Vincent's Shirt

#1 Edited by Djratchet (664 posts) -

So, it says RA♥E.

I actually got a shirt made to look like it, and I always love to see what people assume what the missing letter is. From those that have guessed, it seems to be a toss-up between "RAPE" and "RAVE".

What is the first word that came to mind when you saw Vincent's shirt? Also, does anyone have any idea if it actually means anything?

For the record I thought RAVE because I guess I think of raves more than I think of rape. Haha.

#2 Posted by supermike6 (3523 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be RAVE, because hearts look a hell of a lot more like V's than they do P's. 

#3 Posted by Djratchet (664 posts) -

Solid reasoning. That probably is why I thought rave as well.

#4 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

The fact you even thought it could be rape is worrying.

#5 Posted by Djratchet (664 posts) -

Oh, I didn't. One of my friends pointed it out. Like I said, I first thought rave. Rape didn't even occur to me until he said it. And yes, I am worried about him xD

#6 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Pics of shirt is mandatory, young man.

#7 Edited by Djratchet (664 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

Pics of shirt is mandatory, young man.

Ask, and you shall receive!

Not amazing, but eh xD

I'd post a pic of me wearing it, but I've only worn it once since I've gotten it. Also, the heart does stand out more than it does in the picture, just fyi :)

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

Anyone who honestly thinks it's "Rape" is kinda messed up.

#9 Edited by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@Djratchet said:

From those that have guessed, it seems to be a toss-up between "RAPE" and "RAVE".

uh

no  

you're crazy if you think that, bro
#10 Posted by Junpei (698 posts) -

all wrong, it is RAGE. Id cut a deal with Atlus for subliminal marketing since they knew they were targeting the same demographic......... yea, no it's Rave

#11 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

I want that shirt, but I want it PINK.

#12 Posted by DonutFever (3515 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
@Djratchet said:

From those that have guessed, it seems to be a toss-up between "RAPE" and "RAVE".

uh  no    you're crazy if you think that, bro
He says that he doesn't think that, but I've seen more than a few people think it's Rape.  
While I thought it was Rave, because a heart looks like a V, I guess Rape sort of makes sense if you think the heart is supposed to be censoring.
#13 Edited by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@DonutFever said:

He says that he doesn't think that, but I've seen more than a few people think it's Rape. 

Likewise, those people are crazy.
#14 Posted by kuz101 (208 posts) -

Not to hijack this thread, but I think the bigger issue is that this character is named Vincent and his jacket says Italian Stallion. Coincidence? I think not.

#15 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@kuz101 said:

Not to hijack this thread, but I think the bigger issue is that this character is named Vincent and his jacket says Italian Stallion. Coincidence? I think not.

vincent is a common name for italians, actually

#16 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

The first thing that came to my mind was RAGE.

#17 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@kuz101 said:

I think the bigger thing is that it says "Italian Stallion since 2009", the start of the Endurance Run.
#18 Posted by kuz101 (208 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Oh wow, I never even noticed that.
#19 Posted by SixtyXCelph (211 posts) -

Definitely Rave.  I had not even considered Rape or Rage or anything other than Rave, haha.

Also, as a side note involving Vincent's shirt, anyone else wish the shirt in the Love Is Over edition had been the Rave shirt instead of the Empty Hearts shirt?

#20 Posted by Vadis (222 posts) -

I figured it was Rave, but I was thinking it was some sort of inside Japanese joke or something.

#21 Posted by SixtyXCelph (211 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
I think the bigger thing is that it says "Italian Stallion since 2009", the start of the Endurance Run.
Is there a screen cap of that?
#22 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
#23 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

That shirt is great, btw, i want one.

#24 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@SixtyXCelph said:
Definitely Rave.  I had not even considered Rape or Rage or anything other than Rave, haha.  Also, as a side note involving Vincent's shirt, anyone else wish the shirt in the Love Is Over edition had been the Rave shirt instead of the Empty Hearts shirt?
Oh, yeah, definitely, the pink RAVE shirt is undeniably better.

....But Atlus seemed determined to keep the cost of their SE below 5 cents and a pair of shoestrings.
#25 Posted by Chemin (630 posts) -

RAheartE.

#26 Edited by Djratchet (664 posts) -

@Laketown said:

I want that shirt, but I want it PINK.

Oh, it is! It's just that my cell camera sucks ass and the colors got all washed out in the pic for whatever reason.

Yeah, Atlus choosing the "Empty" shirt over Vincent's Rave shirt was incredibly dumb IMO.

#27 Posted by ShaggE (5983 posts) -

Rake, clearly. 

#28 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

Atlus is developing the sequel to Rapelay, so I'm pretty sure it is supposed to say rape.  I'm surprised none of you knew this. 

EDIT:  I couldn't bring myself to wear that shirt in public, most people are going to assume the heart is censoring a P.

#29 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be RAVE, because hearts look a hell of a lot more like V's than they do P's. 
Same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.