So here's what's up with the story!

#1 Posted by LiquidPrince (15852 posts) -

According to Kotaku:

The back story for the game, like many Persona titles, involves urban legends and murder. Young men have been found dead in their beds, terrified expressions frozen on their faces. Rumors have begun to surface that if you begin to have a nightmare you must wake up immediately or die. The game starts off with Vincent, our lanky hero, hanging out at a bar with Katherine. Having dated for five years, Katherine suggests the pair gets married. Vincent freezes, as men often do. Then a mysterious girl named Catherine enters the bar and takes a seat next to Vincent. He ends up taking her home and sleeping with her. You can see bits of this in the opening trailer we posted last month. Then the nightmares begin. 

Sounds great. It sounds like a true successor to Persona, and I really do want it. Next generation Persona spin off sounds amazing.

#2 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Is this our next Endurance Run??? PLLLLEEEEAASSSSEEEE!?

#3 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

That's a really cool premise! If we can't have Persona 5, I'll take this!

#4 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna: Jeff explicitly said that they never intend to be doing ERs of Atlus games.
#5 Posted by papercut (3451 posts) -

I was expecting something a little more bat shit crazy but I'm sure there's more to it then that. Still interested in this game.

#6 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

Sounds good. North American release please.

#7 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" @JoeRiccadonna: Jeff explicitly said that they never intend to be doing ERs of Atlus games. "

Hm. Ah well. I wonder what the next ER is gonna be about.... Hope it comes out soon.
#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@lead_farmer said:
" Sounds good. North American release please. "
My most hyped game next to The Last Guardian!
#9 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -
#10 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

That sounds awesome. Too bad it's going to be a while before we get it.

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Weird that they're posting an article on that just because of the official website's update when that information was known already.

#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Sounds good so far.

#13 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

Interesting. I'm still saying the "Catherine is a succubus" theory sounds like it may hold some water.

#14 Posted by BombKareshi (996 posts) -

Katherine and Catherine?

#15 Posted by LiquidPrince (15852 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
" Interesting. I'm still saying the "Catherine is a succubus" theory sounds like it may hold some water. "
Hot?
#16 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Gamer_152 said:
" Interesting. I'm still saying the "Catherine is a succubus" theory sounds like it may hold some water. "
Hot? "
Not as hot as the sheep people Liquid, not as hot as the sheep people.
#17 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2588 posts) -

The premise would sound good, but the video and imagery shown so far makes the whole thing look like it will be as subtle as a jack-hammer.  I don't mind strange stories, but when they are expressed with such over the top melodramas trappings it turns me off.   It’s like saying, "We going to portray an urban love story!"  But then they show you two mangy alley cats 'doing it' while yowling and scratching each other.   

#18 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

why is everyone hyped for this weird game again ?

#19 Posted by Animasta (14650 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" why is everyone hyped for this weird game again ? "
persona team, duh?
#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" why is everyone hyped for this weird game again ? "
persona team, duh? "
and ?
#22 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -
@lead_farmer said:
" Sounds good. North American release please. "
And Europe too please... :(
#23 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@drag said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: Because it sounds and looks brilliant, the story is genuinely interesting and it's got a fantastic development team behind it, what more do you want? The question should be, why are you grumping up the place with your sneery excitement-shitting? "
im not! im wondering why there's such hype about a weird japanese game. its not usual, u know ? usually its an american AAA title 
sounds and looks brilliant? all i see is an odd looking sex driven game, but to each his own
#24 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

I swear this needs a simultaneous release for other regions, i guarantee the bizarre and spoilerific plot points would reach me here before the game does :(

#25 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @drag said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: Because it sounds and looks brilliant, the story is genuinely interesting and it's got a fantastic development team behind it, what more do you want? The question should be, why are you grumping up the place with your sneery excitement-shitting? "
im not! im wondering why there's such hype about a weird japanese game. its not usual, u know ? usually its an american AAA title sounds and looks brilliant? all i see is an odd looking sex driven game, but to each his own "
Because you're on a site where one of the best features of all time was an 100+ hour endurance run of a game made by these same people. Was it really that hard to put together?
#26 Posted by gexecuter (191 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" @JoeRiccadonna: Jeff explicitly said that they never intend to be doing ERs of Atlus games. "
Jeff says a lot of things, he'll probably change his stance once we are closer to the US release date or that's what i hope :D
#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@gexecuter said:
" @Afroman269 said:
Jeff says a lot of things, he'll probably change his stance once we are closer to the US release date or that's what i hope :D "
Don't count on it.
#29 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
im not! im wondering why there's such hype about a weird japanese game. its not usual, u know ? usually its an american AAA title sounds and looks brilliant? all i see is an odd looking sex driven game, but to each his own "
Mostly because ATLUS has and continues to make fantastic games. Hard to obscure RPG's that are good from start to end with great story lines and remember-able characters. ATLUS though a small company (now merged) still time and time again delivers, thus is why all the hype, with ATLUS there is no guessing if this will be good or bad, you know it will be good, HOW GOOD is the question.

Maybe you should look more into the game, sex is focused, but I wouldn't let something like that put you off, it's about adult relationships and sometimes they aren't so black and white, with a nightmare/horror/ATLUS twist to it lol
#30 Posted by gexecuter (191 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @gexecuter said:
" @Afroman269 said:
Jeff says a lot of things, he'll probably change his stance once we are closer to the US release date or that's what i hope :D "
Don't count on it. "

If Giant Bomb doesn't make an ER of Catherine i will shave your initials into my body hair*

*I may not have the body hair necessary to complete this bet.
#31 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @drag said:
Because it's from Atlas and it looks dope. I'm not sure how to explain it better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.