Katherine is kind of... annoying.

• 65 results
#1 Edited by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

No Spoilers!

I get she's supposed to be the reasonable one, helping Vincent grow up a little and become an adult, but man is she annoying and pushy about it. No wonder why Vincent is so hesitant about marrying her. As soon as she says she might possibly be pregnant, she start a list of demands (which again are all reasonable expectations, but the tone in which she says them make her sound bitchy.) I'm glad that she isn't some hurt angel however, since it makes me feel less bad about slowly progressing through the game with the need to dump her, and wooing Catherine.

Katherine also needs to stop stabbing those poor cakes at the Chrono Rabbit.

She's the one for me!
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

Catherine's a whore and a psychopath.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Catherine's a whore and a psychopath.

Don't talk about my lady like that =)

Go back to your uptight bitch.

But seriously, Catherine is way more fun and care free, as opposed to Katherine who is an uptight pushy bitch.

#4 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -

Katherine's wack
Catherine's wack
Bitches are just wack man!

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: I'm not too into Katherine, either. It doesn't have to be one or the other. But Katherine is disciplined, responsible, kind and caring. Catherine is not.
#6 Edited by EuanDewar (5033 posts) -

I haven't played minute one of this game but Im going to go ahead and guess that Katherine is annoying and Catherine is evil. So you cant really win.

#7 Posted by N7 (3595 posts) -

Dude, the crazy ones are KILLER in bed!

#8 Posted by Chet_Rippo (236 posts) -

@UncleClassy said:

Katherine's wack Catherine's wack Bitches are just wack man!

The true moral of the game!

#9 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: From as far as I've played Catherine seems like all of those except maybe responsible. She's caring and kind and so on as well. She's just more fun and less bitchy. Also it pretty much is either or. Unless I'm mistaken there is no dump both and live single your whole life in the game.

#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:

I haven't played minute one of this game but Im going to go ahead and guess that Katherine is a bitch and Catherine is evil. So you cant really win.

Katherine is the farthest thing from a bitch. That description is appropriate for Catherine, though.
#11 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

@UncleClassy: Spoken like a man who knows him some bitches.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: Catherine's only kind to the people she likes. Plus, I wouldn't say she's caring at all. She doesn't care about what Vincent goes through and hurts him a bunch.
#13 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@EuanDewar said:

I haven't played minute one of this game but Im going to go ahead and guess that Katherine is a bitch and Catherine is evil. So you cant really win.

Katherine is the farthest thing from a bitch. That description is appropriate for Catherine, though.

She's totally a clingy bitch. What are you talking about? The way she started demanding things of Vincent was ridiculous. Like she should have basically pulled out a notepad and said your doing this this and this.. "hey Vincent! Are you listening!" Stabs cake*

#14 Posted by Killroycantkill (1415 posts) -

This game backs up the old time saying. "Bitches be crazy"

#15 Edited by Bocam (3785 posts) -

Katherine is a fucking lying bitch. While Catherine is just "free", so her personality is to be expected

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said: 

She's totally a clingy bitch. What are you talking about? The way she started demanding things of Vincent was ridiculous. Like she should have basically pulled out a notepad and said your doing this this and this.. "hey Vincent! Are you listening!" Stabs cake*

Katherine's clingy!? Heh, I think I should wait until you get farther into the game before I discuss this.
#17 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

I have a feeling they are both the same girl and he's insane.

#18 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@LiquidPrince said:

Katherine's clingy!? Heh, I think I should wait until you get farther into the game before I discuss this.

I will get further soon. I know what your getting at though. I think Catherine is probably gonna be clingy too. But damn she at least is the cuter of the two. I don't like stuck up women in my games and in life.

#19 Posted by AjayRaz (12441 posts) -
@UncleClassy said:
this ma'fucka knows how it is 
#20 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@LiquidPrince: What Night are you at exactly?

@AjayRaz: The Adachi in Catherine knows what's what too

#21 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@Bocam: 4th.

#22 Posted by AjayRaz (12441 posts) -
@Bocam: what the hell is that? 
#23 Posted by CoinMatze (473 posts) -

Man, the "bitch"-count in this thread is already double the average. Come on, people bitches.

#24 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@AjayRaz: "Adachi" is in Catherine.

#25 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

Who cares, they are all just bitches and whores.

#26 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

@LiquidPrince: The results are in, LiquidPrince... you ARE the father.

#27 Posted by tyxja (281 posts) -

This game's choices aren't black and white. Whatever you're expecting to happen with Catherine and Katherine is probably wrong. Play the game as you honestly would handle the situation in real life and you'll get a lot more out of it.

#28 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@tylerjacob said:

This game's choices aren't black and white. Whatever you're expecting to happen with Catherine and Katherine is probably wrong. Play the game as you honestly would handle the situation in real life and you'll get a lot more out of it.

Oh I am, and am loving it.

#29 Posted by Nottle (1917 posts) -
@tylerjacob said:

Wait, this game actually has a decent morality system? Thats actually kind of rare.
#30 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@Nottle: It's not really a morality system. More like a Personality system

#31 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@SlashseveN303: Catherine and I made sweet babies.

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@Nottle said:
@tylerjacob said:

Wait, this game actually has a decent morality system? Thats actually kind of rare.
It's decent, but not great.
#33 Posted by Aegon (5706 posts) -
@N7 said:

Dude, the crazy ones are KILLER in bed!

The key word being "killer". 
#34 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

Katherine is always on her rag and Catherine is prob a hoe.

#35 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (943 posts) -

My big problem with the game's premise has been that I don't like either of the C/Katherines. I've been going the Katherine path because I find her less annoying than Catherine, and she usually apologizes later for being kind of a pain, but they're both just generally unlikable. You barely get to see either of them, and their only qualities are that Catherine is a psycho who just wants to have fun and Katherine is short tempered but wants to settle down. In general the game's writing has been pretty poor though, and I don't care about any of the characters even though I'm two-thirds through the game.

#36 Posted by rmanthorp (4010 posts) -

@UncleClassy said:

#37 Posted by Marokai (3066 posts) -
@Nottle said:
@tylerjacob said:

When it works I think it works better than other video game morality systems, but some of the choices I found a little ridiculous. I got sent into "chaos" (sort of the equivalent of "evil" but not really evil, per-say) for saying I liked cats over dogs, telling someone I didn't believe in an afterlife, telling a guy not to over-work himself and stay healthy, and for telling one of the sheep in the nightmare world to answer questions honestly. I restarted the game a couple times after those, since I figured if the game's questions were going to be stupid I may as well be unfair in response. Otherwise I enjoy the morality system. (And enjoy how your position on the morality meter will dictate Vincent's responses in many situations.)
#38 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

My big problem with the game's premise has been that I don't like either of the C/Katherines. I've been going the Katherine path because I find her less annoying than Catherine, and she usually apologizes later for being kind of a pain, but they're both just generally unlikable. You barely get to see either of them, and their only qualities are that Catherine is a psycho who just wants to have fun and Katherine is short tempered but wants to settle down. In general the game's writing has been pretty poor though, and I don't care about any of the characters even though I'm two-thirds through the game.

Really? The games writing is fantastic. Everyone feels down to earth, and the conversations that go on seem to be really natural. Also, whatchia doing playing what basically amount to a love sim game if you don't like the love interests?

#39 Posted by tyxja (281 posts) -

If you think the writing is poor and are surprised that you don't find yourself particularly liking either of the girls, you've probably never been in a long-term relationship. The game kind of throws you into the middle of one.

I didn't wake up with a stranger, but a less horrible version of what happens to Vincent happened to me, so I really relate to it.

#40 Edited by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Having not played a lick of the game, I'd stick with Katherine, if only because of my near-certainty that Catherine is some kind of evil succubus.

#41 Posted by GaspoweR (3178 posts) -

Oh boy...

#42 Edited by Chet_Rippo (236 posts) -

@Cornman89: Yeah but after Persona 4 there's got to be some intense plot twist, like Katherine turning out to be the demon. Or them being the same person and Vincent just being crazy.

Speaking of P4, I think someone needs to photoshop funky student into a screenshot somewhere going "DAYUM, BITCHES ARE CRAZY!" or something like that :D

#43 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (943 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: I liked the gameplay in the demo, and I really enjoyed Persona 4's writing so I figured Catherine's writing would be good too. A trailer can only show so much, and I assumed there'd be more to the characters than what was shown in the trailers, but there's not. The dialogue has been fine, but the story itself hasn't been interesting at all, and Vincent is just a really unlikable character. It's also got the Heavy Rain problem of making the protagonist feel bad about majorly screwing up, but the player not feeling the same way because this happened during a non-interactive cutscene. I can try as hard as I can to reject Catherine and patch things up with Katherine, but it doesn't matter because Vincent will still get drunk, wake up next to Catherine in the next cutscene, and continue to try to string both of them along in the hope that the problem with just resolve itself. Both girls will also continue to be completely uninteresting and only display the same two traits they have. (Catherine will want to have fun, Katherine will worry about the pregnancy/their marriage)
#44 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3108 posts) -

They've been together for what, 5 years?  At that point, Vincent really needs to either step up and commit to the relationship or break it off.  It's his own fault he's in the situation he's in, after all.  Katherine's probably fed up with his refusal to act his age, and Catherine seems like an easy escape from responsibility.

#45 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -
@Vadis: How about this: You are the succubus.

Hmm, what's that? Where's your mind right now? Better check, 'cause I think I just blew it.
#46 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
#47 Posted by LiquidPrince (16020 posts) -

@Taku128 said:

@LiquidPrince: I liked the gameplay in the demo, and I really enjoyed Persona 4's writing so I figured Catherine's writing would be good too. A trailer can only show so much, and I assumed there'd be more to the characters than what was shown in the trailers, but there's not. The dialogue has been fine, but the story itself hasn't been interesting at all, and Vincent is just a really unlikable character. It's also got the Heavy Rain problem of making the protagonist feel bad about majorly screwing up, but the player not feeling the same way because this happened during a non-interactive cutscene. I can try as hard as I can to reject Catherine and patch things up with Katherine, but it doesn't matter because Vincent will still get drunk, wake up next to Catherine in the next cutscene, and continue to try to string both of them along in the hope that the problem with just resolve itself. Both girls will also continue to be completely uninteresting and only display the same two traits they have. (Catherine will want to have fun, Katherine will worry about the pregnancy/their marriage)

Agree with all negative points. Plus cutscenes will change and Vincents responses will change due to what choices you make.

#48 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish: Oh hohohoho

#49 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

#50 Posted by VanTesla (246 posts) -

Let's face facts, Vincent is no saint and deserve's what he chooses. I like the fact you can have endings that have neither girls if you don't like them. Catherine's true ending is awsome for people that want Vincent to be more dark and cunning. I also like the bad endings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.