Some new gameplay footage

  • 70 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by luce (4056 posts) -

  

 
 
I still don't know what to make of the gameplay
#2 Posted by sterbacblu (271 posts) -

Decided to pre-order this today.  I haven't imported anything in about three years, but I have insanely high hopes for this game.

#3 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

Gameplay looks basically like fast paced puzzles based on those cube grids. Looks good enough to keep me interested. What I'm really looking for is the insane story anyway.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14818 posts) -

all I have to say is...
 
LOVE IS OVER.

#5 Posted by Rayfield (2274 posts) -

Game looks batshit crazy. Now totally interested.
#6 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (761 posts) -

I am very intrigued now. This looks fucking amazing. 

#7 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5272 posts) -

Got my Japanese account ready for the demo!

#8 Posted by RTSlord (1227 posts) -

this looks batshit crazy and i continue to have no idea what the fuck is going on/this game is about

#9 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (678 posts) -
@A_Cute_Squirtle said:
" I am very intrigued now. This looks fucking amazing.  "
Agreed...this is a day one purchase and another fine title from ATLUS xD
#10 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

GIANT.  

 

FUCKING. 

 

FORKS.

#11 Posted by Sumbog (541 posts) -

That game is mad Japanese, also fact: all goats speak japanese.

#12 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1691 posts) -

Even though I have no clue what is going on I find myself more and more interested.

#13 Posted by Animasta (14818 posts) -

think this'll be gold only for the demo, for 360? I don't own a PS3 and I really want to try it out for myself D:

#14 Posted by PillClinton (3340 posts) -

batshit insane awesomeness at its Japanese finest

#15 Posted by dietmango (1701 posts) -

Definitely excited. Too bad I gots no Japanese account...

#16 Posted by benjaebe (2870 posts) -

The closer this gets to release the more I want this game. Goddamn. A US or EU release date could not get announced fast enough.

#17 Posted by MistaSparkle (2283 posts) -

Not what I expected the gameplay to be at all. Very interesting though...

#18 Posted by Lavapotamus (203 posts) -

No idea what I just watched, but it was definitely disturbing. I think I'm more creeped out by this than I am by Dead Space.

#19 Posted by animathias (1207 posts) -

Nightmare-based puzzles? If that's what it is, that's actually a really cool premise for a game. Though the insane story it'll be wrapped in makes me want the game now.

#20 Posted by ch3burashka (5472 posts) -

At least we finally get some gameplay. Still no clue what the fuck it's about or how it works, which I think is a real testament to the group making it. 4-5 trailers in, and I'm still lost (even with a few of them fan-translated). I hope it does really well for them. I hope they bring it to the States, but my doubt increases with each passing day - this is borderline otaku material. No one in their right, conservative, America-fuck-yea mind will give it a second thought here. 
 
I'm off to go import the game now... and learn Japanese.

#21 Posted by StarvingGamer (8890 posts) -

What?

#22 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2829 posts) -

I think I am more confused now then when I knew nothing of the game.

#23 Posted by ___pocalypse (566 posts) -

Man that looks so frakkin creepy. The gameplay actually looks pretty fun, though IDK if I'd be able to hang with the scary parts. 

#24 Posted by ChrisTaran (1752 posts) -

Only a week or so until I expect the demo and then only about another month till I get to play the full release. 
 
This year is off to a good start!

#25 Posted by mutha3 (5025 posts) -

This looks amazing. I'm glad it seems to be a fullblown platformer
 
In Atlus, we trust.

#26 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -

Yeah, pretty much what I was expecting. Seems that you'll need to operate pretty fast to avoid being killed during the puzzles and I guess one of the downsides of getting Vincent drunk to go faster during the nightmares is that he'll go so fast that it will be hard for the player to control him and avoid upcoming danger.

#27 Posted by SonKite (78 posts) -

I hoped for an RPG, will proably not be released in the west.
#28 Posted by Animasta (14818 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" At least we finally get some gameplay. Still no clue what the fuck it's about or how it works, which I think is a real testament to the group making it. 4-5 trailers in, and I'm still lost (even with a few of them fan-translated). I hope it does really well for them. I hope they bring it to the States, but my doubt increases with each passing day - this is borderline otaku material. No one in their right, conservative, America-fuck-yea mind will give it a second thought here.  I'm off to go import the game now... and learn Japanese. "
Atlus fans will: why would they make a 360 version if they had no interest to release it here?
#29 Posted by stinky (1563 posts) -
@sterbacblu said:
" Decided to pre-order this today.  I haven't imported anything in about three years, but I have insanely high hopes for this game. "
wait, this game is coming to NA as a normal release no?
#30 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@stinky said:
" @sterbacblu said:
" Decided to pre-order this today.  I haven't imported anything in about three years, but I have insanely high hopes for this game. "
wait, this game is coming to NA as a normal release no? "
I think it probably will. But there are some people who want to play it asap so they'll import it.
#31 Posted by endaround (2233 posts) -

I'm assuming the Asian version (not the Japanese one ) doesn't have English subtitles but anyone know for sure?

#32 Posted by sterbacblu (271 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @stinky said:
" @sterbacblu said:
" Decided to pre-order this today.  I haven't imported anything in about three years, but I have insanely high hopes for this game. "
wait, this game is coming to NA as a normal release no? "
I think it probably will. But there are some people who want to play it asap so they'll import it. "
Yeah there's no official word on a NA release yet.  I was fairly committed to importing this as soon as I saw it.  I think there's a good chance it'll have an English release eventually as it seems Atlus doesn't have a huge slate of games this year, but I could be wrong.
#33 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1206 posts) -

So when's the demo coming?

#34 Posted by Cerogravian (382 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Yeah, pretty much what I was expecting. Seems that you'll need to operate pretty fast to avoid being killed during the puzzles and I guess one of the downsides of getting Vincent drunk to go faster during the nightmares is that he'll go so fast that it will be hard for the player to control him and avoid upcoming danger. "
I was under the impression that the drunken speed boost would be only positive in the nightmare world, but that the stumbling and, well, general drunken behaviour that would happen before you slept would have an impact on the other parts of the game.
Regardless, this is all in line with the information we've been juggling here, and it looks so great.
 
...Just too bad that I kind of suck at the "fast"-bit, even though I love the puzzly atmosphere I know that my reflexes will probably finish love an insane amount of times...
#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -
@Cerogravian: I bet that there will be other negatives to getting Vincent drunk in the real world, but I can also imagine having him go faster than usual could also be hard to control and you'd need to also avoid upcoming trap blocks or other dangerous blocks faster as Vincent moves rapidly.
#36 Edited by mutha3 (5025 posts) -
@endaround said:

" I'm assuming the Asian version (not the Japanese one ) doesn't have English subtitles but anyone know for sure? "

I wouldn't count on it
 
Atlus has never done that before, their localization teams are US based and they(from what they said) don't really like putting out games with subs.
 

@Cerogravian

said:

" ...Just too bad that I kind of suck at the "fast"-bit, even though I love the puzzly atmosphere I know that my reflexes will probably finish love an insane amount of times... "

Yeah, I love platformers, but love will end a lotta times between the two of us:(
#37 Posted by Cerogravian (382 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:  I don't doubt it might be harder to control Vincent in that state, I just meant that I doubt that the developers would consider it as a real negative element, but then again, what do I know ;)
#38 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (1006 posts) -

 
There is no way I will import this though, I would love to but common sense seems to be winning out for some odd reason.
#39 Posted by Enigma777 (6224 posts) -

Wait, so it's a puzzler? Meh, I just lost all interest...

#40 Posted by TwilitEnd656 (610 posts) -

... Puzzle/platformer?
 
Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

#41 Posted by CornBREDX (6330 posts) -

I'd buy that if they release it in the US. That looks really crazy and I like crazy stuff.

#42 Posted by chickengeorgewashington (191 posts) -

I love me some puzzle games and I love me some bizarreness even more. Still looking forward to this!

#43 Posted by ryoma122 (729 posts) -

i will take a guess and say you can play this game 100 times and probibly never totaly no wtf is going on but i will totaly get it if and when an english port comes or i learn japanese wat ever comes first lol

#44 Posted by Catolf (2788 posts) -

this is what I got my Japanese account for so i can't wait for the demo, I hope this hits NA, I'd like an announcement ATLUS! *goes to browse ATLUS forums*

#45 Posted by BeachThunder (12991 posts) -

The general story seems quite crazy/interesting, but it looks like there's a huge dissonance between the story elements and the gameplay =/

#46 Posted by natetodamax (19415 posts) -

Bananas.

#48 Posted by mutha3 (5025 posts) -
@drag: People who dismiss the block puzzle gameplay are crazy as hell, Intelligent qube was the shit.
#49 Posted by effache (162 posts) -

Oh god, I can't wait for the US release of this. If there's any kind of subtitle support I may end up importing the PS3 version early, that gameplay trailer sold me so hard

#50 Edited by DonutFever (3769 posts) -

Seems to be much more 3D than I was expecting, especially at about 1:24. 
EDIT: Also, at 0:41, music sounds a little bit like this to me: 
  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.