Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Would Catherine be the perfect choice for the inevitable third GB Endurance Run?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

random_guy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By random_guy23
    random_guy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By random_guy23

The poll thing is broken. In the poll options, I put 'cast your votes' and then it came up as an answer. Someone tell Dave!

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KarlPilkington

Voted "Cast your votes" because this is stupid.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

Every time I think I won't see another one of these threads...

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Siphillis

I don't imagine the Endurance Run returning.  Whiskey Media has shifted towards more community-oriented, (relatively) professional content.  An Endurance Run is nothing more than the "Let's Play" series found all over YouTube.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Yanngc33

A lot of people has been harassing the crew, constantly asking them when it's going to happen. A new endurance run will happen when we'll least expect it, plus it has to be a game that the GB crew hasn't played yet. Jeff has played Catherine 

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Oldirtybearon

If a new Endurance Run happens it'll be over the summer. The "Enthusiast Press" has fuck all to do in the summer months after E3.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By YoungFrey

They've said it before, the Endurance Run isn't about spoiling Atlus games.  They aren't likely to ever do another Atlus ER. 
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap

A) It's unlikely there will ever be a third endurance run. 

B) If there is it wont be another Atlus game 

C) Stop making these threads!!! >_<

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By august

"We are not in the business of playing Atlus games so you don't have to." - Jeff Gerstmann.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By beforet

It's not so much this being an ER thread alone, it's the fact that this has to be the 15th "Catherine ER" thread yet that bemuses me.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RTSlord
    @Soap said:
    A) It's unlikely there will ever be a third endurance run.  B) If there is it wont be another Atlus game  C) Stop making these threads!!! >_<
    ditto.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Dalai

No. The right game will come eventually, but it's not Catherine.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#14  Edited By beard_of_zeus
    @Soap said:
    A) It's unlikely there will ever be a third endurance run.  B) If there is it wont be another Atlus game  C) Stop making these threads!!! >_<
    Yes, yes, and yes. It's almost like people don't pay attention when the staff says things like "Hey, shut up about endurance runs!" Or maybe people do pay attention and think that means "Aw shit, gotta talk about it even harder!"
    Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hot_Karl

I honestly doubt that we're going to get another Endurance Run in the near future. As awesome as Catherine seems, we've already seen what the Persona team can conjure up for a video game. 

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By YoungFrey

I could see folks who've avoided doing an ER signing up for one.  Like Pattrick and Drew.  Alex probably dodged a bullet by moving to NYC.
    TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By TepidShark

Regardless of whether they do Endurance Run Mark 3 or not , Catherine doesn't look interesting enough for a Endurance Run (story wise maybe but not gameplay wise.)

random_guy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By random_guy23

I'm sorry everyone, I don't use these forums as much as some of you do, I wasn't aware of the many previous Catherine ER threads. My apologies!

rudyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rudyarr
    @Yanngc33 said:
    A lot of people has been harassing the crew, constantly asking them when it's going to happen. A new endurance run will happen when we'll least expect it, plus it has to be a game that the GB crew hasn't played yet. Jeff has played Catherine 
    If you recall the persona 4 ER Jeff had also played parts of Persona 4 prior to the ER. He didn't finish it though and I doubt he got very far in Catherine with the language barrier and all.  

I for one would not mind another ER, don't much care for what game it is. An ER at least guarantees us that there will be some form of daily content on the site. I won't bug the guys about it because I know that they will do it when the time is right. Also for the users that don't care about an ER don't post on the thread, you can never tell people what they can and can't post. Just move along to another thread and everyone will remain happy :)
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hourai

I can't see Catherine being a good fit for an Endurance Run. Maybe in another year or so we'll get something.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zombie2011

*sigh*

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ThePickle

There will never be another Endurance and there extra won't be one for Catherine. Jeff has gone out of his to say he won't do Catherine. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @random_guy23 said:

I'm sorry everyone, I don't use these forums as much as some of you do, I wasn't aware of the many previous Catherine ER threads. My apologies!

Apology accepted, but the fact that you don't use these forums a lot is not an excuse. There's a search bar and typing the words "Endurance Run" would give you plenty of results. 

@rudyarr said: 

Also for the users that don't care about an ER don't post on the thread, you can never tell people what they can and can't post. Just move along to another thread and everyone will remain happy :)

Those complaining that this was posted doesn't mean that they don't care about an ER. It means they don't care for these kinds of threads, for which there have probably been more than 50 since the last ER ended.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Dagbiker
    @rudyarr said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    If you recall the persona 4 ER Jeff had also played parts of Persona 4 prior to the ER. He didn't finish it though and I doubt he got very far in Catherine with the language barrier and all.   I for one would not mind another ER, don't much care for what game it is. An ER at least guarantees us that there will be some form of daily content on the site. I won't bug the guys about it because I know that they will do it when the time is right. Also for the users that don't care about an ER don't post on the thread, you can never tell people what they can and can't post. Just move along to another thread and everyone will remain happy :)
    I hope you realize that this is a poll thread, so the topic is in fact their opinions about Endurance runs.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By AndrewB

Isn't Catherine a relatively short story-based game? You want ER material, make it The Witcher 1 or 2.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Ghostiet

No, because they've already said they're "not in the business of spoiling Atlus games". Not to mention that it's not really a great fit - it's not long enough and the gameplay doesn't contain enough crazy to sustain it, I think. Way of the Samurai, Resonance of Fate, Yakuza - that's shit I could consider potential ER candidates.

Don't push those Endurance Runs, guys. We'll get another one day.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @AndrewB said:
    Isn't Catherine a relatively short story-based game? You want ER material, make it The Witcher 1 or 2.
    Nothing wrong with short story based-games. Persona 4 was a story-based game, which made it perfect for something like an ER and Deadly Premonition was a story-based game and is probably as long, if not shorter, than Catherine was in terms of game length.
    rudyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rudyarr
    @Dagbiker said:
    @rudyarr said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    If you recall the persona 4 ER Jeff had also played parts of Persona 4 prior to the ER. He didn't finish it though and I doubt he got very far in Catherine with the language barrier and all.   I for one would not mind another ER, don't much care for what game it is. An ER at least guarantees us that there will be some form of daily content on the site. I won't bug the guys about it because I know that they will do it when the time is right. Also for the users that don't care about an ER don't post on the thread, you can never tell people what they can and can't post. Just move along to another thread and everyone will remain happy :)
    I hope you realize that this is a poll thread, so the topic is in fact their opinions about Endurance runs.
    Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but telling people not to post about this isn't really an opinion. Leave it up to the moderators and it's not like the forums are going to run out of room.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mutha3

Jeff gave a very clear, reasoned "NO" in his VYOU channel, but I don't feel like diggin it up.

@AndrewB

said:

WItcher would be kind of super boring to watch.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @rudyarr said: 

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but telling people not to post about this isn't really an opinion. Leave it up to the moderators and it's not like the forums are going to run out of room.

People are saying this thread shouldn't have been made because there are many, many, like it on the same exact subject, even suggesting the same exact game. No one so far has been backseat moderating.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mutha3
    @HandsomeDevil said:
      Jeff has gone out of his to say he won't do Catherine. 
    Jeff be crazy, son.
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

When you start trying to decide what game to do I think you're pretty much missing the point. The best thing about the ER's is that they were spontaneous and they just did them because they felt like it. I can completely understand why they flat-out to refuse to talk about it anymore. With people constantly forcing the issue and suggesting what should be played next,  it becomes more of an obligation rather than the fun little distractions they were originally. 

If you really want a new ER at some point in the future, just leave it be.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

No more Atlus games. It's been said.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Surkov

I would be surprised if the next endurance run is for members only.  

I wouldn't be bitter about this, but I could see why they would do it. 

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By christ0phe

Oh god, not again

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By VWGTI

God dammit, people.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sameeeeam

Nah, too obvious.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#40  Edited By Little_Socrates

As many people have said, Jeff specifically stated around the localization announcement for Catherine that if there were another Endurance Run (which he says IS unlikely, as it has to be a perfect combination of game, timing, and staff interest) it would not be Catherine because Giant Bomb is not just the site that spoils Atlus games for people. 

Thing is, I don't think the resources are ever going to be right again (maybe Q2 2013?) We've entered a sort of full-year release cycle since 2010 began, and that's gonna wear down the possibility of doing an endurance run and covering important games pretty significantly. And watching the DP ER, you can see how badly it drained the team's enthusiasm. Side-note, and I don't mean this in a mean way at all, but I blame a lot of Ryan's dislike for ER's on Brad; Brad just isn't built to endure not-so-great games, and while I love Deadly Premonition, Brad did not, and he complained a LOT while they played.  

Anyways, Catherine is probably the worst choice for the next GB Endurance Run, and it won't be Catherine. It'll probably be a really, really long time before there's another one.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By phish09

It looks like the most boring game ever to me.  I think that Kinectimals would make for a more exciting endurance run. 

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By alternate

Didn't they already say they would do no more Atlus games.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SlightConfuse

No they don't want to do atlus games.

Game informer has been hinting of doing a er of catherine.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PillClinton

You know what I don't get?  People who declare with such confidence that there will never be another one.  What, did you hate the ER so much that one must never rear its head again for you to remain happy, or do you just love being a contrarian hipster so much that you need to vehemently condemn something that makes this online community (of which you're a part of) happy? 

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By MEATBALL

If in some magical alternate universe there was a third Endurance Run I don't think Catherine would be the game being endured. Atlus is cool and all, and it's super awesome that they're localising such a completely weird game that is only going to truly appeal to a very niche set of gamers, but I don't particularly want this alternate universe Endurance Run to become an Atlus-themed thing.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kiemoe

It will never happen, but it would be awesome.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Turambar
    @august said:
    "We are not in the business of playing Atlus games so you don't have to." - Jeff Gerstmann.
    I think it was more "We are not in the buisness of spoiling Atlus games."  Endurance Runs tend to have a positive effect on game sales in terms of GB viewers. 

But yeah, even if there will be an ER for this game (there won't), it would not be for at least a good year after the release.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RE_Player1
    @100_Hertz
    You know what I don't get?  People who declare with such confidence that there will never be another one.  What, did you hate the ER so much that one must never rear its head again for you to remain happy, or do you just love being a contrarian hipster so much that you need to vehemently condemn something that makes this online community (of which you're a part of) happy? 
    I don't say it with confidence but I would not be surprised if they come out tomorrow and say," Hey guys we are never doing an Endurance Run again. Stop asking." Do I love the Endurance Runs? Of course, but the site and Whiskey Media has changed since those days that they got enough features like the HH and TNT, along with probably some new things down the pipe, to keep them busy. Frankly I'm a little shocked that this has turned into a feature people have wanted. The P4 endurance run, which will never be topped in my opinion, was just something they did because Vinny and Jeff wanted to play it and the ER gave them the opportunity to. Deadly Prmonition was a similar situation if I am to understand it but it sucked up to much time because all 4 guys had to play it. So again I don't think that people are saying it will never happen I just think people,like me, think it is highly unlikely.
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Getz

hey guyz wuldnt it be zo kewl if they guyz playd liek minecraft endurance run lololololol

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TobbRobb
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.