Vincent based on Vinny?

#1 Edited by JeanLuc (3585 posts) -

The main character's name is Vincent and his jacket says Italian Stallion on it. 
Coincidence? 
 
I'm going to say yes, but even so thats pretty fucking cool.

#2 Posted by Jolt92 (1552 posts) -

It's not like there is another italian called "Vinny" so yes, it's based on Vinny.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Jolt92 said:
" It's not like there is another italian called "Vinny" so yes, it's based on Vinny. "
lol. Totally.
#4 Edited by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Maybe the developers saw the Endurance Run and decided to make a reference? Would be awesome if they did.

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I'd like to believe it's vinny, I hope they are aware of the endurance run and Maybe put a nod of it in the game

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
@Jolt92 said:
" It's not like there is another italian called "Vinny" so yes, it's based on Vinny. "
#7 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

Based off Vincent Gallo for appearance, they decided to keep the name.

#8 Posted by Sincillian (530 posts) -

Based off Spike Spiegel. (Cookie for you if you know where he's from)

#9 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

lol, because the japanese developers totally watched the endurance run

#10 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

He's actually based on Vincent Price.

#11 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
@Sincillian said:
" Based off Spike Spiegel. (Cookie for you if you know where he's from) "
Cowboy Bebop, obviously ;)
#12 Posted by DoctorTran (1562 posts) -
@Sincillian
Based off Spike Spiegel. (Cookie for you if you know where he's from)
Trigun right? He's the priest. ;)

Spoiler. I'm kidding. Cowboy Bebop
#13 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@Sincillian said:
" Based off Spike Spiegel. (Cookie for you if you know where he's from) "
I expect it in about a week. 
They did get the same dude to play him, and he does look similar, but according to the wiki and the team's blog, he was based off of Vincent Gallo.
#14 Posted by Seedofpower (3930 posts) -

For the sake of our sanity, yes it is base of Vinny.

#15 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

He's based off the Joe Pesci character, I mean just look, the hair is practically the same.
#16 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

I would freaking love it if it was the case

#17 Posted by Trifork89 (73 posts) -
@wasteguru:

You can't possibly be serious...
#18 Posted by jakob187 (21675 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" lol, because the japanese developers totally watched the endurance run "
Well, they used to link the Persona 4 in the developer and Atlus newsletters... 
 
...so yeah, they probably have watched some of it and are aware that it exists.  They also happen to know how many more copies the Endurance Run helped push in North America. 
 
@Sincillian said:
" Based off Spike Spiegel. (Cookie for you if you know where he's from) "
I don't even watch anime and I could tell you he's from Cowboy Bebop.
#19 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Dany said:
" I'd like to believe it's vinny, I hope they are aware of the endurance run and Maybe put a nod of it in the game "
Even if they would do something like that, they wouldn't do it to the main character!  :)
#20 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

Yes. They saw the endurance run and said "DUDE, we gotta put this dude as the main protagonist in our next game" but in japanese. 
 
  
 You have to be a monumental idiot to think they are related in any way.
 

#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19347 posts) -

I joked about this a while ago when one of the earlier trailers had shown the print on Vincent's shirt. The main character's name is Vincent, his shirt has "Italian Stallion" written on it and it's even written "since 2009", which was when the first Endurance Run started. Of course, all of this is just a coincidence.

Online
#22 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @Laketown said:
" lol, because the japanese developers totally watched the endurance run "
Well, they used to link the Persona 4 in the developer and Atlus newsletters... 
 
...so yeah, they probably have watched some of it and are aware that it exists.  They also happen to know how many more copies the Endurance Run helped push in North America. 
 
@Sincillian said:
" Based off Spike Spiegel. (Cookie for you if you know where he's from) "
I don't even watch anime and I could tell you he's from Cowboy Bebop. "
the japanese newsletters? I mean, I have to imagine the Atlus USA team has little to no input to the Japanese developers. Just like NIS
#23 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Laketown said:
" lol, because the japanese developers totally watched the endurance run "
Well, they used to link the Persona 4 in the developer and Atlus newsletters... 
 
...so yeah, they probably have watched some of it and are aware that it exists.  They also happen to know how many more copies the Endurance Run helped push in North America. 
 
@Sincillian said:
" Based off Spike Spiegel. (Cookie for you if you know where he's from) "
I don't even watch anime and I could tell you he's from Cowboy Bebop. "
the japanese newsletters?
Nope. He's thinking of newsletters from Atlus US. The US guys have watched the ER, a translator even said that on air.
 
But, Atlus Japan? Yeah right. Those guys probably don't even know what a giant bomb is.
#24 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3102 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:
It's a brilliant, amazing coincidence, though.
#25 Posted by DaManGB (377 posts) -

It could be based off Vinny from Jersey Shore. Who knows.

#26 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

In the localization Vincent is going to say cunt and everyone is going to be like whoah.

#27 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" In the localization Vincent is going to say cunt and everyone is going to be like whoah. "
Yes. 
#28 Posted by HisDudeness (252 posts) -
@Sincillian said:
" Based off Spike Spiegel. (Cookie for you if you know where he's from) "
cowboy bebop. me want cookie
#29 Posted by CrazedMaverick (214 posts) -

I don't think the character is based off Vinny. But I'd like to think that the whole "Italian Stallion since 2009" is a subtle nod towards Giant Bomb. 

#30 Posted by JeanLuc (3585 posts) -
@Trifork89 said:
" @wasteguru: You can't possibly be serious... "
@Detrian said:
" Yes. They saw the endurance run and said "DUDE, we gotta put this dude as the main protagonist in our next game" but in japanese.       You have to be a monumental idiot to think they are related in any way.  "
 
Chill out guys. I said I think its a c oincidence. 
 
I just though It was really cool that the main character in the game was named Vincent and had a jacket that said  Italian Stallion when Vinny was the one playing the game. Plus its made by the same people who made persona 4, a game Vinny is well known for playing. 
 
Again, I don't this really means anything. Its just all in good fun :)
#31 Posted by august (3846 posts) -

Just about any Italian dude will be referred to as "the Italian Stallion" at some point.

#32 Edited by CFB (121 posts) -

#33 Posted by Drakhir (410 posts) -
@cookiesforbreakfast: I kneel upon your presense, new God.
#34 Posted by Droop (1881 posts) -
@cookiesforbreakfast: That's so amazing.
#35 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@cookiesforbreakfast: I......uh.....
 
wow
 
You should post that in the Catherine comments section, where it belongs.
#36 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -
@cookiesforbreakfast said:
" I posted this in the Photoshop thread after watching the quick look, but it seems pretty appropriate here.
 

"

#37 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

  I refuse to believe otherwise.

#38 Posted by jkz (4028 posts) -

No, but I do hope that when they localise it, the US team (who are aware of the ER) would be cool enough to add a little reference to the ER, given that the MC is already called Vincent.

#39 Posted by shadyspace (458 posts) -
@Sincillian: Wow, you've heard of a character that's been on American television for a decade. You're so cool, man. Personally, I think Vincent is based on Ash Ketchum. A vial of crack for anyone hip enough to know where he's from!
#40 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Vinny Bag-o-donuts! 
 
Smooth talkah. You awwr, you awwwr. 
 
GOD I LOVE MY COUSIN VINNY. Marisa Tomei, marry me, please.

#41 Posted by IndeedCodyBrown (404 posts) -
Online
#42 Posted by Catarrhal (835 posts) -
@DonutFever said:
"They did get the same dude to play him…"
Kõichi Yamadera? Damn, I thought Vincent's voice sounded familiar! Thanks for pointing this out.
#43 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I hope this ends up being the next endurance run

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.