New Catherine video released

• 0 results
#1 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
#2 Posted by Allprox (534 posts) -

Jesus Christ, what the fuck did I just watch?

#3 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Still looks super fucking weird.  

I like it.

#4 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

Ok you thought the LAST trailer didn't make sense! haha! I hope someone translates this one too.
#5 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

"You got a mail"

#6 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Nice to see Atlus still out there making weird psychological games. 

#7 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

lol

#8 Edited by SubwayD (471 posts) -

That looks awesome! 

I'm gonna have to ice a sucka if this doesn't come over to the west. >:(

#9 Posted by wonderhare (350 posts) -

The bosses shown (if those are going to be bosses, anyway) look awesome. Creepy mecha baby? Oh, man.

#10 Posted by endaround (2136 posts) -

Hey what's not to like?

#11 Posted by Brodehouse (9521 posts) -

You got a mail.

#12 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Hopefully a translated version will appear soon.

#13 Posted by Rxanadu (503 posts) -
@Allprox said:
" Jesus Christ, what the fuck did I just watch? "
#14 Posted by bue255@hotmail.com (8 posts) -

Looks awesome!! Also Vincent is definitely getting a booty call in that last scene!

#15 Posted by Brians (1455 posts) -

I think it looks cool personally liked Vincent with horns.

#16 Posted by Ivos (79 posts) -

So one's called Catherine the other is called Katherine? 

All of it looks ingame, which is sweet. Nice shaders there, but the animation doesn't look all that improved from P4.
Colour me intrigued.

#17 Posted by siln (81 posts) -

Oh Atlus.  Don't ever change.

#18 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

ANTAGONIST

GAME OVER SEQUENCE (1)

GAME OVER SEQUENCE (2)

KATHERINE BOSS/ENEMY
Notice how she (the boss) has glasses and has hair resembling Katherine's.  She's also a female because she's got boobs. 

VINCENT BOSS/ENEMY
Obviously, it resembles him and the resemblance has been mentioned in a few articles. 

VINCENT'S BABY BOSS/ENEMY
I think that these enemies are the twisted manifestations of elements from Vincent's thoughts/imagination—a common theme of what appears in nightmares.  This boss is a horrific metal baby, so I think that this is supposed to be the nightmarish version of Vincent's thoughts on his possible child. 

"No clue" Boss/Enemy
It has the same body and weapon(s) as "Vincent's Baby Boss", but the face is obviously not the same.  Maybe it's its 2nd form or something. 

Boss/Enemy
This thing's messed up.  But for some reason, it reminds me of nudity or sensuality in some type of fucked up form, so I'm going with that. 

Women = Vincent's Doom
Just a thing I noticed.  In the painting behind Vincent you can see that he's suspended on a cross of the female symbol.
#19 Posted by dbz1995 (4789 posts) -

I'll watch it after Kiss the Girl finishes. Looking forward to it!

#20 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@endaround said:
" Hey what's not to like?

"
oh jesus
#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Also a kind of shining door/portal can be seen in two of the boss sequences.  I think that Vincent must reach those kinds of illuminated openings so he can awaken from his nightmare.

#22 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @endaround said:

"
oh jesus "
What in the hell?
#23 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
"

It has the same body and weapon(s) as "Vincent's Baby Boss", but the face is obviously not the same.  Maybe it's its 2nd for or something. 

Boss/Enemy
  But for some reason, it reminds me of nudity or sensuality in some type of fucked up form,

maybe that reason is because that thing is a reversed butt with eyes and a tongue coming out of the anus  and it has a second mouth and arms and legs and baby jesus that thing is fucking terrifying
#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
@mutha3: Yeah.  It also looks like it has two pairs of breasts and it's the color of human skin.
#25 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

" @mutha3: Yeah.  It also looks like it has two pairs of breasts and it's the color of human skin. "

Seriously though, I love that design. The Katherine-Bride thing and the mecha-chainsaw Fetus look pretty rad as well, but the butt-tongue monster is......wow.

Its one of the creepiest monster designs I've ever seen. And I mean outside of videogames too! Nice job, Soejima :)
#26 Posted by OmegaChosen (644 posts) -

I'm liking the style of this game more and more. I wonder if gameplay will be just as crazy.

#27 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

haha, oh man, you can see what's written on the side of Vincent's jacket a minute in.

''Itallian stallion since 2009"

Awesome.

#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
@mutha3: Actually, "Italian Stallion rider equipments since 2009", but yeah, that's funny.
#29 Posted by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -

Now things are getting really strange.
@mutha3 said:

" @endaround said:

"
oh jesus "

Oh dear O_o
#30 Posted by ch3burashka (4992 posts) -

I haven't heard or read any news on Catherine from the common blogs, thanks for pointing me towards this. It still looks as fascinating as when it was announced. Crossing my fingers for a swift localization and swift release.

#31 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

Liking how crazy and freaky this game looks.

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Quick translation from Destructoid: 

Katherine:

Hey, did you hear?

Lately I've felt like calling my folks just randomly, why is that?

I guess I shouldn't go around hiding it, right?

*Text flashes along, such as "True Love?" and "Choices in Life"*

*Vincent gets an email*

Vincent:

Woah! What's...with that pose?!

#33 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

Does anyone know what type of game it is yet?  RPG? Action game?

#34 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
" lol "
Never before have my thoughts been summed up so accurately and succinctly 

Well done
#35 Posted by endaround (2136 posts) -
@Quacktastic said:
" Does anyone know what type of game it is yet?  RPG? Action game? "
Its not an RPG.  After that?  ummmm.....
#36 Posted by DarkShaper (1319 posts) -
@Quacktastic said:
A video type game, I think that's all we know.
#37 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
@endaround said:
" @Quacktastic said:
Its not an RPG.  After that?  ummmm..... "
Action/Adventure Horror.  Guys, it's written right at the top of our wiki.
#38 Posted by endaround (2136 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: But action/adventure could be just about anything.  It is an action platformer like say Sly Cooper?  Is it a 3rd person melee action game?  Is it a Silent Hill type action/adventure?  Add in visual novels often being described as adventure games and you have little to go on.
#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
@endaround: Yeah, we have practically no info on the specifics.  All we know is that this most probably will be played in 3rd person.
#40 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I'm liking the enemy design and the general weirdness of the trailer. I don't think I'll ever get bored of Vincent's freaking-out face.

#41 Edited by DonutFever (3548 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Katherine Boss/Enemy was detailed somewhere, And the "No Clue" and Baby one are the same, because if you look at the Baby pic, there's a split in the middle of it's face, and under you can see the face of "No Clue". 

EDIT: Re-Watched Trailer: 
1: His eyes get open more than any human beings should on the poster and, at 0:56, and his eyes tune all demonic at 0:28, sign of crazier stuff? 
2: People mentioned seeing a Italian Stallion joke, where's that at?
#42 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
@DonutFever: The Katherine-looking enemy had been detailed in initial Famitsu scans, but we never got to see the enemy in detail before now.  Now, with this trailer, it's safe to assume that it's a representation of Katherine.  Also, yeah, I suspected that the boss that resembled the baby one was the same thing, I just don't have a clue to why it looks that way.  I'm trying to see the themes behind the design of each boss. 

I'm not sure which text you're referring to near the end of the video, but if it's the subtitles for what Vincent's saying, it's this: 

Vincent:

Woah! What's...with that pose?!

If you're talking about what's with the Studio 4C text, I'm sure it's just boring company info.
#43 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@DonutFever said:

" @FluxWaveZ: 2: People mentioned seeing a Italian Stallion joke, where's that at? "

One minute in, the side of his jacket reads:

''Italian Stallion 
 Rider Equipments
 Since 2009.''
#44 Posted by DonutFever (3548 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: I was talking about what Vincent was saying, thanks. 
Just realized that there's been kind of a Kojima-Esque joke at the end of both trailers.
#45 Posted by MisterMouse (3539 posts) -

Haha that looks crazy, and fun, and a bit more crazy

#46 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
@DonutFever said:
" 1: His eyes get open more than any human beings should on the poster and, at 0:56, and his eyes tune all demonic at 0:28, sign of crazier stuff? "
His eyes don't get demonic, they quickly transform into looking like a goat's eye and then revert to being human.  It's a sign of his transformation occurring outside of the dream world, just like that dead burned guy that we've seen in two trailers now who has goat's eyes in the real world.
#47 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

You got a mail!  Also Giant robot babies with chainsaws...  and ass-faces.

#48 Posted by JJWeatherman (14555 posts) -

Looks like a crazy Japanese roller coaster. Perfect.

#49 Posted by ChrisTaran (1555 posts) -

Every little piece of information that comes out for this game gets me more and more excited. May need to import this one.  My Japanese is pretty poor, but it's going to be worth not waiting the 6-12 months Atlus USA will take to get this thing stateside!

Also, nice trailer analysis @FluxWaveZ !

#50 Edited by metalsnakezero (2286 posts) -

Now let watch this Trailer in HD 
 http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-catherine/704757

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.