Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

The music...

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By huntad

..is so damn good! Anyone else really appreciating the 'remixed classical' theme the game goes for? There are some songs off of the soundtrack that I just had to have to carry around with me. Sorry if this was already discussed. On that note, I love how Atlus has been providing the physical soundtrack with their games.  

Favorite song: Little Fugue in G Minor  

Have a favorite?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Of course the music is great, it's Meguro. 

My favorite remixed song, other than Little Fugue in G Minor, is probably this one: 

My favorite original track is: "It's a Golden Show".
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#3  Edited By donutfever

Favourite "Remixed Classical": Funeral March 
    Favourite Original Song: Lamb Game

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By korolev

The Music is good. Personally I prefer the Jazz tracks to the classical music, but it's all pretty damn good. I think it's good game - I didn't like some of the puzzle sections so much, and I wish it had lasted longer, but Atlus did not slouch on this project - they tried to make something really good, and it mostly succeeded.

Having said that, I can totally understand why some people would hate Catherine. You definitely spend most of your time pushing blocks - I would have preferred more story. Both Catherine and Katherine weren't very well characterised (Katherine in particular is mostly shoved aside for Catherine and Vincent's buddies during the whole game) and the Stray Sheep does get boring. The game needed shorter, but more frequent puzzles interspersed with longer cut scenes. I applaud what Atlus have done, but it doesn't meet the heights I thought it would. It's no Persona, I'll say that much - and not just in terms of gameplay.

But yeah, really digging the Soundtrack - Also Sprach Brooks is undoubtedly my favourite of track. I also really like the one by Bizet. But on the other hand, I really, really got sick of Polovtsian Dances by Borodin. Because the stage that plays that music is a long one, I started to really get tired of hearing the "Bud duh, buh duh, buh duh, buh duh, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh buh duh, buh duh, buh duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh". You know what I'm talking about.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Master_Funk

Shoji meguro is by far my favourite video game composer so not surpised about the quality. However I dont think the soundtrack is as good as previous, especially P3 and 4. Some songs get a little dull after a while but still liking it as a whole.

Favourites are ' its a golden show' and 'Also Sprach Brooks'.

Great melodies

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By huntad
    @Korolev:  I understand what you mean, because that has happened in other games. However, I can't say that happened to me in this game. Classical seems to help calm me when doing the puzzles, so I still enjoyed hearing the tracks over and over. BUT, if I had to pick one that was played a bit much, I'd have to agree with you.

@FluxWaveZ: That one is my second favorite. Golden show is definitely good too! I just like all of it! 

@Slayer22 I actually just started P3 and P4 is on the way from amazon. I'm not too far in, but I'll report back here if I really dig the music. Catherine got me into P3/4 believe it or not. After those two, I'll move onto the Devil Summoner and DDS games!
    RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By RainVillain

Ordered the full soundtrack from Play-Asia. So excited. Perhaps my favourite thing about the entire game!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MikeGosot

Anyone knows the name of the song in this video?   

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.