The first thing I noticed about Vincent.

#1 Posted by papercut (3501 posts) -

So this is probably the least weird thing about the game Catherine, but It's been nagging at me. 

Dudes hair. 

First thing I thought when I saw it was "hey, that looks a lot like Spikes hair from Cowboy Bebop, or perhaps Mugen from Samurai Champloo. Come to think of it, they had the same voice actor too. I wonder what the chances of this guy having the same guy as well." Sure enough, on the Catherine page, the Japanese voice actor is the same guy who did Spikes voice. 

So I ask you, what are the chances that Steve Blum, the english voice actor, will continue this hair-to-voice connection. And why does this connection even exist? Am I missing something here? Is there some sort of Steve Blum conspiracy? Should I stop clipping my nails and start collecting my urine in jars? Am I asking to many questions? Am I next?! What was I talking about?

#2 Posted by Jazz (2281 posts) -

I noticed that too...also that he can open his mouth really wide. 
I mean...really WIDE. 

#3 Posted by dprabon (315 posts) -
@papercut: I thought the same thing.  This is awesome.  I loved Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.  This game should be good.
#4 Posted by Pepsiman (2481 posts) -

Atlus actually has a bit of a history of doing this with their character designs and voice actors, where if they get a prominent person to voice a role of some sort in their game, they'll design the character accordingly to resemble someone recognizable as a bit of a wink-and-a-nod sort of thing. Persona 3 and 4, for example, somewhat did this with Igor. Although the character himself has existed since long before the games got any large amounts of voice acting, the guy who did his Japanese voice, Isamu Tanonaka, was pretty well-known for voicing a similarly old guy who also had an equally prominent eye.

#5 Posted by LiquidPrince (15969 posts) -
@Jazz said:
" I noticed that too...also that he can open his mouth really wide. I mean...really WIDE.  "
You mean REALLY WIDE.
#6 Posted by EliminatoR (237 posts) -

Yeah,I almost feel like I knew the guy from somewhere.And I don't watch anime that often.

#7 Posted by Brodehouse (9975 posts) -

There goes my hopes of Vincent being played by Nolan North.  With Yuri Lowenthal and Troy Baker as his two friends.

#8 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:
" There goes my hopes of Vincent being played by Nolan North.  With Yuri Lowenthal and Troy Baker as his two friends. "
There's still the chance that the rest of the characters will be voiced by Nolan...
#9 Posted by Brodehouse (9975 posts) -
@MaFoLu said:
" @Brodehouse said:
" There goes my hopes of Vincent being played by Nolan North.  With Yuri Lowenthal and Troy Baker as his two friends. "
There's still the chance that the rest of the characters will be voiced by Nolan... "
All of them?  Fantastic.
#10 Posted by Beforet (2922 posts) -

How did I know this would be bout the fro?

#11 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:
" @MaFoLu said:
" @Brodehouse said:
There's still the chance that the rest of the characters will be voiced by Nolan... "
All of them?  Fantastic. "
Absolutely, Nolan North talking to Nolan North when Nolan North comes into the room and starts talking to the other two Nolan Norths's. 
That could be pretty good.
#12 Edited by T0mF5 (929 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:

" @Jazz said:

" I noticed that too...also that he can open his mouth really wide. I mean...really WIDE.  "

You mean REALLY WIDE. "
                                                                             I am making this my profile pic.
 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
#13 Posted by Jazz (2281 posts) -
@T0mF5 said:
" @LiquidPrince said:

" @Jazz said:

You mean REALLY WIDE. "
 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
"
ahh my new avatar. Many thanks
#14 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -
@Jazz: DUDER!
#15 Edited by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@MaFoLu said:

" @Brodehouse said:

" @MaFoLu said:
" @Brodehouse said:
All of them?  Fantastic. "
Absolutely, Nolan North talking to Nolan North when Nolan North comes into the room and starts talking to the other two Nolan Norths's. That could be pretty good. "
Nah, I want my Steve Blum, Yuri Lowenthal, Crispen Freeman and hopefully some Johnny Yong Bosh.
#16 Posted by Jazz (2281 posts) -
@T0mF5 said:
" @Jazz: DUDER! "
oh hell no. 
Right..we be patenting this. Just you and me. 
Anyone else gets Shiv'd 
Deal?
#17 Edited by T0mF5 (929 posts) -
@Jazz said:
" @T0mF5 said:
" @Jazz: DUDER! "
oh hell no. Right..we be patenting this. Just you and me. Anyone else gets Shiv'd Deal? "
Only if they get Shanked instead.
#18 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

The first think I thought was he looked like a 20 year old Dojima.

#19 Posted by LiquidPrince (15969 posts) -
@T0mF5 said:
" @LiquidPrince said:

" @Jazz said:

You mean REALLY WIDE. "
 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
"
Om nom nom nom.
#20 Posted by papercut (3501 posts) -
@Beforet said:
" How did I know this would be bout the fro? "
great minds think alike? 

I wonder if he is related to Funky Student.
#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19355 posts) -

I hope Steve Blum's his voice actor; that'd be great.  But I'm sure that the voice actors for an eventual English version will be great, given Atlus' history with that aspect (except for Fuuka).

#22 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" I hope Steve Blum's his voice actor; that'd be great.  But I'm sure that the voice actors for an eventual English version will be great, given Atlus' history with that aspect (except for Fuuka). "
It could be a givin' that Laura Bailey will be in on this as either the girlfriend or Catherine herself if this get's a US release. She's too good of a VA not too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.