Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Yahtzee thoughts on Catherine

• 60 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @nintendoeats said: 

The whole "He doesn't know how it happened" thing actually kind of bothers me more. Even if it gets explained later on, it sounds like a narrative contrivance. That simply isn't how it works in real life. Well, unless you're in an anime.

He's drunk the night he meets her. I've never been drunk before, but I'm not sure people are in their right state of mind when they are.
    fuchikoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By fuchikoma
    @FluxWaveZ
    I have - very much a few times, but I can't imagine how that might sway someone like nintendoeats or I, so it probably doesn't add to the believability. I found it just annihilates motor skills, numbs everything, makes balance nearly impossible, adds nausea, and cuts IQ to a tiny fraction. It doesn't change who I am though...
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Daveyo520

Oh Cat, you crazy

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By nintendoeats

@SoldierG654342: As I've said 50 balillion times, I'm sure it's a good game and I sure that many people will enjoy it. My gameplay choice is simply to not play it. That is completely valid.

And for fucks sake, at some point I must finish SH2. I didn't know about that, but if the game didn't set it up in such a way that I was comfortable with the action, my solution might very well be to not finish the game. That thing is on my "games to get played" shelf, I just need the right mindset to get through it in.

@rebgav: Well, it fit the technical definition of an argument, but it certainly never came to such blows.

However, there are certainly works of fiction, interactive and otherwise, that I have not enjoyed because I was uncomfortable with or actively hated the characters. Catherine may be a great experience, but there are many of those. If I am making a choice between this another experience of equivalent, or slightly lesser, quality I would prefer the latter. I don't think that others should make that call (though everybody really ought to be staunchly anti-cheating), but I'm comfortable with it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @fuchikoma: Ah, then I agree that his cheating with Catherine would make no realistic sense... if he was that attached to Katherine in the first place. Initially, at least, it doesn't seem that Vincent is very vested in his 5-year relationship with Katherine, who's recently started talking about a concept that terrifies Vincent: marriage. But then, suddenly, someone who's literally his dream girl appears; someone who appeals to Vincent in every way. 

I'm of the opinion that Vincent's cheating wasn't an accident. He wanted to engage with Catherine. And seen like that, I think Vincent's character isn't unrealistic.
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Bocam

@CaptainCody: Pretty much this

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ said:

@nintendoeats said: 

The whole "He doesn't know how it happened" thing actually kind of bothers me more. Even if it gets explained later on, it sounds like a narrative contrivance. That simply isn't how it works in real life. Well, unless you're in an anime.

He's drunk the night he meets her. I've never been drunk before, but I'm not sure people are in their right state of mind when they are.
    Some people are blackout drunks, a family member was one of them. She'd go off and do many.. MANY things which I will not name here, but they were morally wrong, she'd never remember what she did the next day no matter how I tried to explain it. It happens and it isn't pretty... it's rather frustrating.
    marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By marlow83

Y'know, I could sit here and make an intelligent rebuttal to every single one of yahtzee's points, but nobody will read it and no one will care. So instead, I'll offer this piece of insight: 
    Yahtzee's a cunt.  

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By LiquidPrince

Yahtzee stopped being funny a long time ago. There's a difference between shitting on bad games, pointing out flaws, and just shitting on everything while trying to be funny. It's only funny if it's true, and he just shits on everything now.

fuchikoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By fuchikoma
    @LiquidPrince
    He gushed over Minecraft. There have been other games he's clearly liked, but he gives the useful info of what might not work for everyone. Plenty of other sites are happy to rate a game 90% (perfect!) to 60% (horrible!). If the things he points out sound trivial, then you'll probably like the game. A lot of times, he'll point out something and I think "I was afraid that could happen here..." and then if I get a demo - he was right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.