Model close up of Catherine and Vincent, plus a screen shot

#1 Posted by metalsnakezero (2291 posts) -
#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -
@metalsnakezero said:

" While great and all, the thing that interests me is the screen shot of the hands which was only shown very quickly in the trailer. What could it mean? And is it the thing that kills you in your dreams?"

Posted from our own wiki: 

In an article in the magazine Famitsu, it was stated that Vincent will not be alone in his nightmares and that he'll be encountering a large number of lambs. Vincent also starts to develop physical lamb-like properties, himself.  In a dream sequence, the lambs as well as Vincent are being chased by a giant pair of hands, one of them holding a blood-covered fork.     

We don't know much about what it is, but I'd guess it's just a nightmarish element and there'd be plenty more of them.
#3 Posted by metalsnakezero (2291 posts) -

Guess I missed reading that part. Well atleast we have a visual look of it now.

#4 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Jesus,those models look great.

#5 Posted by buzz_clik (6972 posts) -

I don't know if I'm late to the party on this one, but that picture of Catherine has made me realise that her hair makes her look like a sheep (well, a ram, more specifically). Couple this with the presence of ram men (no, not like this dude) in the trailer and I'm starting to worry. If this turns into a thing where you're having it off with a sheep who can assume hot human form, then so help me...

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -
@buzz_clik: You're right, her hair in that pic does make it look that way.  But I think your idea is wayy off base to what the story will actually be.
#7 Edited by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:

" I don't know if I'm late to the party on this one, but that picture of Catherine has made me realise that her hair makes her look like a sheep (well, a ram, more specifically). Couple this with the presence of ram men (no, not like this dude) in the trailer and I'm starting to worry. If this turns into a thing where you're having it off with a sheep who can assume hot human form, then so help me... "

Sounds like an awesome Saturday night for me.

@FluxWaveZ said:  

Posted from our own wiki: 

In an article in the magazine Famitsu, it was stated that Vincent will not be alone in his nightmares and that he'll be encountering a large number of lambs. Vincent also starts to develop physical lamb-like properties, himself.  In a dream sequence, the lambs as well as Vincent are being chased by a giant pair of hands, one of them holding a blood-covered fork.     

We don't know much about what it is, but I'd guess it's just a nightmarish element and there'd be plenty more of them. "
Oh man, i missed this in the Wiki... your getting chased by hands with a bloody fricken fork?.. Lamb chops anyone?
#8 Posted by xanavi (179 posts) -

It's probably been said before but even Vincent's hair reminds me of sheep. It looks quite soft and bushy.

And what's the significance of the Japanese in the top left of the "hands" screenshot? I can't make out the kanji, but the katakana says ゴールデン (golden). It's notable that it's in katakana and not kanji since there is definitely a Japanese word for golden already. If someone can make out the kanji then that'd be pretty swell!

#9 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

That's a damn fine looking screenshot. Thanks for the links man, I'm really excited for anything about Catherine at this point.

#10 Edited by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -

Catherine looks like a skinny Marilyn Monroe.

Also what does Vincent's shirt say?  I always thought it was RAVE, but RAPE is starting to seem more appropriate.  There's also RACE, RARE, RAGE and RATE.

#11 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2469 posts) -

The guy looks like Mugen from Samurai Shamploo and she looks like … a female Teddie from P4.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -
@xanavi said:

" It's probably been said before but even Vincent's hair reminds me of sheep. It looks quite soft and bushy.   And what's the significance of the Japanese in the top left of the "hands" screenshot? I can't make out the kanji, but the katakana says ゴールデン (golden). It's notable that it's in katakana and not kanji since there is definitely a Japanese word for golden already. If someone can make out the kanji then that'd be pretty swell! "

From andriasang: 

But here's one mystery you'll have to look closely in order to notice. Many of the screenshots released so far have a watermark-like graphic in their upper left. The text says "Golden Yugi Gekijou," or "Golden Game Theater." What could it mean?    

#13 Posted by xanavi (179 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Golden Game Theater eh? Looks like we're headed back into the TV!

It's a game show starring Vincent! Step right up, and try not to get stabbed by the giant fork.
#14 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Lookin' good.

#15 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

This game is starting to scare me a bit, but in a good way. 
I'm a big chicken for nightmare fuel though, so I'm hoping that's not where they're gonna take it.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -
@RockmanBionics said:
" This game is starting to scare me a bit, but in a good way. I'm a big chicken for nightmare fuel though, so I'm hoping that's not where they're gonna take it. "
I wouldn't be bothered much by nightmare fuel in the game, especially if it was implemented for "Game Over" screens and such.
#17 Posted by Darkpen (73 posts) -

Man, I love how the 3D looks so close to the 2D art. I'm enjoying this (slow) trend towards awesome 2D-styled facsimiles
#18 Posted by BigChief (503 posts) -
@Darkpen said:
" Man, I love how the 3D looks so close to the 2D art. I'm enjoying this (slow) trend towards awesome 2D-styled facsimiles "
Yeah, I'm excited to see something like that. And I'm also excited to see if they'll use this same style if they make another Persona game.
#19 Posted by afrofools (1341 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" I don't know if I'm late to the party on this one, but that picture of Catherine has made me realise that her hair makes her look like a sheep (well, a ram, more specifically). Couple this with the presence of ram men (no, not like this dude) in the trailer and I'm starting to worry. If this turns into a thing where you're having it off with a sheep who can assume hot human form, then so help me... "
Game based in New Zealand.
#20 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

My only problem with this game (all coming from that one trailer) is that the animated animation is very fluid, but the actual game animation is somewhat stiff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.