Is This Gonna Be OK?

#1 Posted by DonutFever (3549 posts) -

For those who don't know, apparently Atlus was dissolved into it's parent company Index. So does anybody know if anything has been changed regarding Catherine?

#2 Posted by Deusoma (3001 posts) -

Nobody knows anything about Catherine yet, except what we've seen in that announcement trailer. So we don't really know yet how the development could/will be effected by this company change.

#3 Posted by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -

It will be okay.

#4 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

It's turning into a flight simulator.

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" It's turning into a flight simulator. "
lmao xD
#6 Posted by Jazz (2142 posts) -

No, but don't worry about it. 

#7 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Atlus is still being allowed to make what it wants and still use its own name. It's like how Disney got Marvel, Marvel is allowed to do what it wants just they have to work with and get money from Disney.

#8 Posted by Yummylee (21242 posts) -

Don't worry, she's going to be fine. It was only a minor concussion with a slight hemorrhage and OHH GOD SHE'S A ZOMBIE!!

#9 Posted by DonutFever (3549 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Don't worry, she's going to be fine. It was only a minor concussion with a slight hemorrhage and OHH GOD SHE'S A ZOMBIE!! "
I would TOTALLY play Zombie Catherine: The Sheepish Killer
#10 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

It is just corporate level restructuring BS.

#11 Posted by endaround (2138 posts) -

Its really hard to say what happens in the future, but Catherine is much too far along for anything to change.  This could actually allow Atlus more freedom since they don't have to worry about their own quarterly profits as much.  Or it could be bad.  Or it could make no difference except now we'll see a bunch of Japanese cell pone games featuring Atlus IP that will never reach the US.

#12 Edited by phantomzxro (1565 posts) -

I think whatever they have been working on  will be fine, now what happens in the future i'm a little worried about say like persona 5. Index wants to focus on more profitable outlets. So i'm sure they will stop atlus from have all the freedom they had before. I just hope index keep them alive and making smart releases of the games they normally made or bring to state side. It seems they were doing very well with that setup but i could be wrong.
#13 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Hopefully they'll let Atlus be Atlus, and everything will be fine.

#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Nobody really knows what Catherine is going to be like, nobody really knows what the recent legal events with Atlus mean, but if I had to say one way or the other I'd wager that this isn't going to affect Catherine.

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

No, now Catherine is going to be trash. 

I was joking.  The game's development isn't going to be affected.  It could still turn out to be trash, though.

#16 Posted by supermike6 (3540 posts) -

Don't worry, everything will be OK.

#17 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

This index holdings nonsense will have little to no effect on Atlus.

#18 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" It's turning into a flight simulator. "
Don't be insane. It's obviously a boat simulator. Quick Look coming later this week.
#19 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -
@endaround said:
" Its really hard to say what happens in the future, but Catherine is much too far along for anything to change.  This could actually allow Atlus more freedom since they don't have to worry about their own quarterly profits as much.  Or it could be bad.  Or it could make no difference except now we'll see a bunch of Japanese cell pone games featuring Atlus IP that will never reach the US. "
That is true. Maybe its more of a Japanese thing and the parent company wanted Atlus to work more closely to their cell phone branch on cell phone games. In exchange they will get more money for Atlus's game projects in the future.
#20 Posted by DonutFever (3549 posts) -

My main fear is Index stooping any possible NA release for Catherine.

#21 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@DonutFever said:

" My main fear is Index stooping any possible NA release for Catherine. "

That is not in their hands, but in the hands of Atlus USA.

Besides, Index not only lacks a reason to prevent Catherine's US release, they don't even involve themselves in Atlus JP's matters. This deal was made half a year ago.
#22 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.