaguely reminiscent of some sort of Japanese porn game? Atlus hasn't given me any reason to doubt them thus far with the Persona series, but it's simply a questionable and risky piece.  "
You know what? I think they want to fool you. They want you enter the game thinking "Well, this is going to be fucking raunchy!", but as the story progresses you'll find it to be deeper than they'd have you believe. That was my experience with the Persona games; I mean try explaining one of those games to your average joe! The response would probably be along the lines of: "Hahaha, that totally sounds fucking dumb, you're a faggot." "
This.
 
They are trying to bring in the crowd and show the 'shock' images that will wow audiences. Much like they showed a lot of shooting yourself int he head with P3, people got curious wondering what the heck it was. They came for the shooting and stayed for the story/ characters/ ect
#31 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

Considering Atlus is (apparently) already making a nationwide marketingcampaign for this game in most gamingstores in Japan, and the game isn't due for a Japan release until this winter, I can only imagine how much work they put into it. They sure took their sweet time to jump over to the HD consoles, but man am I excited over this title. I just pray to every god known to man that they release it outside of Japan as well, including Europe.

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@CrazyChris: And I also hope it does well when (if) they do decide to bring it to NA and Europe.  But I'm very surprised to see the popularity of this title on this site as well as NeoGAF, so it might just do okay with the Western audience.
#33 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
" Considering Atlus is (apparently) already making a nationwide marketingcampaign for this game in most gamingstores in Japan, and the game isn't due for a Japan release until this winter, I can only imagine how much work they put into it. They sure took their sweet time to jump over to the HD consoles, but man am I excited over this title. I just pray to every god known to man that they release it outside of Japan as well, including Europe. "
Even if it isn't coming to Europe, you can just import it if you have a PS3. Its probably cheaper that way anyhow. Want me to PM you some good import sites?
#34 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -
@mutha3: Thanks for the tip, but unfortunatly I only own a 360. Curse you, thin wallet!
#35 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
" @mutha3: Thanks for the tip, but unfortunatly I only own a 360. Curse you, thin wallet! "
Ah,well...that sucks. Here's to hoping a publisher picks this up in Europe(that is sadly not in Atlus' control).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.