this is a fan made analysis of the Catherine trailer

#1 Edited by momosauky1 (148 posts) -
#2 Posted by momosauky1 (148 posts) -

i have no idea why the player is not working but clicking the link should take you to the page with the video on it

#3 Posted by momosauky1 (148 posts) -
@Axxol: some predictions seem pretty accurate while others look like complete shots in the dark
#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

This isn't really an analysis of any particular Catherine trailer, but more like a compilation of all the information we have at the moment.  A few comments:
 

The restaurant where Vincent hangs out with his friends is called the Stray Sheep. 

Didn't notice that.
 

So far, the waitress Erica, is the only side character whose name is known. 

I have no idea at all where the guy who made the video got that information.

Several things point towards Catherine taking place in a Western setting. 

That's interesting, but I doubt it because of the food Vincent and his friends eat in the trailers.

as Vincent appears unarmed. 

It seems kind of obvious that his weapon will be his pillow...
 

Also, the room Vincent "dies" in doesn't appear to be his own apartment.

I hadn't thought of the dead person being Vincent, but just a random victim of the nightmare world.  That theory is also supported by the fact that it doesn't look like the corpse is in Vincent's apartment.

Italian Stallion (don't know what this means. ->) 

I like to think that it's a reference to Giant Bomb's own Vinny Caravella.
#5 Posted by momosauky1 (148 posts) -

haha not many people know of vinny caravella's clothing brand 

#6 Edited by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

I knew that the Waitress would be fairly important as she's in both trailers. 
EDIT: Noticed that the song in the analysis extends past the clip from the trailer. Is there a longer version, and if so where can I find it?

#7 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Watching the Analysis, there's a shot that shows Erica's nametag. 
#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -
@DonutFever said:
" EDIT: Noticed that the song in the analysis extends past the clip from the trailer. Is there a longer version, and if so where can I find it? "
Official site for Catherine. 
 
@DonutFever said:
" Watching the Analysis, there's a shot that shows Erica's nametag.  "
Hm, I suppose I'll watch that trailer again and look out for that.
#9 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:


Italian Stallion (don't know what this means. ->) 

I like to think that it's a reference to Giant Bomb's own Vinny Caravella. "
Actually, I'm pretty sure he's implying Vincent is dead at the start of Catherine. the place with the shriveled corpse(he assumes is vincent) is not the same place as the apartment we see him alive in the trailers combined with the fact that his  Jacked reads "since 2009"(again, he's assuming Catherine takes place in 2010).
 
I doubt it, though.
#10 Posted by Deusoma (3006 posts) -

I think the Vincent being dead thing is way off. They would have made it far more obvious if the game were going to be a "play the last week of this guy's life" kind of thing, played that up. That's just a random guy who died the same way Vincent would if the player screws up.

#11 Edited by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@mutha3 said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure he's implying Vincent is dead at the start of Catherine. the place with the shriveled corpse(he assumes is vincent) is not the same place as the apartment we see him alive in the trailers combined with the fact that his  Jacked reads "since 2009"(again, he's assuming Catherine takes place in 2010). I doubt it, though. "

@Deusoma said:

" I think the Vincent being dead thing is way off. They would have made it far more obvious if the game were going to be a "play the last week of this guy's life" kind of thing, played that up. That's just a random guy who died the same way Vincent would if the player screws up. "

Actually, I don't think it's far off. Considering the corpse does look like him perhaps it's a possible ending (this is supposed to have multiple) and could be the really bad ending, where your just dead, and that would be a what happens and the news is covering it.
 
But it could also be one of the many students that are coming up dead that Vincent and his 'gang' are looking into, to stop their own dreams of going up stairs endlessly  so the don't end with the same fate.
#12 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@Catolf: Students? Did I miss something?
#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -
@DonutFever said:
" @Catolf: Students? Did I miss something? "
As far as I know, there have been no specific reference to students being particularly involved in the story.
#14 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @DonutFever said:
" @Catolf: Students? Did I miss something? "
As far as I know, there have been no specific reference to students being particularly involved in the story. "
My apologies, I read "Rash of sudden deaths" as "Rash of student deaths"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.