When do you think we'll get our review?

• 95 results
#1 Posted by Kiemoe (1056 posts) -

Hey guys, 

I don't know about you, but I've been super excited about Catherine coming out, because I've loved the last few games the Persona team's done lately. Do you think we'll get a review of this game any time soon, or maybe just a quick mention on the bombcast?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

When its ready. 

#3 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
When its ready. 

this.
#4 Posted by SixtyXCelph (211 posts) -

I'm sure they'll talk about it on the Bombcast, at the very least during the New Releases segment.  My guess is, someone has played that game.  And if they didn't get an early copy, they'll be talking it on next Bombcast.

#5 Posted by RobotHamster (4172 posts) -

After the endurance run...

#6 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5260 posts) -

@SixtyXCelph said:

I'm sure they'll talk about it on the Bombcast, at the very least during the New Releases segment. My guess is, someone has played that game. And if they didn't get an early copy, they'll be talking it on next Bombcast.

For me a review isn't super important. A 15 minute discussion on the Bombcast would suffice.

#7 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I'm honestly not sure if we'll get it this week at all honestly, unless he overcomes his desire to quit the game after 20 minutes.

Last I heard was that he had barely passed Day 2 of the game, and as far as I know there are 6-7 days.
#8 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19356 posts) -
@Kiemoe: They said there'll be a review on ILM. It'll probably come out later this afternoon. And I don't think it'll only get a 'quick mention' on the Bombcast; it'll be talked about quite a bit. 

Ah, apparently the review won't be out today. Oh well.
#9 Edited by C2C (855 posts) -

Ryan said on "I love Mondays" to expect it this week.

#10 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -

@SixtyXCelph: Jeff has been playing it. He said on Formspring that the review wouldn't be up today. I don't know when.

#11 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

They will probably talk about it on the bombcast and a review will probably be up early tomorrow.

#12 Posted by SixtyXCelph (211 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85: Precisely.  I'll be curious to  read some reviews and see how the game has been received by others, but... I've already got it, I don't need a review to decide, haha.  And besides that, listening to the discourse back and forth is more interesting to me than reading a review by one person.
#13 Posted by endaround (2146 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@Kiemoe: They said there'll be a review on ILM. It'll probably come out later this afternoon. And I don't think it'll only get a 'quick mention' on the Bombcast; it'll be talked about quite a bit.
Well maybe.  Anyone know if Jeff was there or was he playing GoW3 when the bombcast was being recorded?
#14 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Jeff will give it a 3 out of 5

#15 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@kingzetta:

Really? I've been betting on 2 stars.

#16 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I think I recall Jeff saying he was getting tired of the Puzzle system. 

#17 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

@kingzetta:

Well we'll see who is right probably tomorrow
#18 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@kingzetta:

Well we'll see who is right probably tomorrow

Looking forward to it!

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19356 posts) -

I also bet 3 stars.

#20 Posted by Bocam (3764 posts) -

I'll say 4 stars

#21 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Bocam said:

I'll say 4 stars

Wow, really?

I guess it could happen considering Comic Jumper's review.

#22 Posted by Gabriel (4063 posts) -

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:
When its ready.
this.

Thanks ID Software.

#23 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

I'm guessing 3 stars.

#24 Posted by AlexW00d (6283 posts) -

Jeff tweeted yesterday or Sunday how he was getting pretty bored with the gameplay and could only really play in small chunks. So probably expect it in the latter half of the week.

#25 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
I also bet 3 stars.
unno, seems quite high for the complaining he's been doing about it. I'm with @cloudenvy with the two stars.
#26 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

ALL THE STARS

#27 Posted by Marokai (2986 posts) -

Frankly like the others I expect 2 or 3 stars from Jeff. It would be very much like him to essentially originate the hype for this game on this website, dedicate tons of coverage to it, go out of his way to import it, and then not actually like it when he gets it.

#28 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

He'll give it a 7.

#29 Posted by Marz (5655 posts) -

3 stars, it probably has a fun and cool story.  But the puzzle system might be a little repetitive?

#30 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

A thumbs up or down from Jeff shouldn't make or break your game purchase for you.

#31 Posted by buft (3318 posts) -

i'll say 3-4 stars

#32 Posted by CosmicQueso (570 posts) -

@Hizang said:

A thumbs up or down from Jeff shouldn't make or break your game purchase for you.

The joy of the human condition is that of discovery. Hopefully you're not waiting for a review before making a purchase choice. I loved many games that Jeff & company didn't. I respect their opinions, but I enjoy discovering what I like or don't like on my own. Don't let anyone else tell you what you like or don't like.

#33 Posted by SixtyXCelph (211 posts) -

I thoroughly enjoy that we've started a pool of guesses for what Jeff's review and rating will be.

#34 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
#35 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@DonutFever said:

People saying 2 Stars are forgetting something.

Except that he's been complaining way more about Catherine's gameplay, as far as I've seen at least.

#36 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I'm gonna say 3 stars, it seems to be a trend lately. 
#37 Posted by LiquidPrince (15969 posts) -

@RobotHamster said:

After the endurance run...

Oh man...

#38 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@CosmicQueso said:

@Hizang said:

The joy of the human condition is that of discovery. Hopefully you're not waiting for a review before making a purchase choice. I loved many games that Jeff & company didn't. I respect their opinions, but I enjoy discovering what I like or don't like on my own. Don't let anyone else tell you what you like or don't like.

Yes, because remember Jeff didn't care for Red Dead Redemption, that was my GOTY 2010.

#39 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

@DonutFever said:

People saying 2 Stars are forgetting something.

Except that he's been complaining way more about Catherine's gameplay, as far as I've seen at least.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything, he honestly sounds like he dosen't like the game, his Google+ and twitter accounts both show how much he dosen't care for the gameplay and no matter how curious you are for a story, your going to quit after you die so many times. And it sounds like he is dying a lot..
#40 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

I'm expecting Jeff to give the game 3 or 4 stars

#41 Posted by rmanthorp (3968 posts) -

4 Stars.

#42 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

he said on his Google+ account that he wasnt enjoying the game as much anymore....

#43 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I'm going to guess he will give it a 3.

#44 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Probably a 3. I can understand how someone could get frustrated or tired of the puzzle system. I'm not, but I'm a real glutton for punishment.

#45 Posted by joshth (505 posts) -

I doubt he'd give it a two.  It should at least get 3 stars...
#46 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
#47 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -

It's pretty well received in the west so far. My bet is on 4 stars.

#48 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@mnzy said:
Jeff doesn't seem to like it much, though:

Continuing to play Catherine, but I'm not enjoying myself very much anymore. It's become one of those games I can play for 20 minutes before needing to take a break or find something else to do. Not exactly conducive to a timely review, I suppose.

#49 Edited by Marokai (2986 posts) -
@mnzy said:

Jeff has exposed himself to this game to a ridiculous degree, most of which in a way (in Japanese) that made it impossible to enjoy the best parts of what the game was. Sure, Giantbomb was probably crucial in originating the hype machine for this game (what hype machine there was) and it's being pretty well received most places elsewhere, but it wouldn't surprise me for a second to see Jeff sour on Catherine after repeatedly exposing himself to it over the last 6 or 7 months.

And frankly, Jeff seems to enjoy going against the grain anyway, especially on Atlus related stuff that the rest of the site's community goes crazy for. But that's just my silly opinion.
#50 Posted by RE_Player1 (7561 posts) -

I bet 2-3 stars knowing Jeff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.