Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Troy Baker laying down....the baked....goods

• 91 results
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mutha3

i apologize for the thread title

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-Baker/35058755892

Troy Baker(Kanji) is laying  some extremely subtle hints that he just might play the role of main character In Atlus' latest.

Yeah get bent uh its not like that im a wizard thats fucked up the train is on its SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU UNFUNNY ASSHOLES
     Yeah get bent uh its not like that im a wizard thats fucked up the train is on its SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU UNFUNNY ASSHOLES

edit: great a duplicate thread. Can a mod fix that?
    edit2: its confirmed. Troy will be playing the role of Vincent.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Not surprising given the fact that he worked with Atlus before (and was well received for his role as Kanji is P4) but either way I think he's a great VA so that's pretty awesome news.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Dude, if he's the Italian Stallion...Then I might just HAVE to buy the game. 

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Venatio

That would be weird, also don't think a voice like Kanji's fits Vincent

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

For a second there I thought you were hinting that Kanji himself might be in the game O.o But his voice actor taking the lead of Vincent is still good news, if it comes up true. I never expected there were going to be dubs, and figured they would of stuck with the original Japanese cast with subs. 

@Venatio said:

" That would be weird, also don't think a voice like Kanji's fits Vincent "
    He obviously puts on a voice for Kanji. He also voiced Yuri in Tales of Vesperia, which shows his more natural take with his voice.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says

Troy Baker this guy?

No Caption Provided
    The voice of Matt Baker from BIA?
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mutha3
    @Venatio said:
    Troy's got great range, he ain't no Yuri Lowenthall.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm already getting the game day 1 so news like this just makes me want the game more. 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Abyssfull said:
    " For a second there I thought you were hinting that Kanji himself might be in the game O.o But his voice actor taking the lead of Vincent is still good news, if it comes up true. I never expected there were going to be dubs, and figured they would of stuck with the original Japanese cast with subs. "
    Doesn't Atlus usually dub their games though? At least all the ones from the last few years (which, honestly, isn't really much more than Persona 3&4 and Demon's Souls (at least those are the only ones I can think of right now)). 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee
    @MooseyMcMan said:

" @Abyssfull said:

" For a second there I thought you were hinting that Kanji himself might be in the game O.o But his voice actor taking the lead of Vincent is still good news, if it comes up true. I never expected there were going to be dubs, and figured they would of stuck with the original Japanese cast with subs. "
    Doesn't Atlus usually dub their games though? At least all the ones from the last few years (which, honestly, isn't really much more than Persona 3&4 and Demon's Souls (at least those are the only ones I can think of right now)).  "

Yeah, they do, far as I can tell; but I still didn't see it coming. Can't really decipher why. 

@mutha3 said:

" @Venatio said:

Troy's got great range, he ain't no Yuri Lowenthall. "
    No, but he is Yuri Lowell... ;P Crazy how similar their names are.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mutha3
    @MooseyMcMan said:

" @Abyssfull said:

Doesn't Atlus usually dub their games though? At least all the ones from the last few years (which, honestly, isn't really much more than Persona 3&4 and Demon's Souls (at least those are the only ones I can think of right now)).  "
    They have never released a Japanese only  US game. Ever.

I have no idea why people were expecting for even a millisecond for this to suddenly happen with what is probably one of their biggest games on top of being a game that doesn't even take place in Japan.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @mutha3: Wait, it doesn't take place in Japan? I guess that kinda makes sense given the characters have names like Vincent and Katherine, but that still seems odd to me. Doesn't Vincent appear in Persona 3 (on PSP anyway), which is in Japan? 
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mutha3
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " @mutha3: Wait, it doesn't take place in Japan? I guess that kinda makes sense given the characters have names like Vincent and Katherine, but that still seems odd to me. Doesn't Vincent appear in Persona 3 (on PSP anyway), which is in Japan?  "
    That's fake Vincent. Its why he's got a mole drawn on his face and the exact same face Dojima has.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @mutha3: I'm confused now...I'm just going to stop thinking about this until the game actually comes out. 
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Akrid

His album was called "Random Thoughts on a Paper Napkin". 

That fact has permanently damaged my opinion of him, despite being a decent VA.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SomeJerk

Dear lord may they not stick the honorifics into the translated scripts..

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By sameeeeam

It wouldn't be that surprising if it happens, since Atlus has reused voice actors in some of its previous games. 

Didn't the guy who does Yosuke do the voice work for the main character in P3?

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thehexeditor

My dreams are about to get very strange...
     I will find myself in a bizarre love triangle...
     The only way i'll survive is to climb and solve the puzzles...

Yes, very subtle ; )
    Troy Baker as Vincent Brooks? It's a very demanding role with plenty of things to say and yell and be excited about, but I have confidence that he can do it.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By endaround
    @Underachiever007 said:
    " It wouldn't be that surprising if it happens, since Atlus has reused voice actors in some of its previous games.  Didn't the guy who does Yosuke do the voice work for the main character in P3? "
    The number of VAs is actually fairly small, especially those who take on this type of dub work versus say doing more commercial announcing.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King

Damn it. I want to make a "do lesbians have the goods" joke, but it wouldn't make sense AT ALL. Fuck!

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Catolf

@Underachiever007 said:

" It wouldn't be that surprising if it happens, since Atlus has reused voice actors in some of its previous games.  Didn't the guy who does Yosuke do the voice work for the main character in P3? "

Yes.

@thehexeditor said:
    "  My dreams are about to get very strange...  I will find myself in a bizarre love triangle...  The only way i'll survive is to climb and solve the puzzles...  Yes, very subtle ; )Troy Baker as Vincent Brooks? It's a very demanding role with plenty of things to say and yell and be excited about, but I have confidence that he can do it. "

XD Yeah very subtle.. I love Troy Baker's voice so this is very exciting.
    ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By ChrisTaran

I think Troy would be an amazing choice for Vincent. If this is true, I have a feeling that I'll be very happy with the rest of the casting (not that I doubted Atlus would deliver).

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mutha3
    @Video_Game_King said:

" Damn it. I want to make a "do lesbians have the goods" joke, but it wouldn't make sense AT ALL. Fuck! "

No worries, your embarrassment does not begin to approach mine because of the thread title I just made.
      @ChrisTaran said:

" I think Troy would be an amazing choice for Vincent. If this is true, I have a feeling that I'll be very happy with the rest of the casting (not that I doubted Atlus would deliver). "

Oh, come now. If?:P

@Extremelysubtlehints
    said:

My dreams are about to get very strange... 
     I will find myself in a bizarre love triangle...  
    The only way i'll survive is to climb and solve the puzzles... 

He's been hyping this up for a while now  so a big lol at the people who thought they annoucned the game because of whiny fans.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Troy Baker seems like the right type for this.  Yuri Lowenthal is a tenor, and might sound too young to play a guy in his 30s (despite reality).  Nolan North worked with Atlus on Trauma Team, and Nolan North is perfect for any role.  I think he could do Katherine pretty good.  

The other voice that I think would work is Liam O'Brien.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Animasta
    @Brodehouse said:
    " Troy Baker seems like the right type for this.  Yuri Lowenthal is a tenor, and might sound too young to play a guy in his 30s (despite reality).  Nolan North worked with Atlus on Trauma Team, and Nolan North is perfect for any role.  I think he could do Katherine pretty good.    The other voice that I think would work is Liam O'Brien. "
    no way, Liam's too british, even if he's not portraying someone british :P That and now I can't think of him as anything but Grimoire Weiss.
    Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Aegon

He's a pretty good VA.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Laketown said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    " Troy Baker seems like the right type for this.  Yuri Lowenthal is a tenor, and might sound too young to play a guy in his 30s (despite reality).  Nolan North worked with Atlus on Trauma Team, and Nolan North is perfect for any role.  I think he could do Katherine pretty good.    The other voice that I think would work is Liam O'Brien. "
    no way, Liam's too british, even if he's not portraying someone british :P That and now I can't think of him as anything but Grimoire Weiss. "
    Dude, Akihiko and WAR.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thehexeditor

Now we just need the VAs for Catherine, Katherine, Erica, Toby, Johnny, Orlando, Master, and Steve muhahah
    Did I miss anyone? (besides the nameless sheeps [fat, big, psycho, cop, old, etc etc] and bar patrons [like the couple and twin old ladies], midnight venus/the 'astral voice' are done by a same person ) 
    OH YEAH I MISSED THE MOST IMPORTANT VA FOR THIS GAME: Fourth-wall breaking gameplay-mechanic-explaning-voice (this guy has a looot to say in this game, maybe more than he should have sigh) 

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mutha3
    @Brodehouse said:

" @Laketown said:

" @Brodehouse said:
    no way, Liam's too british, even if he's not portraying someone british :P That and now I can't think of him as anything but Grimoire Weiss. "
    Dude, Akihiko and WAR. "
    THAT'S why I couldn't get the image out of my head of Akihiko being a british exchange student. Dayum.

@thehexeditor said:
    " N OH YEAH I MISSED THE MOST IMPORTANT VA FOR THIS GAME: Fourth-wall breaking gameplay-mechanic-explaning-voice (this guy has a looot to say in this game, maybe more than he should have sigh)  "

Yeah, tbh I am kinda worried about that one. The Japanese one is so pleasant to listen to. Hope they can match it.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Animasta
    @Brodehouse said:
    " @Laketown said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    Dude, Akihiko and WAR. "
    Akihiko sounded like someone British who was trying not to be. He did, but I think his voice doesn't work unless he's as british as humanly possible. Grimoire Weiss is so incredible, though, that it trumps all his other roles.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Catolf
    @mutha3 said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    " @Laketown said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    Dude, Akihiko and WAR. "
    THAT'S why I couldn't get the image out of my head of Akihiko being a british exchange student. Dayum. "
    I never thought Akihiko sounded british.. though he was breathy XD
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thehexeditor
    @mutha3 said:

Yeah, tbh I am kinda worried about that one. The Japanese one is so pleasant to listen to. Hope they can match it. "

Keith David confirmed for tutorial voice.
    That way you CAN'T zone out/ not listen when the game teaches you how to play
    The man who told Ramirez what to do all the time would be perfect for the job, imo.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mutha3
    @Catolf said:
    " @mutha3 said:

I never thought Akihiko sounded british.. though he was breathy XD "
    Yeah, he sounded eternally constipated.

And he sounds like a briton trying to hide his accent....and sort of succeeding....and kind of not.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Catolf
    @mutha3 said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @mutha3 said:

Yeah, he sounded eternally constipated.  And he sounds like a briton trying to hide his accent....and sort of succeeding....and kind of not. "
    I like his voice acting in the anime roles and I didn't have to much of an issue with Akihiko's voice, though if he would be involved maybe he'd be one of Vincents friends?
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Animasta
    @Catolf said:
    " @mutha3 said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @mutha3 said:

Yeah, he sounded eternally constipated.  And he sounds like a briton trying to hide his accent....and sort of succeeding....and kind of not. "
    I like his voice acting in the anime roles and I didn't have to much of an issue with Akihiko's voice, though if he would be involved maybe he'd be one of Vincents friends? "
    I think he'd be perfect as that bar owner with the eyepatch. I can just imagine him having a british accent.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Catolf said:

" @mutha3 said:

" @Catolf said:
    " @mutha3 said:

I like his voice acting in the anime roles and I didn't have to much of an issue with Akihiko's voice, though if he would be involved maybe he'd be one of Vincents friends? "
    He would be perfect for the role of Johnny- Vincent's serious-mode-and-smoking-all-the-time friend
    @Laketown said:
    " I think he'd be perfect as that bar owner with the eyepatch. I can just imagine him having a british accent. "
    That would work too!
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bocam

I think he'd do a better Orlando then Vincent.  Also Catherine should be voiced by Laura Bailey and the "Narrator" should be voiced by Dan Woren (Igor)

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#38  Edited By metalsnakezero

I would like Steven Blum to do Vincent since both Blum and Japanese voice of Vincent, Koichi Yamadera, did the voice of Spike Spiegel from Cowboy bebop.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ChrisTaran
    @thehexeditor said:
    " @Catolf said:
    He would be perfect for the role of Johnny- Vincent's serious-mode-and-smoking-all-the-time friend "
    Totally agree with this.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Catolf
    @thehexeditor said:

" @Catolf said:

He would be perfect for the role of Johnny- Vincent's serious-mode-and-smoking-all-the-time friend
    @Laketown said:
    " I think he'd be perfect as that bar owner with the eyepatch. I can just imagine him having a british accent. "
    That would work too! "
    I could work with both of these outcomes, from the look of Johnny I could imagine him with an Akihiko voice, that or 'Master'? is that his name, the eye patch guy?

@metalsnakezero said:

" I would like Steven Blum to do Vincent since both Blum and Japanese voice of Vincent, Koichi Yamadera, did the voice of Spike Spiegel from Cowboy bebop. "

Sounds like Blum won't be involved but Troy makes me just as happy.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mutha3

ehhh... I dunno guys, I don't want this to be a Persona voice actor reunion. I want some fresh blood, hearing the same people seems lame to me.

...That being said, I would enjoy it a lot if Tracey Rooney picked up the role of Erica.

EDIT: I don't mind steven not taking the role. He sounds way too "cool" for it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FluxWaveZ

There goes the Steve Blum idea. Oh well, I hope Troy's voice can fit Vincent well enough.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thehexeditor
    @mutha3: YOU MEAN DANIELLE JUD- kidding.   

Jennifer Hale as Katherine would be great, but I doubt that would happen
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mutha3
    @thehexeditor said:
    " @mutha3: YOU MEAN DANIELLE JUD- kidding.  
    ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bocam
    @Laketown: Master has to keep his Japanese voice as he's voiced by  NORIO MOTHERFUCKING WAKAMOTO (He even speaks english)

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By Lemoncookie01

I demand  Wendee Lee for Katherine's VO!

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By benjaebe

Awesome news. Troy Baker will do a great job.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Bocam:  Hahaha. Master (or Thomas Mutton, mutton, sheep, ahahano) is a great character voiced by a great man.

@mutha3

said:

" ehhh... I dunno guys, I don't want this to be a Persona voice actor reunion.

Agreed, but Tara Platt, aka Mitsuru/Elizabeth, could probably take on any one of the major female leads
    Edit: Oh my god. you know what would be hilarious is if she voiced Erica and Yuri Lowenthal (her husband) voiced Toby. A bunch of his lines would be pretty much fawning over her
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bocam

I want Johnny to be voiced by Johnny. When this game first came out I wanted Vincent to be voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa (if you knew his other roles, you would too.)

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ChrisTaran

After some consideration, I think I would love Michelle Ruff for Catherine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.