Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Xbox 360 Version Keeps Crashing

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Blubba

I just started playing Catherine 2 hours ago and it's frozen 3 times! Is the 360 version supposed to be this bad? I don't remember Jeff's review mentioning anything about it. Maybe the game performs poorly if it's installed on the hard drive? I will uninstall it and see if that improves my problems. Needless to say, it's pretty frustrating. I think the puzzle towers have been fun, but repeating them hasn't.

If you're going to get this game and own both consoles, get the PS3 version. My performance issues aside, the game is supposed to be played with a D-Pad and the Xbox controller is terrible.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I have it for 360 (uninstalled) and have had no freezing issues during the 6 or so hours I've spent with it. Try uninstalling it. Not sure how that would cause poor performance but it's worth a shot!

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jjnen
    @Blubba: What model do you have? I remember reading that someone had same kind of issues with From Dust. Maybe it has something to do with the latest update on 360?
    Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Agent47
    @Blubba: i think it has to do with it being a Japanese game and PS3 being Sony which is a....Japanese company they work on the main version more Xbox being Microsoft an American Company probably misses out on a few tweaks and fixes.
    addix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By addix

I own the 360 version and have it installed. I've encountered no freezing problems. Maybe your 360 is about to die or your just unlucky.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By alternate
    Standard question re : 360 crashes.  Have you cleared the cache? 

@Agent47 said:
    @Blubba: i think it has to do with it being a Japanese game and PS3 being Sony which is a....Japanese company they work on the main version more Xbox being Microsoft an American Company probably misses out on a few tweaks and fixes.
    You are on crack.
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I also have the 360 version installed and have played about 10 hours with no problem whatsoever. I have 360 Elite model. Plus I find the d pad fine. It's only annoying when going spider on the back of blocks and the control reverses. Which the game only now tells me 10 hours in.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By FCKSNAP

@alternate said:

Standard question re : 360 crashes. Have you cleared the cache?

@Agent47 said:
    You are on crack.

He is crack. Don't get near or you'll be hooked!

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

@addix said:

I own the 360 version and have it installed. I've encountered no freezing problems. Maybe your 360 is about to die or your just unlucky.

Same for me, sounds like your 360 is on its way out, sorry dude been through 3 360's myself

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Agent47 said:
    I think that has nothing to do with it.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Could also be a poorly pressed disc as well. If you can still return it for a new copy, I would give that a try.

JamesKond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By JamesKond

The only time I had frequent crashes on Xbox when I had it for three years or so and was trying to play GTAIV, actually, it was unplayable. So if you have an old Xbox it isn't that surprising.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.