Japanese Catherine Demo out on 1/27

#1 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -
Andriasang reports that the demo has finally been dated.  Its out on 1/27 for PSN and Xbox Live Gold.  Silver members, which would likely be anyone reading this, have to wait until 2/3.
#2 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

Well, time to sign up for a Japanese PSN account. You can still do that, right?

#3 Edited by ChrisTaran (1676 posts) -

Was going to use my Japanese Live account, but since it's silver, think I'll use the PSN account I just signed up for. 
Here's the instructions I used to sign up my Japanese PSN if anyone would like to use it to (in lovely video format)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0

#4 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

OH SNAP

im on it son

#5 Posted by Globox82 (189 posts) -

meh no thanks. What is the point of playing the demo in Japanese? With these type of games story/dialogue is very important, with out that, i couldn't care less.
will wait for eng version.

#6 Posted by Cerogravian (344 posts) -

Dammit. I leave my house for a bit and miss my chance at bringing good news! :P
I just got it from the tweets though...

But it is Good!!
...Not as good with the gold-thing, but still!

#7 Posted by hedfone (1731 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" Well, time to sign up for a Japanese PSN account. You can still do that, right? "
#8 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -
@Globox82 said:
" meh no thanks. What is the point of playing the demo in Japanese? With these type of games story/dialogue is very important, with out that, i couldn't care less. will wait for eng version. "
What type of games?  Nobody is quite sure what it is yet.  Also, looks like it will make little sense in any language.
#9 Posted by supermike6 (3641 posts) -

I would, but I don't have a Japanese Live account.  

This is unfortunate.

#10 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@alternate said:

" @Globox82 said:

" meh no thanks. What is the point of playing the demo in Japanese? With these type of games story/dialogue is very important, with out that, i couldn't care less. will wait for eng version. "
What type of games?  Nobody is quite sure what it is yet.  Also, looks like it will make little sense in any language. "
Its a puzzle-platformer with adventure game elements.

@supermike6 said:
" I would, but I don't have a Japanese Live account.   This is unfortunate. "

It is really easy to make one, ya know?:P
#11 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -
@mutha3 said:

@supermike6 said:
It is really easy to make one, ya know?:P "

if you haven't made 3 accounts it's going to have free gold for a month. if not you need to get some 48 hours coupons :P
#12 Posted by xyzygy (10077 posts) -

I'd rather play the game in a language I understand.

#13 Posted by LiquidPrince (16169 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" I'd rather play the game in a language I understand. "
I just want to play it.
#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @xyzygy said:
I just want to play it. "
+1 

I've been avoiding details about the game somewhat intentionally. I'm really curious to get my hands on a demo.
#15 Edited by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

So pumped. Hopefully it's good.

@benjaebe said:

" Well, time to sign up for a Japanese PSN account. You can still do that, right? "

Yes, you can. Good thing is, that it doesn't have all the random verification as required in the USA, like actually posting a real address (I posted only the character "nu" for every blank), or submitting a real email (if you do it on the PS3 itself).
#16 Posted by supermike6 (3641 posts) -
@mutha3 said: 
@supermike6 said:
It is really easy to make one, ya know?:P "
Wow. That was pretty easy. Now I can't wait for this demo! I'll even be able to understand a small fraction of what is said! 
#17 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

damn my choice of consoles has hampered me yet again!

oh well :(

#18 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

Can I still download the demo with an account that has reverted back to silver? I have a Japanese LIVE account but it's not gold anymore.

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@natetodamax said:

" Can I still download the demo with an account that has reverted back to silver? I have a Japanese LIVE account but it's not gold anymore. "

@endaround said: 

" Silver members, which would likely be anyone reading this, have to wait until 2/3. "

#20 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

awesomeeeee

#21 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: I saw that but when I signed into my Japanese account a week ago the Game Marketplace wasn't on the Dashboard. It was just My Xbox.
#22 Posted by Cerogravian (344 posts) -
@natetodamax: It sounds like you weren't connected to Live at all. But regardless - If your account has reverted to Silver, then it isn't Gold anymore, it is Silver, and:

@endaround said: 

" Silver members [...] have to wait until 2/3. "

#23 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@Cerogravian: The account was definitely connected to LIVE, because I remember looking at the Game Marketplace (or what I thought was the Game Marketplace, I couldn't read it) and seeing Japanese ads and stuff.
#24 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Time to go make a Japanese PSN account. Huzzah!

#25 Posted by BradBrains (1171 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @xyzygy said:
I just want to play it. "
+1  I've been avoiding details about the game somewhat intentionally. I'm really curious to get my hands on a demo. "
all this demo talk finally got my to pre-order the game. i think i may just wait till my copy comes instead.
#26 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

just signed up for the japanese account and got a month of free gold (what?) so I get to have it on day of :D

#27 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" just signed up for the japanese account and got a month of free gold (what?) so I get to have it on day of :D "
Careful that you don't get dinged with the subscription when the free trial expires.
#28 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Unfortunately, I'm English.

#29 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
If someone puts up footage of the entire game online, I'll put up a translation on the site. I could use the practice anyway. Unfortunately, don't have my PS3/360 with me at the moment otherwise I'd do so directly.
#30 Posted by BaconGames (3574 posts) -

Why must Japan hate PC gaming?  Seriously I REALLY want to play this game.  At least if it holds up to the hype I'm giving it.

#31 Posted by Cerogravian (344 posts) -
@natetodamax:  ...I think you need to read your own comments that people are replying to; I meant that the instance you described where @natetodamax said:
"the Game Marketplace wasn't on the Dashboard. It was just My Xbox. "
...THIS sounds like you weren't connected to Live at the moment. 
The Silver/Gold account stuff and everything is the same as in the start of the thread.

@Vitor:
Be mindful of the thin line between 'practice' and exploited labour. :P
I'll see if I can't clear up some things as well, but I'll have to remember it while playing, don't have any fancy recordamajiggies or such here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.