New Details!

#1 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

They announced that part of the gameplay is outside of the dream world, and you have to send texts to Catherine and Katherine. They also said that eventually Vincent's bar buddies will also have the dreams. What do you think? 
http://www.1up.com/news/catherine-love-triangle-hell

#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

This game sounds better and better.

#3 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

OLD NEWS

#4 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
@sagesebas: The link has a lot of old news, but I hadn't seen the texting/bar-buddy stuff before today.
#5 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@DonutFever: You're right
#6 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

I have no doubt in my mind that this game will be absolutely bat shit crazy.

Anime is for jerks my ass.

#7 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

More Catherine info! Today is a good day. The texting stuff seems like an interesting mechanic and it sounds like you might be doing some investigating of the murders? Either way looks great.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Interesting.  I thought that Vincent would be the only one he knew experiencing the nightmares and he would have to keep it to himself to not seem crazy around his friends or something.  If his friends also experience it and discuss about their nightmares together, it might make for a situation similar to Persona 4's investigation team. 

It's nice that we finally get a hint of what the gameplay will be like outside of the dream world.  It seems that you'll be able to choose which girl you want to converse more with as opposed to the other, which will probably influence the story and the game's ending.

#9 Edited by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

Alright, I'm officially never going to 1up again. Last two times I went to the site including now, it's frozen up. Yesterday it froze for about 5 minutes before crashing my browser completely. 

Still hyped for this game, although I still have no clue what the heck it'll be.

#10 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -

Cool, I wonder if the tower in the nightmares will be randomly generated like Persona is famous for. It's interesting that there still hasn't been a peep about the actual combat, if any. The enemies in the few videos look pretty bad ass, dealing with them should be at worst just as interesting as P3/4, even if the gameplay is different.

#11 Posted by endaround (2138 posts) -
@natetodamax: It crashed my browser too, there is no excuse for that. 

Silliconera mentions that thre is a bit more about gameplay-running away from monsters.
#12 Edited by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
@natetodamax: Probably has to do with the redesign.  

I'm kind of wondering how texting gameplay works. Probably dialogue options.
#13 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Oooh that sounds pretty interesting. Good to know that I won't be entirely confined to roving about in my underwear during nightmare sequences.

#14 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -
@DonutFever said:
" @natetodamax: Probably has to do with the redesign. "
Yeah, that stupid Javascript blue bar that follows as you scroll down is nothing but trouble. Giantbomb did that for a little while with a tiny box on the right, and they learned from that mistake pretty quickly.
#15 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

Oh man... now I gotta think about what texts i wanna send to these ladies? XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.