Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Very excited

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By nima

Man, I haven't felt this excited for a game in a long time. I think I'm going to have to import Catherine! Absolutly loved Persona 4, even before the endurance run started. When the endurance run was doing persona 4, I couldn't believe it!  
    So now that GiantBomb and introduced me to Catherine, I just can't get enough. I absolutely love everything about it so far. The story, to the gameplay. I went ahead and downloaded the demo on my PS3 and loved it. The language can be a bit of a issue. I am at a reasonable level with my Japanese so I can understand up to a point. The more I repeat it, the more I understand which will also help with my Japanese.  
    I don't entirely agree with Brad and Ryan's opinion of the game being somewhat dissapointing. I find it quite exciting that the developers of Persona 4 (one of the greatest games I have ever played), are doing something different. Also, who's to say that the entire gameplay is what the demo showed? I bet there's quite a bit of variety.
    Anyway, it's not like Persona 5 wont come out. I so cannot wait for Persona 5! 
    I am genuinely so excited for this game. Definitely importing this!

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By nima

Man, I haven't felt this excited for a game in a long time. I think I'm going to have to import Catherine! Absolutly loved Persona 4, even before the endurance run started. When the endurance run was doing persona 4, I couldn't believe it!  
    So now that GiantBomb and introduced me to Catherine, I just can't get enough. I absolutely love everything about it so far. The story, to the gameplay. I went ahead and downloaded the demo on my PS3 and loved it. The language can be a bit of a issue. I am at a reasonable level with my Japanese so I can understand up to a point. The more I repeat it, the more I understand which will also help with my Japanese.  
    I don't entirely agree with Brad and Ryan's opinion of the game being somewhat dissapointing. I find it quite exciting that the developers of Persona 4 (one of the greatest games I have ever played), are doing something different. Also, who's to say that the entire gameplay is what the demo showed? I bet there's quite a bit of variety.
    Anyway, it's not like Persona 5 wont come out. I so cannot wait for Persona 5! 
    I am genuinely so excited for this game. Definitely importing this!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online

I still agree with Brad, and that it's the type of game that is great to watch others play, instead of actually playing. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I'm really excited for it as well. This is actually the first game that I have ever followed this closely. Too bad that the spacing between the western and eastern releases will be significant as when the game is released in Japan, I'll have to attempt to ignore any and all information related to Catherine that's not the North American release date. 

Too bad I don't know Japanese and I don't have a lot of money because I would import a copy in a heartbeat. 

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By WickedCestus

Yeah, I'm super pumped too. I would import it if I had a Japanese system to play it on. But, I think I can wait until for the NA release. I bet it will probably be late this year or early 2012. It seems like this game could be absolutely brilliant.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @supermike6: Won't the game be region free? I know many Japanese 360 games are region free so I think there are good chances that Catherine's one of them.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @supermike6: Won't the game be region free? I know many Japanese 360 games are region free so I think there are good chances that Catherine's one of them. "
    I'm pretty sure most PS3 stuff is region free, but i have no clue about 360 stuff, other than Jeff saying something in the Quick Look about his Japanese 360. 
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By iamjohn
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " I still agree with Brad, and that it's the type of game that is great to watch others play, instead of actually playing.  "
    Why?  Do you not like Intelligent Qube or any of the non-dungeon crawl stuff in Persona or something?
    FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FacelessVixen

Looking a the gameplay kinda turned me off, but the story seems very interesting. I'm looking forward to any news of its US release.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:
    " I still agree with Brad, and that it's the type of game that is great to watch others play, instead of actually playing.  "
    Why?  Do you not like Intelligent Qube or any of the non-dungeon crawl stuff in Persona or something? "
    I have never heard of Intelligent Qube (but from context I will assume it is similar to the gameplay of Catherine), and I've never actually played a Persona game, but from watching the Persona 4 Endurance Run, I can tell you that I really liked the story stuff, and didn't like the dungeon crawl stuff. It sort of seemed like they wrote this great story, but decided to make it into a game instead of a cartoon (but later made a cartoon anyway), and stretched it out with dungeon crawls. Obviously that isn't the case because there were ones before P4, but that's the vibe I got.  

And Catherine looks like it'll be similar in that it'll have serviceable gameplay, and a (potentially) good story. 
    nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nima
    @MooseyMcMan: I can understand where your coming from. I however didn't really mind the dungeon crawling stuff at all. I actually enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I was playing it rather than watching that made it that much more enjoyable for me. I played the demo and I found the gameplay to be quite enjoyable. Anyway, I really can't wait to get this game!
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By laserbolts

Is it wrong that I would probably pick this up if it didn't have the part where you play the game in it?  The nightmare sequences from what I saw seemed pretty repetitive and the controls looked pretty loose.  The actually story parts though looked very interesting.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By McGhee

I appreciate that they are trying something different with the gameplay. Let's just hope it's actually fun.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mutha3
    I'm pumped.
    @nima said:
    " @MooseyMcMan: I can understand where your coming from. I however didn't really mind the dungeon crawling stuff at all. I actually enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I was playing it rather than watching that made it that much more enjoyable for me. I played the demo and I found the gameplay to be quite enjoyable. Anyway, I really can't wait to get this game! "
    I didn't mind the dungeon crawling because its a very well made game.
    nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nima
    @laserbolts: Everyone has their own opinion. Never said that everyone else is wrong. I did play the demo though and I had allot of fun with the nightmare part. I didn't find the controls hard at all. I honestly cannot understand what Vinny was having trouble with. Anyway, I bet they find some really cool ways to spice up the nightmare sequences. 
    So I can say that by playing this game, my own opinion of it is a big positive so far which is why I am pumped for this. 
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By laserbolts
    @nima:   Yeah I haven't tried it myself but from what I saw in the quick look it looked rough.  Vinny could just suck at it though so I could be pleasantly surprised when I give it a go.
    zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zero_

For me - the gameplay of this, Persona 4 or most JRPGs for that matter are simply a tolerable means to a hopefully justified end, the story that is. 

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By benjaebe
    @Zero_ said:
    " For me - the gameplay of this, Persona 4 or most JRPGs for that matter are simply a tolerable means to a hopefully justified end, the story that is.  "
    I'd agree with this. While I enjoyed the gameplay of Persona 3 and 4 because it had some pretty nifty ideas (namely fusing and stuff like that), it still eventually just became a grind to get to the next social link or story progression. Which was fine, because it was totally worth it.

I'm so excited for Catherine (and hopefully an NA announcement). The gameplay looks refreshing and different - I'm glad they're trying something new.
    nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nima
    @laserbolts: Yeah. Give it a go. Who knows? Maybe you'll like it or maybe you wont. Either way, not everyone can agree on everything. 
    nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nima
    @Zero_:  I suppose I agree with this to an extent. Sometimes it gets tedious but overall, I didn't mind the gameplay in persona 3 or 4 too much. 
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mutha3

The gameplay in Persona 4 is rock solid and the main reason a lot of people play it.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#21  Edited By donutfever

Having watched the demo before playing it, the game plays better than it looks.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By lordofultima

I have this pre-ordered on play asia. I will be doing a playthrough of it when it arrives, so stay tuned for me fumbling through mistranslations and insanity! lol

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nima
    @lordofultima: That is weired because I have just tried to purchase this game through play-asia and they say that "  You have items in your cart that cannot be sent to your location. Please remove the item(s) in question and proceed to checkout again". 
    I dont know whats going on...anyone else having the same problem? Are there any other import sites?
    EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EmptyApartment

agree w/ ya nima i am so damn excited to play this too BUT i really wanna play the NA version (when it is hopefully announced and released here). I am seriously debating importing just to play through it but I do not know any japanese whatsoever so thats a problem lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.